What's new

RM Viking wins Versus Kombat Series #8

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
This week's Versus Kombat Series felt a little different from the others. Although we go at each others' neck time and time again, our locals sensed there was a immediate notion to defend, as we welcomed an invasion of sorts. Five players taking the SIX HOUR DRIVE from Jacksonville and another 2 representing Tampa's Gamers On The Edge weekly, came down to test their talents among the self-proclaimed (and lbsh, it's true) best region of Florida - the south.

First off, thanks to the out of towners who came down to just us at a LOCAL. It means everything to us, hope you guys had an awesome time. After an early loss in Round 2 to Whiteboi, Yung Bacon's Shinnok crept into our Top 8, taking out multi-time Top 8 placers on his way. He would fall to KP, a match where fans prevail over ground sparks, but KP and the rest of Versus learned to RESPECT THE SCOOP (Seriously, Shinnok's Bone Scoop range is super dumb!). Down 2 placed as well, getting up to the top 8 before falling to Vendetta's patient play which turned into a steamroll when Down 2 seemingly lost focus and got antsy towards the end. Both scenes represented nicely, but ultimately fail at taking our crown. Granted it was 7 against the rest of us lol we still held it down :p

This also was the week of the children. As the @Bizzle PB family produced a child in tourney, so did @KingRey as we welcoming our favorite son @KingReyJr to commentate and explicity CALL ME OUT. Plz. Please check out these highlights of both segments.

GB Drewstroyed vs THE INCREDIBLE HULK (well...in the kid's eyes anyway lol!)
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/v/6038438 @ 36:00

King Rey Jr shares his life story with DC, during the match. Then calls out KP. Adorable.
http://www.twitch.tv/vsgc/v/6040428 @ 1:31:00 (Idk how to link directly to the time frame)

Grand Finals:

In the end, it was Viking's night as yet another player has won for the first time. His control of the screen, ability to punish, and chip from hellfire anything lead him to come out victorious. Running it back from being down 2-0 against Gross, to beating him again in a crazy good Grand Finals (re)set - he proves through gameplay, his time was now. This set hit it's climax when there was an intense moment when both guys were 1 hit away from victory and the craziness ensued, with each player not able to land a hit for like 20 seconds lol

Full Playlist:

Full Standings: http://versus.challonge.com/mkx_061015

1st: @MK_Chameleon aka Viking305 (Scorpion: Hellfire)
2nd: @gross (Cassie Cage: Hollywood)
3rd: @Kitana Prime (Kitana: Royal Storm)
4th: @deg222 (Tanya: Dragon Naginata)
5th: GOTE Yung Bacon (Shinnok: Bone Shaper)
5th: @oNe87_VenDeTTa (Kung Jin: Boujutsu)
7th: @Down 2 (Jax: Pumped Up)
7th: @Noobe (Kano: Cybernetic)

Every Wednesday Night! @ www.twitch.tv/vsgc ~9-9:30 EST FGC time because ESL. Every week, at least two of us are competing in Top 16 and we have to standby and delay some things to not hold up ESL production. Moving on!

Thanks for tuning in, reading up, or watching archives afterwards - doesn't matter. All support is appreciated!

Attachments

Last edited:

Kitana Prime

Btw, here's a piece of the King Rey Jr. lifestory.

Please watch the link to the twitch archive for the call out and pop off as he defends kids' honor everywhere. The YouTube clip cuts off after the match.

ITS THE BEST!

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Top 8 was so intense! It felt more like a regional than a local. Yomi and Versus continue to be my favorite weeklies. Keep up the great work!

KingRey

Noob
We had an absolute blast I just wish you guys weren't so far from us. If it was only a two hour drive we would be there every week but FL is huge unfortunately. See you guys at CEO! KP you better get ready Jr has been talking a ton of trash about your super offensive Kitana lol.

Last edited:

Kitana Prime

Were gonna go in hard. If you know what I mean
You did NOT just say that. But since you're Wade, you probably did.

We had an absolute blast I just wish you guys were so far from us. If it was only a two hour drive we would be there every week but FL is huge unfortunately. See you guys at CEO! KP you better get ready Jr has been talking a ton of trash about your super offensive Kitana lol.
Can't wait. I will destroy all dreams!

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Tanya losing to Kitana? Must be a 7-3 match up. Kitana limits Tanyas movement. Need more Kitana nerfs and Tanya buffs.

BudL0

Creator of BudTech
If you TYMers are watching us and supporting our stream, thank you so much. We have some hiccups sometimes but we try to make sure things run smoothly. We try to make it fun and have a good time as well. Check out South Florida at its best and our special guests from the north part and west part of the state every Wednesday. Next week, you won't want to miss the CEO level up sesh!

Again thanks for all the support, and give the stream a follow next time you tune in!

brahji

Noob
I'm going to have to make it down to this soon. I'm new to the fgc and this looks like good fun. Doesn't seem to be much of a scene in the Gainesville area.