What's new

Breakthrough - Balanced RIP Kenshi. Why Balanced is Bottom 5 in MKX and it's a shame.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
LOL I'm just thinking about the night before the patch how excited @Big D was to start maining Kenshi. RIP.
He wasn't excited he was taking a back handed slap at people who play this character. He believes the character is still the one from mk9.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Im not gonna write long post here, since everything have been said already dozen times.

Kenshi is low tier now. The struggle is real.

Balanced is total crap. Kenjutsu got a lot worse since OS got removed. When i win or go close to even with Erron, Shinnok or any other top characters i feel like a star.

It's mind blowing how NRS thought that removing 10 frames of -53 move on whiff makes this character any better, while many weaker characters got buffed and now are way better then Kenshi.

Also mentioning Quan Chi in this thread is blasphemy. GTFO Dink.

I really feel like i should stop playing MK X, since i only like Kenshi as a character and playing him makes me salty almost all the time. Competing with this character is suicidal at this point.

Last patch: rich got reacher, weak got buffed and Kenshi got fucked. That is all.

EOTL

Its kinda interesting that when he first got buffed people including Pig were claiming top 10, possibly top 5. He is one of the worst but I don't think he sucks. Balance is just quite a bit better than when the game started. Someone will have to be bottom 5 at the end of the day. Seems a shame to moan when overall it was a fantastic patch by NRS.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Im not gonna write long post here, since everything have been said already dozen times.

Kenshi is low tier now. The struggle is real.

Balanced is total crap. Kenjutsu got a lot worse since OS got removed. When i win or go close to even with Erron, Shinnok or any other top characters i feel like a star.

It's mind blowing how NRS thought that removing 10 frames of -53 move on whiff makes this character any better, while many weaker characters got buffed and now are way better then Kenshi.

Also mentioning Quan Chi in this thread is blasphemy. GTFO Dink.

I really feel like i should stop playing MK X, since i only like Kenshi as a character and playing him makes me salty almost all the time. Competing with this character is suicidal at this point.

Last patch: rich got reacher, weak got buffed and Kenshi got fucked. That is all.
bone shaper isn't top tier anymore, but I agree on everything else.

Its kinda interesting that when he first got buffed people including Pig were claiming top 10, possibly top 5. He is one of the worst but I don't think he sucks. Balance is just quite a bit better than when the game started. Someone will have to be bottom 5 at the end of the day. Seems a shame to moan when overall it was a fantastic patch by NRS.
people get excited and game was like 1 month old back then, now game is progressed and more dirt is found for other characters, its obvious this character needs much more help then reducing -10 off bf3 whiff recovery

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So many people say things like "oh we can't have another MK9 Kenshi", and it made a little sense to make that statement in the beginning, but should we still be making it now? We've all learned the game. We see what MKX is capable of. I'll be honest enought to say that I do not play Kenshi at all, but think that MK9 Kenshi, or at least an "almost as good" version needs to be buffed up to speed. Why?

Have you seen the game? MKX Lao, Quan Chi, Erron Black, Cassie, Cryo Sub, Predator, etc exist. They are literally existing in this game and it's ok. With the amounts of ridiculous bs in MKX and the offensive favoring meta MK9 Kenshi wouldn't even BE the best character in the game, let alone an "almost as good" version.

But maybe taking -10 off of Teleflurry was enough to make him viable.

I don't play Kenshi. But I do play Spectral Ermac, Vicious FT, Hunter Predator, Fisticuffs Johnny, Metallic Tremor & Lasher Takeda.

So I know my fair share of having things taken away & things given to you. Yet when I look at Kenshi's buffs or see them in action they never stand out to me. Going from minus a million to minus four-hundred thousand isn't anything to get hype about. Now possessed and Kenjutsu look dope & can do things... but I think some Kenshi players get mad that Quan Cheadle is over there looking Like the Fresh Prince of Captain Planet getting that new cheeky d1. Laser Takeda gets ALL NEW MOVES and the ability to MB. Tremor got faster projectiles. Johnny got hit box fixes. Venomous Dvorah got TRUE acid blockstrings. Predator only lost 2 to 4% a combo. And you guys got some cute stuff that didn't really help what your character is supposed to do.

Hell Reptile got an invisible armored parry and FT got a dash cancel.

Everyone got the new Golden pair of Majestic Space Jam Jordans. You guys got some used vans and are pissed about it.

But devil's advocate time.

If you were to get buffs that some. SOME not all have proposed he'd be more like MK9 Kenshi. Which is a big no-no. He can keep you out and a lot of MKX characters would never get in. So I see both sides of the argument. Oh and spectral Ermac's got to be a completely DIFFERENT character.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
So many people say things like "oh we can't have another MK9 Kenshi", and it made a little sense to make that statement in the beginning, but should we still be making it now? We've all learned the game. We see what MKX is capable of. I'll be honest enought to say that I do not play Kenshi at all, but think that MK9 Kenshi, or at least an "almost as good" version needs to be buffed up to speed. Why?

Have you seen the game? MKX Lao, Quan Chi, Erron Black, Cassie, Cryo Sub, Predator, etc exist. They are literally existing in this game and it's ok. With the amounts of ridiculous bs in MKX and the offensive favoring meta MK9 Kenshi wouldn't even BE the best character in the game, let alone an "almost as good" version.

But maybe taking -10 off of Teleflurry was enough to make him viable.
Taking -10 off of Telleflurry was enough to make him viable ?
Are you an Addict?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
So wait we aren't counting this patch as a fix for changing character dynamics. ahh Got it let me run this post back a month then we can continue this argument and you be right.

That's right guys pack it up lets not count this patch and live in the now and the state of the game as is right now.
Dude, your response to the statement that Kenshi players been whining the hardest since the opening month of the game when other characters were just as ignored, was that it is justified because of a patch that came out 2 days ago? Do you have to work hard to be this stupid or were you born this way?

I do not like his overall clunky feel. Nothing feels fluid with Kenshi to me. No whining here. More power to you if you feel he is good. Keep the dream alive, man.
Fair enough, can't argue personal taste. However it's a bit much to say the character is unplayable as a whole, I played a lot of Kenjutsu and still sub him, he's very playable and so is Possessed, even if they aren't top 5, there is over 60 variations, its ok to not to be better than the majority of the game.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT SO I DON'T GET BLOWN UP FOR SAYING IT!!! But yes balanced kenshi is definitely bottom 5, he is absolute dog shit. And yet... I can't stop playing him!! I'm born to play the worst variation I guess since I'm not comfortable with the other variations

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Dude, your response to the statement that Kenshi players been whining the hardest since the opening month of the game when other characters were just as ignored, was that it is justified because of a patch that came out 2 days ago? Do you have to work hard to be this stupid or were you born this way?

Fair enough, can't argue personal taste. However it's a bit much to say the character is unplayable as a whole, I played a lot of Kenjutsu and still sub him, he's very playable and so is Possessed, even if they aren't top 5, there is over 60 variations, its ok to not to be better than the majority of the game.
I see where you are coming from. I really do, how it seems like balanced kenshi mains are whining, but right now. It really is that bad he literally has nothing going for him IN THE BALANCED VARIATION. The other 2 variations could get something but it isn't nearly as drastic as balanced. Literally everything he has sucks. Even his armor. The best part about him isn't that good. Balanced kenshi is objectively terrible but there is nothing I can do about it so I'm going to keep the rest of my opinions about him in private