What's new

RETURN OF THE KING -- Calling Out Sonic Fox

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
@zoofs and @RagingRicans can you guys point me out to the Predator players that are beating you and making you feel like Sub loses the matchup? I want to play those Predators in a long set with my Sub and record/stream it. Then you guys can watch it and finally have a clue about the matchup hopefully. That would probably help alot better since me explaining it in words can't help you

RagingRicans

NetBattles
I wouldnt say beaten me, but I feel like I understand the MU deeper than you do.

Most of my MU experience comes from @JDM . He should be well versed in the GM match up, so it would be a great fight. I'm not just your average Sub-Zero. I'm one of the best and played countless MU's throughly. Not just some theory fighting player.

Remember.... Whiff a slide 5-5

ForeverKing

@zoofs @RagingRicans so what would you guys say if I bodied every Predator with Sub like 10-0 or 10-1 or 10-2 or something like that, and you watched those first to 10's and seen what Sub Zero's options are against D4 and zoning?

RagingRicans

NetBattles
@zoofs @RagingRicans so what would you guys say if I bodied every Predator with Sub like 10-0 or 10-1 or 10-2 or something like that, and you watched those first to 10's and seen what Sub Zero's options are against D4 and zoning?
That's not how it works lol but I would give it a watch. I would also like to play your HQT.

Sub does have options, but they are very limited. I would like to see how you can make it work. Dont underestimate @JDM though lol

ForeverKing

That's not how it works lol but I would give it a watch. I would also like to play your HQT.

Sub does have options, but they are very limited. I would like to see how you can make it work. Dont underestimate @JDM though lol
It's not underestimating, I just don't think it's a bad matchup at all. So I'm not worried about that matchup at all, think I would beat any Predator in the world with Sub. Why would me bodying a Predator and showing you Sub's options not have any effect on your opinion?

RagingRicans

NetBattles
You beating a lesser player with sub (Not saying JDM is) doesnt prove much. HQT vs Sub is not an unwinnable Match up either. Hes just at an obvious disadvantage.

Play your games, but lets talk as well. What are his options against d4? I know of them,but would like to read your opinion.

ForeverKing

You beating a lesser player with sub (Not saying JDM is) doesnt prove much. HQT vs Sub is not an unwinnable Match up either. Hes just at an obvious disadvantage.

Play your games, but lets talk as well. What are his options against d4? I know of them,but would like to read your opinion.
If you block a D4, you can B12~ice ball to punish it. If you don't trust that punish you can easily reversal slide to punish. Or if you know for sure a D4 is coming, walk back and let it whiff. B2 whiff punish. D4 is a great tool of course, but you can't just throw it out willy nilly. It's awesome how it goes through the clone though.

The main reason why I think it's 5-5 instead of Sub Zero losing is that Sub Zero's main gameplan is get HQT to the corner and keep him there. Predator main gameplan is to stay midscreen and zone. But in my opinion it much easier for Sub Zero to close the gap on Predator's zoning, than it is for Predator to squirm out of the corner should Sub get him there.

Zoning is not that powerful in this game. This isn't MK9 or Injustice. The run feature is such a powerful tool to move you across the screen quickly. Almost every single character in the game (besides Goro) get from one corner of the screen to the other corner of the screen in 1 second by running. Which makes zoning much less effective. If somebody is just shooting out projectile one immediately after another, it becomes predictable to just walk crouch walk crouch walk crouch. Or ever armor slide for that matter. A zoner isn't going to just mindlessly blast projectile after projectile, he might throw a projectile then hesitate for a second and try to bait armor or a teleport or something. And in that one second of hesitation, you could have just closed a full screen gap by running.

That's why in my opinion rushdown is MUCH stronger than zoning in this game, which also explains why I don't think Sub loses to HQT because he gets "zoned out." It's much easier for Sub to navigate through the lasers, than it is for Predator to guess his way out of the corner.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
D4 is a punish on all clone cancels, but f4xxEXCLONE allows you to jump. Using d4 without canceling into lazer with HQT is not going to happen, so a b12 punish is off the table.

You're not even giving realistic solutions to counter d4, you're just falling back into the "Sub's corner is so broken " routine.

You don't have to exclusively Zone with HQT Predator, a mixture of both is key. With that said, HQT has alot of options up close to destroy Subs natural gameplan with clone. Sub has zero pressure without clone, so once hes in he cant stay in without making a hard read to push HQT in the corner.

Yes, a simple d4 changes the MU so much and I honestly don't think you actually understand Sub or this MU lol

Last edited: