What's new

Breakthrough SAFE reverse wakeups! BREAKTHROUGH TECH!

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Maybe that was it. Please don't be offended as I did not intend that. When I read a thread title about tech and I click on the video and it's 10+ minutes, that's too much.

I'm referring to this thread:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/double-cross-up-f3-flash-best-corner-game-in-injustice.35705/

Both of the initial videos on there were nearly 30 minutes together!

Maybe I'm just impatient because I watched a video on how to fix a carpet cleaner and it was only 5 minutes but the guy literally rambled on for 4 minutes and it made me pissed lol

Anyways, I don't want to derail the thread any longer.

<3 Flash!
the first video was a guide, not any new tech i was introducing, the second video was 3 different pieces of tech with explanations on how to do them, when to use it, how to avoid it, etc. if i were to shorten that video and don't show how to block it or get out everyone assumes that its un beatable and its the best thing ever. so i take my time and show you how to avoid it, how to apply it, different examples etc. did you watch the video? i know you don't mean to offend, i have seen one of your tech videos, and the tech you show is simple and with no voice over and edited. i sit there and try to explain how to do it, that way you hear me say how to do it, watch me do it, and can even watch the video and try it yourself at the same time. i use 2 senses to teach. also i don't edit my videos to make them short and sweet, for what? if you don't have the time or patience to watch it either watch it later or take some chill pills. it just angers me that people supposedly don't watch tech that WILL help you become a better flash player. but for now on i'll do it just like everyone else, i'll edit it to make it short and sweet and if you don't understand the tech too bad......

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
the first video was a guide, not any new tech i was introducing, the second video was 3 different pieces of tech with explanations on how to do them, when to use it, how to avoid it, etc. if i were to shorten that video and don't show how to block it or get out everyone assumes that its un beatable and its the best thing ever. so i take my time and show you how to avoid it, how to apply it, different examples etc. did you watch the video? i know you don't mean to offend, i have seen one of your tech videos, and the tech you show is simple and with no voice over and edited. i sit there and try to explain how to do it, that way you hear me say how to do it, watch me do it, and can even watch the video and try it yourself at the same time. i use 2 senses to teach. also i don't edit my videos to make them short and sweet, for what? if you don't have the time or patience to watch it either watch it later or take some chill pills. it just angers me that people supposedly don't watch tech that WILL help you become a better flash player. but for now on i'll do it just like everyone else, i'll edit it to make it short and sweet and if you don't understand the tech too bad......
Please don't change your methods because me and one other guy complain about video length! 100% of the flash community like them the way they are. TBH, I don't even know how to do voice overs and besides, I don't like the sound of my voice in videos like this one:

Zyphox

Please don't change your methods because me and one other guy complain about video length! 100% of the flash community like them the way they are. TBH, I don't even know how to do voice overs and besides, I don't like the sound of my voice in videos like this one:

well it only makes sense, the videos that exceed 10:00 never get many views, even tho those are the most important ones with the best explanation of tech and information. from now on i'll try not to exceed 5 minutes on a video and consolidate all the info, and if i leave something out i'll make a separate video or something.

Zyphox

Pretty sure the entire cast can do this with just a dash, which is a lot easier than running man.
no unless you can find a video of this, because i tried and only doomsday can dash into the corner and reverse you inputs on wake up, this literally changes the direction of your wake up move, so it doesn't reverse the input, but makes you wake up go backwards.

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
no unless you can find a video of this, because i tried and only doomsday can dash into the corner and reverse you inputs on wake up, this literally changes the direction of your wake up move, so it doesn't reverse the input, but makes you wake up go backwards.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Actually, many character can dash to reverse wake ups in the corner, it's not specific to Doomsday.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
well it only makes sense, the videos that exceed 10:00 never get many views, even tho those are the most important ones with the best explanation of tech and information. from now on i'll try not to exceed 5 minutes on a video and consolidate all the info, and if i leave something out i'll make a separate video or something.

In your defense I have watched the entirety of your videos (I'm even subscribed).

But I literally yawned during one of your videos and generally think they stretch often. However, the tech is great.

This is coming from a fan saying that they're just offering constructive criticism.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I`m afraid this game is gonna end up as "Ohh he blocked the wrong way again! And again! And again!" There`s so many times where I swear I`m holding down and I get hit by non-overhead normals. Likely because there`s ever so slight pressure on the pad to register an occasional forward input. I`m sick of being punished when I`m doing what I know I`m supposed to, blocking, but I just can`t see which way I`m supposed to block.

Jon Berg

Noob
Ill lab it when I'm off work but worked on hg who has a godawful dash. Lobo works as well.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
How practical is this to get correctly? Seems like a "what the heck, why not" rather than like Doomsday's.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
does this work on a human?
Yes but it is directly dependent on how good the opponent is at doing wake up attacks. If they mash they'll most likely just get a normal. It only completely reverses the wake up if they do their input on the first few frames. The problem with this flash one is that you can just jump out of the corner on reaction, and completely avoid it all together since he has to be in running man stance.

Zyphox

Actually, many character can dash to reverse wake ups in the corner, it's not specific to Doomsday.
oh well i was un-aware of this tech sorry for speaking out of turn, i wonder if colt knows about this and is working on a fix or if its intended to do this.

SonicBoomBrad

oh well i was un-aware of this tech sorry for speaking out of turn, i wonder if colt knows about this and is working on a fix or if its intended to do this.
Why would you fix a set up that forces opponents to block in very specific situations? Wake ups in this game were done terribly. This helps nullify that by adding in safe pressure tools. It's basically a safe jump.

Zyphox

Yes but it is directly dependent on how good the opponent is at doing wake up attacks. If they mash they'll most likely just get a normal. It only completely reverses the wake up if they do their input on the first few frames. The problem with this flash one is that you can just jump out of the corner on reaction, and completely avoid it all together since he has to be in running man stance.
yo do know that he can cancel and D2? the flash has to make a read though, so its not guaranteed unless they try to wake up, that's where my set up comes in with the RMS NJ/50 50/throw comes in. it's all a read really.

Zyphox

Why would you fix a set up that forces opponents to block in very specific situations? Wake ups in this game were done terribly. This helps nullify that by adding in safe pressure tools. It's basically a safe jump.
because NRS loves the choice of never having to be forced to sit there and block, look at OTG's. they patched that mighty quick, and this looks no different. i don't care if they patch it or not, but knowing them, they probably will.

SonicBoomBrad

yo do know that he can cancel and D2? the flash has to make a read though, so its not guaranteed unless they try to wake up, that's where my set up comes in with the RMS NJ/50 50/throw comes in. it's all a read really.
I actually didn't know he could cancel into d2, that should help him out a lot. The good thing about earth shaker is that it will also anti air them. So it takes a lot of the guess work out.

because NRS loves the choice of never having to be forced to sit there and block, look at OTG's. they patched that mighty quick, and this looks no different. i don't care if they patch it or not, but knowing them, they probably will.
IMO it would be really silly to patch one of the few pressure tools in this game that actually requires thought and effort. Like it forces you to block, it's not like it's game breaking. Street Fighter has had this for years. But I completely see your point.

iitRueii

Noob
How practical is this to get correctly? Seems like a "what the heck, why not" rather than like Doomsday's.
You might as well try it everytime you are in the corner because 100% it stops there wakeups and even if u miss time or they dont wakeup you're neutral :)

iitRueii

Noob
if u predict they are going to jump you can counter there jump as you are neutral as they wakeup, I think just a jumping 1 into corner combo would work