What's new

Combo List - Smoke Robo Smoke Combo Thread

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Personally after a smoke bomb I do njp run 4 f21xxbf1 and ender.

I find that f21 is waaay more consistent than any other string as it keeps the enemy in the air for a little longer.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Personally after a smoke bomb I do njp run 4 f21xxbf1 and ender.

I find that f21 is waaay more consistent than any other string as it keeps the enemy in the air for a little longer.
I finally had some real match exp with him for 2 hours last night, with two of my training partners over- so def a lot of panic situations, being that he's fresh.
I did find F21 to be way better in those panic converts. He loses 2% combo dmg, maybe? But yeah, I def get what you mean.
With more time, I don't see b21 being a huge problem. Still new combo execution for everyone.

Redux

Ex Phase
Has anyone else tried b1xxsmoke cloud on a low blocking male? I'm at work
it works in some cases. For example, On Kano and Scorpion a max distance b1 into smoke bomb wont connect (spacing at the start of a round), but if you move closer it will. On takeda though b1 into smoke bomb doesnt connect at all. I haven't tested all males but if it doesn't work on takeda there might be another character it won't work on.

edit: yea it seems to be a hitbox issue, b1 into smoke bomb doesnt work on crouch block alien either

Last edited:

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
why do people like ending with his smoke port over air grab when in the corner? His teleport is 0 on hit and air grab is +16.
The frame data for the teleport are wrong. Set your opponent to jump and you'll see that you can jump much faster than them on wakeup.

After some testing, I've noticed that it's at least +14 on hit (b2 is the slowest guaranteed option after the knockdown).

Now to answer your question, after a tp you get a free follow up with a f21/b21/b3 because it leaves them close. The only option the opponent has is to use armor.

The air grab might be +16 but it leaves them full screen and there's nothing really guaranteed after that.

The frame data for the teleport are wrong. Set your opponent to jump and you'll see that you can jump much faster than them on wakeup.

After some testing, I've noticed that it's at least +14 on hit (b2 is the slowest guaranteed option after the knockdown).

Now to answer your question, after a tp you get a free follow up with a f21/b21/b3 because it leaves them close. The only option the opponent has is to use armor.

The air grab might be +16 but it leaves them full screen and there's nothing really guaranteed after that.
Interesting. Don't know why I didn't realize the tele was that plus. It seems the air grab is best used when you want to send them toward a certain end of the screen

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
Interesting. Don't know why I didn't realize the tele was that plus. It seems the air grab is best used when you want to send them toward a certain end of the screen
Yup, in my opinion that's the only reason to use the air grab in combos. Besides corner carry/positioning, there's not really any reason to use it over a teleport.

Redux

Ex Phase

Damn i should of known to test things before believing the in game frame data. Thanks alot it makes much more sense to use the teleport. I wonder what else is wrong in his frame data.

And yeah the air grab throws them full screen which is why I only used it near the corner.

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
Damn i should of known to test things before believing the in game frame data. Thanks alot it makes much more sense to use the teleport. I wonder what else is wrong in his frame data.

And yeah the air grab throws them full screen which is why I only used it near the corner.
Another incorrect move I've noticed is f2. It's definitely NOT a 14f high that does 9% damage haha.

Based on my tests, the startup is 11f, it's -6 on block and around +9/10 on hit.

Last edited:
That style works good when youre finishing up a round and im also not afraid of going for big damage vs a character that isnt dangerous in the neutral game. I only start going for constant short vortex loops when im afraid of a characters offense, I either do those big ones or I aim everything to carry to a corner to stay there a while

he isnt weak from afar but I really hate how he doesnt have Shake or EX shake for normals, that felt to me like his most important mk9 move because although you rarely had to use it, the respect for it was there.

Meterless corner

F4d12,njp,4,21,21,spear,crossover jip,4,sb,b12+4
Throws them back to the corner around 32% i think. Its pretty consistent to land

Redux

Ex Phase
I haven't seen any meterless combos in the corner that let you continue the vortex so here's mine: 28% starter x smoke bomb, njp, 4, 21, 114 x trident, step back, jip, 21. this probably isn't optimal so if any of you guys can hit 30 please post lol.

edit: an easier one for the same 28% damage: starter x smoke bomb, njp, ji4, 21, 114 x trident, step back jip, 21.
The gravity on this is alot more forgiving as you had to delay links after the njp on the first, on this one the links are tighter which makes it easier imo.

Last edited:

redeka

Noob
I've never been more than a very low skilled player, so please bare with me. Ive been practicing low or overhead into the standard vortex but I can't seem to connect the 4 after njp. Is this simply a standing 4 or do I need to shuffle a small step forwards after the njp?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I've never been more than a very low skilled player, so please bare with me. Ive been practicing low or overhead into the standard vortex but I can't seem to connect the 4 after njp. Is this simply a standing 4 or do I need to shuffle a small step forwards after the njp?
You can connect without moving, but you might find it easier to do a short run first. I personally use run~4, 4~bf1 instead of 4, b21~bf1 but that's because that's what I've practised.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Corner - (starter)~mb tele, 4, 4~bomb, 4~spear, njp, f43~tele

Just under 40%, couldn't break it...will try again tomorrow
Maybe add in 114? Instead of the s4 into spear? I'll experiment when I get home.

Would like to have the damage off all the different starters to post in the OP