What's new

Breakthrough - Balanced RIP Kenshi. Why Balanced is Bottom 5 in MKX and it's a shame.

Holy fuck are you actually now starting the campaign to get QC armor now? Dude you have already lost the right to EVER call anyone a downplayer, at least when Pig is always complaining it's about a low tier character, you had a private conversation with an NRS balance dev and fought as hard as you could to get Summoner Quan ridiculous buffs that you still defend because you want your challenge to be as easy as possible, but can't justify it at all since your reasoning was to do with LK dash cancels which were removed, lol don't complain about downplaying nobody will ever match you on this front
Dude, have you been around in MK9 days. All of what you are saying was literally backwards, Dink was playing a low tier (Quan Chi was shit in mk9 even with rune trap) he was traveling for tournaments and he actually got top 17 at evo with Quan in 2012 - the second year of games life. Pig was one of the best in mk9, after Kenshi came out and became his main Pig was unstoppable , BUT he always complained about even mk9 God tier Kenshi's bad match ups. There was so much salt about Kung Lao and Kabal))) and then in injustice it was Zod, who was definitely top 5, maybe even top 3 character in the game. And we still had a lot to hear about Sinestro (which ended up being not that bad of MU) and MMH. So no pig complained a lot about the top tier needs just like Dink does now. Pig just happened to play low tier this time and they switched their roles. And it is fine - people will always want there character to be better. I just think it is only fair to Dink that after putting so much work and dedication to a low tier shitter in mk9, his character which he is still loyal to (he would main Quan even if he was Shiva of this game) is actually a top tier this time around.

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Dude, have you been around in MK9 days. All of what you are saying was literally backwards, Dink was playing a low tier (Quan Chi was shit in mk9 even with rune trap) he was traveling for tournaments and he actually got top 8 at evo with Quan in 2012 - the second year of games life. Pig was one of the best in mk9, after Kenshi came out and became his main Pig was unstoppable , BUT he always complained about even mk9 God tier Kenshi's bad match ups. There was so much salt about Kung Lao and Kabal))) and then in injustice it was Zod, who was definitely top 5, maybe even top 3 character in the game. And we still had a lot to hear about Sinestro (which ended up being not that bad of MU) and MMH. So no pig complained a lot about the top tier needs just like Dink does now. Pig just happened to play low tier this time and they switched their roles. And it is fine - people will always want there character to be better. I just think it is only fair to Dink that after putting so much work and dedication to a low tier shitter in mk9, his character which he is still loyal to (he would main Quan even if he was Shiva of this game) is actually a top tier this time around.
I love this post! Except 2012 I placed 17th, not top 8 :( actually all three years I went to evo for mk I've placed 17th. Frustrating but consistent lol

Also has anyone seen @YOMI DJT 's balanced Kenshi on Yomi streams??!? Seems pretty legit. But of course Yomi are just a bunch of scrubs who don't know the MU. It would be soooo awesome to see DJT get top 8 with Kenshi at a major, so this thread joins "Tremor is Abysmal" one)))

Schuyler

Noob
... He made top 8 at EVO.

And reptile has since been buffed.

As has Takeda. Buffed incredibly in fact.

Kenshi still remains shit however.
Yes I said accept milky situation at one tournament. Evo is still a tournament. And the buff just makes him more meter dependent as from what I've seen.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Kenshi's problems and how DJT went around them during yesterday's yomi stream:
- tele-flury can be netral ducked and punished from fullscreen - the opponent didn't actually have what to duck because djt didn't abuse it, actually, surprisingly, rarely used it except to end the combos;
- lack of 50/50 - didn't actually have to do them because he grabed the opponent sending him fullscreen so he had to get in again;
- unsafe footsies - he used push and stayed at a little more than jump distance away always backing away;
- lack of + armor on hit - not that he needs it, but djt was using armor for reads and punishing gaps.
This reminds me of dave's Tremor assessment, when he said Tremor has bad zoning - thus the character is bad, except dave played Tremor for 4 hours, while poth played Kenshi for 4 months. Maybe Kenshi should be played differently. Mixing up pushes with d4's and grabs was the best strategy I've seen.
Someone said MK9 Kenshi would do great in this game. I agree. He wouldn't be as dominat in MKX, but a lot better than he is right now.
Also has anyone seen @YOMI DJT 's balanced Kenshi on Yomi streams??!? Seems pretty legit. But of course Yomi are just a bunch of scrubs who don't know the MU. It would be soooo awesome to see DJT get top 8 with Kenshi at a major, so this thread joins "Tremor is Abysmal" one)))
This is nowhere near as bad as the tremor is abysmal thread. That one was just stupid. I doubt djt will take Kenshi to a major though, the character really is lacking.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Kenshi's problems and how DJT went around them during yesterday's yomi stream:
- tele-flury can be netral ducked and punished from fullscreen - the opponent didn't actually have what to duck because djt didn't abuse it, actually, surprisingly, rarely used it except to end the combos;
- lack of 50/50 - didn't actually have to do them because he grabed the opponent sending him fullscreen so he had to get in again;
- unsafe footsies - he used push and stayed at a little more than jump distance away always backing away;
- lack of + armor on hit - not that he needs it, but djt was using armor for reads and punishing gaps.
This reminds me of dave's Tremor assessment, when he said Tremor has bad zoning - thus the character is bad, except dave played Tremor for 4 hours, while poth played Kenshi for 4 months. Maybe Kenshi should be played differently. Mixing up pushes with d4's and grabs was the best strategy I've seen.
Someone said MK9 Kenshi would do great in this game. I agree. he wouldn't be as dominat in MKX.

