What's new

Question Reptile Q and A Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
JIP> 321 > NJP> Ex acid hand> 32 fastball > slowball > 321> slide 45% damage 1 meter
Yeah, I knew about that one, but if you do a reset combo you can get just as much damage meterless, idk, I don't see a need to use meter in combos unless it's off of 1221 into f2 ex ffb, or in the corner.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Yeah, I knew about that one, but if you do a reset combo you can get just as much damage meterless, idk, I don't see a need to use meter in combos unless it's off of 1221 into f2 ex ffb, or in the corner.
I absolutely agree, using ex acid hand is basically pointless in almost every situation.

What do you guys think of mixing in d4~slide with d4~acidhand? I like to use that when the acid hand starts getting blocked... Also, anyone use d1~spit? I always do it on accident.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
What do you guys think of mixing in d4~slide with d4~acidhand? I like to use that when the acid hand starts getting blocked... Also, anyone use d1~spit? I always do it on accident.
d1 spit is something that happens to me on accident too.

In fighting games, there is something called risk/reward. A 7% slide risking a 35-45% isnt even worth it, plus your opponent can just block both if he/she hold down long enough (accident or not) using fuzzy guard. Its not even a good checking tool

I seriously want to know this. How much meter does 122 acid hand build? I know 321 ah is about 41-42%. Because if 122 ah builds more, I dont see the point of not using this.

In fighting games, there is something called risk/reward. A 7% slide risking a 35-45% isnt even worth it, plus your opponent can just block both if he/she hold down long enough (accident or not) using fuzzy guard. Its not even a good checking tool
Kool thanx for the input!

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Any tips to nail his BnB? (321 dash into NJP, 32, slow ball, 32, fast ball, 321 into invisibility) I usually hit 1 and 2 after eachother (piano style). But it'll occasionaly whiff. (which can cost you)

Also:
how do you guys feel about 12b+1 as a blockstring? Most people will be scared of the overhead. I used to do 12 into slide, but that gives them wake-up options. (which can again, cost you)

Any tips to nail his BnB? (321 dash into NJP, 32, slow ball, 32, fast ball, 321 into invisibility) I usually hit 1 and 2 after eachother (piano style). But it'll occasionaly whiff. (which can cost you)

Also:
how do you guys feel about 12b+1 as a blockstring? Most people will be scared of the overhead. I used to do 12 into slide, but that gives them wake-up options. (which can again, cost you)
There are dozens of "how to nail 321 njp" threads so search and I'm sure you'll find a good answer.

I will use 12b1 only rarely. You gain much more meter and chip from doing 321 acid hand, staggering variations of 321, and ending 321 with ex dash to continue pressure.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
not only is the reptile forum the best, but this specific thread is probably the best place to get any kind of information on the game, reptile or not lol. so here's my question: what is it about Sektors teleport that makes it punishable sometimes, and then at other times he doesnt spin in the air at all? is it simply that one is the regular version and the other is the EX version? cuz i swear i didnt see him glow with that EX aura thing or see any meter drain a few times during a safe teleport. i may be wrong though, and its probably just that one is EX and one is not, but someone put me out of my misery please lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
not only is the reptile forum the best, but this specific thread is probably the best place to get any kind of information on the game, reptile or not lol. so here's my question: what is it about Sektors teleport that makes it punishable sometimes, and then at other times he doesnt spin in the air at all? is it simply that one is the regular version and the other is the EX version? cuz i swear i didnt see him glow with that EX aura thing or see any meter drain a few times during a safe teleport. i may be wrong though, and its probably just that one is EX and one is not, but someone put me out of my misery please lol
I could be wrong because I've never tried but I think its either if you neutral duck or duck block the normal one it whiffs, like I said idk though I always block it high somehow haha.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Not sure if it's been asked yet, but does Reptile have armor throughout all of EN Acid Hand and EN Slide? Like from the very 1st frame onwards?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Not sure if it's been asked yet, but does Reptile have armor throughout all of EN Acid Hand and EN Slide? Like from the very 1st frame onwards?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Ex acid hand doesn't have armor, also no he doesn't have aromor for the entirity of the move.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Quick question...how do you guys do the elbow dash so fast while the opponent is on the ground ? some tips some be nice, since reptile is my secondary.Thanks in advance

Example : 1:34