What's new

RIP Gears of War...

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
What happened?

Nevermind. I just noticed your first sentence was a link.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Pretty disappointed.

Was interested in seeing what MS was going to do with Black Tusk, was hoping for a new original IP from them.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I wouldn't give up on Microsoft just yet...considering what they did for KI. You never know.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Damn, that's a shame, honestly had a strong inkling that it might've gone multiplatform this generation.

On the flip side, Epic had their heads up their asses after the breakout success of Gears 1 in the first place, so it could well be for the better.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Could be for the best. Maybe it will have servers that don't suck a butt now, especially if a couple of your friends don't wanna buy new map packs every 3 days...

SEV

Noob
As odd as this may sound, I think this could only be good news for the franchise. I wasn't in with Epic but I was in with people that were in with Epic, and nothing but bad news was coming from there, and the company took the game in too casual of a direction, putting little focus on the competitive aspect until after Judgement was already released and their in house competitive testing was done by people that didn't play the game in a traditional manner, and it killed the franchise. What the series needs to have a second life is a reboot, we just have to hope that the new company will take embrace both competitive and casual play alike, and can produce a quality game, rather than just the buy license and produce a shitty game because they know it will sell because of the franchise name.

SEV

Noob
Damn, that's a shame, honestly had a strong inkling that it might've gone multiplatform this generation.

On the flip side, Epic had their heads up their asses after the breakout success of Gears 1 in the first place, so it could well be for the better.
Yeah, the multiplayer of GoW 1 was put in last minute, and was never intended to be the focus of the game, nor did they plan on it's success. Epic is mainly devoted to the Unreal Engine, and that is where they put the majority of their focus, and it definitely shows as they really haven't produced successful games outside of the UT or GoW franchises.

Hades

Noob
Wow this sucks if gears is truly dead. But then again gears pretty much died with judgement. That game was absolute ass compared to the previous 3. I was hopeful of a gears revival but I suppose I was hoping for a bit much :(

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
As odd as this may sound, I think this could only be good news for the franchise. I wasn't in with Epic but I was in with people that were in with Epic, and nothing but bad news was coming from there, and the company took the game in too casual of a direction, putting little focus on the competitive aspect until after Judgement was already released and their in house competitive testing was done by people that didn't play the game in a traditional manner, and it killed the franchise. What the series needs to have a second life is a reboot, we just have to hope that the new company will take embrace both competitive and casual play alike, and can produce a quality game, rather than just the buy license and produce a shitty game because they know it will sell because of the franchise name.
I'm sure @Zyos agrees too. Games went down hill since first gears :p. Didn't even play Judgment tbh

SEV

Noob
I'm sure @Zyos agrees too. Games went down hill since first gears :p. Didn't even play Judgment tbh
GoW 2 TU3 was the best version of the franchise IMO, which is what MLG ran before Epic fucked the community with TU4. And Gears 3 was alright, was an improvement from what GoW 2 ended on, but Judgement was straight unplayable from a competitive stand point.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Judgement was a disappointment. Hopefully this can take the series in a new direction. Definitely one of my favorite franchises

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Agree with @GGA Dizzy epic was 50% gears 1 although filled with glitchs was AMAZING, gears 2 SUCKED, gears 3 was OK, and i didnt play judgement cause i was told not to because it sucked, microsoft cant do worse so i say bring it on

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
Why don't we wait for the next game to actually be in development for more than 2 weeks before we call the series dead?