This is nowhere near as bad as the tremor is abysmal thread. That one was just stupid. I doubt djt will take Kenshi to a major though, the character really is lacking.
I did watch Yomi stream just for that.

DJT is a really good player he would make pre buff Goro work. The way he played Kenshi would work with almost any character that has some sort of push move. He was avoiding using Kenshi moves as much as possible, since he know how bad they all are in balanced. He was doing what most Kenshi (in balanced) are doing now, d4 / grab, s1 grab coz those are his "best" and only options for fake mix ups.

Does this means that Kenshi in balanced is viable? No, it only means that DJT is a very good player and as such he can make almost any character work (to some degree). That is all.

Last edited:

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

DJT is a really good player he would make pre buff Goro work. The way he played Kenshi would work with almost any character that has some sort of push move. He was avoiding using Kenshi moves as much as possible, since he know how bad they all are in balanced. He was doing what most Kenshi (in balanced) are doing now, d4 / grab, s1 grab coz those are hes "best" and only options for fake mix ups.

Does this means that Kenshi in balanced is viable? No, it only means that DJT is a very good player and as such he can make almost any character work (to some degree). That is all.
I think even @YOMI DJT can't make Goro work.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

DJT is a really good player he would make pre buff Goro work. The way he played Kenshi would work with almost any character that has some sort of push move. He was avoiding using Kenshi moves as much as possible, since he know how bad they all are in balanced. He was doing what most Kenshi (in balanced) are doing now, d4 / grab, s1 grab coz those are his "best" and only options for fake mix ups.

Where can I see the fights where DJT used Balanced?

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
thats nice.
You're saying someone is not providing what you're asking for, when the problem stems from the fact you don't know how to properly express yourself with language. You're pretty much going through how babies cry when they want something but don't have the necessary motor functions developed to express exactly what they want to the people around them.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Dude, have you been around in MK9 days. All of what you are saying was literally backwards, Dink was playing a low tier (Quan Chi was shit in mk9 even with rune trap) he was traveling for tournaments and he actually got top 17 at evo with Quan in 2012 - the second year of games life. Pig was one of the best in mk9, after Kenshi came out and became his main Pig was unstoppable , BUT he always complained about even mk9 God tier Kenshi's bad match ups. There was so much salt about Kung Lao and Kabal))) and then in injustice it was Zod, who was definitely top 5, maybe even top 3 character in the game. And we still had a lot to hear about Sinestro (which ended up being not that bad of MU) and MMH. So no pig complained a lot about the top tier needs just like Dink does now. Pig just happened to play low tier this time and they switched their roles. And it is fine - people will always want there character to be better. I just think it is only fair to Dink that after putting so much work and dedication to a low tier shitter in mk9, his character which he is still loyal to (he would main Quan even if he was Shiva of this game) is actually a top tier this time around.
I respect that too

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If teleflurry becomes a mid, he'd be soooo good. If the overhead slash was faster and tracked he'd be super good. If it tracked, was faster AND the Ex version was a pop up.. *drool*

Schuyler

Noob
You're saying someone is not providing what you're asking for, when the problem stems from the fact you don't know how to properly express yourself with language. You're pretty much going through how babies cry when they want something but don't have the necessary motor functions developed to express exactly what they want to the people around them.
Your really saying that me using accept instead of except is the reason why he couldn't name another reptile that's actually done something at a major tournament? Do you know how idiotic that sounds. I'm sure he understood me fine your talking like I was speaking another language. Can you tell me another reptile that's made top 16 EXCEPT milky situation at ONE tournament? Didn't think so.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Your really saying that me using accept instead of except is the reason why he couldn't name another reptile that's actually done something at a major tournament? Do you know how idiotic that sounds. I'm sure he understood me fine your talking like I was speaking another language. Can you tell me another reptile that's made top 16 EXCEPT milky situation at ONE tournament? Didn't think so.
I can. Chris G

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Nice try but chris G mainly used kung jin in this game. He doesn't main reptile.
That's not what you asked for (There's that expression thing again). As another little factoid Master Betty finished just outside of top 16 at evo.

JDM

Noob
Can someone answer me.

Why did people think Balanced shot to top 5 but now everyone accepts that he's a shitter.

Also why does no one use possessed? It's clearly his best variation. Waiting for some answers. :)

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Can someone answer me.

Why did people think Balanced shot to top 5 but now everyone accepts that he's a shitter.

Also why does no one use possessed? It's clearly his best variation. Waiting for some answers. :)
To be honest it was just overexcitement. At the time it seemed like it would be just enough to bring him up in the world. The game and balanced itself still had much to be explored. No one knew just how many holes balanced had in it's strings. Also the original patch notes version of Teleflurry is not what we got. It was hotfixed almost immediately putting it back down to the -51 we had to sit there with until this week.

Reactions: JDM

Immortal

Blind justice....
Can someone answer me.

Never thought he was top 5, always said even on TYM that top 10 is upplaying. Top 15 was where he lived pre last patch. Now he is low tier. Possibly bottom 5.