What's new

General/Other - Ronin Ronin General Discussion Thread

Tweedy

Noob
if it's plus 4 and plus 8 the only poke that'll beat it is 6 frames i believe

so what you guys are telling me is if i don't have a 6 frame poke and i don't have meter i'm in an infinite block loop? seriously?
F1 is 12 frames and he's +2 so no. It is super rough, though. Tempest without the need to use meter.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
question, i've seen hayatei do b2~sword toss on block.....why? isnt that really unsafe?

what are the plus frames off the last and 2nd to last hit of f12 2+4? their different for each hit correct?

Tweedy

Noob
question, i've seen hayatei do b2~sword toss on block.....why? isnt that really unsafe?

what are the plus frames off the last and 2nd to last hit of f12 2+4? their different for each hit correct?
Nah, B2 is like barely minus or neutral if you cancel it into blade drop. B21 is around -9 or -10. Maybe he does it because he's unsure if he'll be able to confirm B21 2+4, because of a suspected jump or whiff. I've seen him catch jumps with B2 into drop and EX kall. When people jump it can mess up B21 2+4, because the low will whiff.

They're probably the same. There's never a point in stopping at the 2nd to last hit, on block, though.

B2 is unsafe upclose but at range it is safe he is doing b2 into blade drop to avoid the recovery b21 and b212+4 have if any of the move doesn t hit

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yo, did I get an infraction earlier in this thread for insulting Takgillo? LOL

Me and Tak have been buds for forever and we mess with each other all the time. lolololol

@KHTC Takgillo @Youphemism

Tongue in cheek boys.
Wasn't me but I know who it was and I thought what you were infracted for was funny, I realised you weren't being serious. I'll talk to him about it, I'll probably end up removing it once it's sorted out.

Tweedy

Noob
Wasn't me but I know who it was and I thought what you were infracted for was funny, I realised you weren't being serious. I'll talk to him about it, I'll probably end up removing it once it's sorted out.
You were the first mod that crossed my mind so I tagged you. Wasn't trying to blame you Lord Youph.

Tweedy

Noob
B2 is unsafe upclose but at range it is safe he is doing b2 into blade drop to avoid the recovery b21 and b212+4 have if any of the move doesn t hit
Do you really feel like B2 blade drop is unsafe? It feels barely minus to me. Maybe neutral on block. I'm sure Lord Hayatei will clarify at some point.

Edit: Whoa my posts are getting edited now.

Lol you don't want to know what was in this before I edited again you sexy little fishnet-wearing minx.

TYM WHAT IS GOING ON

Do you really feel like B2 blade drop is unsafe? It feels barely minus to me. Maybe neutral on block. I'm sure Lord Hayatei will clarify at some point.

Edit: Whoa my posts are getting edited now.

Lol you don't want to know what was in this before I edited again.

TYM WHAT IS GOING ON
It s unsafe upclose Take mileena put her on roll reversal and do it. U ll get punished If you are too close to her

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
alright, and i what are the exact plus frames on f12 2+4 call back?

also, how come i never see anyone do f12 2+4 ~ex blade call as a 50/50. Since the last hit is overhead couldnt you make them guess between the 2? wheather the blade call is coming first or the overhead?

Tweedy

Noob

also, how come i never see anyone do f12 2+4 ~ex blade call as a 50/50. Since the last hit is overhead couldnt you make them guess between the 2? wheather the blade call is coming first or the overhead?
+7 or +8, if you're talking about quick call. Normal kall back is either -9 or -13. It says -5 but it's not that, because you'd have to block all three hits, which isn't possible for any character when crouch blocking. If they block one hit you're -13, which is what normally happens.

You can fuzzy that low to overhead. It's still good to throw in there once they're conditioned, like scoop after F41 with Boneshaper.

+7 or +8, if you're talking about quick call. Normal kall back is either -9 or -13. It says -5 but it's not that, because you'd have to block all three hits, which isn't possible for any character when crouch blocking. If they block one hit you're -13, which is what normally happens.

You can fuzzy that low to overhead. It's still good to throw in there once they're conditioned, like scoop after F41 with Boneshaper.
I think they fixed the multiple hitting thing on block with XL it only hit once on block now and it s listed as -13 not -5

all of Takeda f12 2+4 gimmicks in all his variations are reactable which is why it s often not a good idea to try to use it as a 50/50

Tweedy

Noob
all of Takeda f12 2+4 gimmicks in all his variations are reactable which is why it s often not a good idea to try to use it as a 50/50
I wouldn't say the Ronin one is reactable. It's just easy to fuzzy. That's better than reactable, because you can condition someone by not doing low 10 times, then do it. It works.

omooba

fear the moobs
can someone here help me practice the takeda match up. lost to 3 random takeda's in a row on ranked