What's new

Combo List - Smoke Robo Smoke Combo Thread

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Need some advice on invisibility vortex. I dont know if im not doing it right but im getting poked out of the vortex after ex invisibility. After ji2 i do ex invisibility but it doest seem to jail when i go in for the f12 string any of you guys have this problem please let me know what im doing wrong
I don't think ji2 is really +50 on hit , best to do after spear , spear exinvis s3xsmokeforward , then the usual b3/1 or f13, f13 messes with ppl that learned the timing on fuzzy guarding the b3/1 , or go for f1-throw for a tick throw if you think they might guess right and can end the match with a throw

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I don't think ji2 is really +50 on hit , best to do after spear , spear exinvis s3xsmokeforward , then the usual b3/1 or f13, f13 messes with ppl that learned the timing on fuzzy guarding the b3/1 , or go for f1-throw for a tick throw if you think they might guess right and can end the match with a throw
Cool preciate bro thats what was messing me up. Sucks it doesnt work after ji2 i like to use it because i know if it hits i get another vortex while I'm still invisible. Can we still do that. I think that makes it worth the bar

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Cool preciate bro thats what was messing me up. Sucks it doesnt work after ji2 i like to use it because i know if it hits i get another vortex while I'm still invisible. Can we still do that. I think that makes it worth the bar
I find that once u make them respect the fact that b3/1 isn't your only vortex option they stop bothering trying to fuzzy guard it and it opens them up for you to use even more shinanigans

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I will mess with the ji2 some more and see if I'm wrong , timing is tricky with exinvis so maybe I was just off

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I will mess with the ji2 some more and see if I'm wrong , timing is tricky with exinvis so maybe I was just off
Cool let me know what you find out. Do you know if when we do the ex invisibility after the spear and hit them and put them back into vortex are you still invisible for the 50/50.

I Cant test right now im at work

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
What are your thoughts on invis so far kj? I noticed u used it pretty well last time we played , although the f12xxexinvis is kinda gimmicky cuz u can be hit out , you did catch me with it lol
Yea i only use it if a got meter to spare in the last round lol. You did a good job hitting me out of it... I found more success using it in the neutral game rather than his vortex game

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Dawm thats bad ass i think its totally worth the meter, basically you get 2 50/50s vortex while still invisible
Oh you mean after the initial reset? Then no unless you cut the combo short and go straight into spear and skip smoke cloud , ex invis last 6 seconds. But that's not saying it's not worth it if u can get a good 15% off a short vortex combo , gonna have to try it out

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Oh you mean after the initial reset? Then no unless you cut the combo short and go straight into spear and skip smoke cloud , ex invis last 6 seconds. But that's not saying it's not worth it if u can get a good 15% off a short vortex combo , gonna have to try it out
Dawm that sucks when i was using the ji2 ex invisibility and if i hit them i would still be invisible after a bnb vortex so it was totally worth it for me.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
We jus need to lab out the options , it'll get there
Yes agree when i get home gonna lab it up see what more we can do. Theres got to be a way we can trident ex invisibility and if we get a hit we put them back into vortex while we are still invisible without sacrificing too much damage.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I'm an idiot, off of F12 it does 26% lol. I must have gotten the figures muddled up in my head haha. Sorry!
Haha, dude I was going a little bonkers for a bit. I actually did the combo with F13 (that's what you mean by F12, correct, with the Low as the second hit? I know some ppl use diff numbers) and got the 26%, but didn't think anything of it.
Thanks for clarifying!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Haha, dude I was going a little bonkers for a bit. I actually did the combo with F13 (that's what you mean by F12, correct, with the Low as the second hit? I know some ppl use diff numbers) and got the 26%, but didn't think anything of it.
Thanks for clarifying!
Ugh, I'm a tired mess right now. I shouldn't be allowed to post lol. I meant F21.

shura30

Shura
tested with @Asodimazze :

NJP run 4, 4xxspear ji2 4xxSB, f43 db4 = 32%
NJP 4xxsmoke_towards, 4xxspear ji2 4xxSB, f43 db4 = 36%

wtf?apparently the smoke towards changes the damage scaling
not at home, can't check how many juggles we can get more damage from with this

please normalize before tym goes crazy over triborg again