General/Other - Reptile Reptile Pre-Release General Discussions Thread

Are you hype for Reptile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
This character is fucking strong. He retains almost all of his good tools universally so you can basically choose your buff. Insane chip damage potential, good punish move (dash still looks fast), force ball midscreen traps. Reptile is no joke.

See you online.

People are keen on knocking the lack of additional moves /properties his variations gives him. I think that very thing is going to make him a very strong character. Like someone said earlier, they almost expected the ability to stop his forceballs to be limited to a variation. Which makes sense...BUT IT ISN'T! That's very exciting to have a character that has access to basically his best tools across all variations but gets a new one on top of all that in different variations. Not jumping the gun here but it may be a blessing to not have to worry about which variation to pick as a counter as much as other players.

P.S please give me my variation tags for reptile to put under my name...please.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm really digging him after finally getting to watch. He has everything. That flip looks way better than I orignally thought it would be. He seems to have a great poke in palm string since it's a mid, and he has that pretty damn good low poke. Having a decent comboavle overhead won't hurt. The only thing that kind of worried me is that fb's are looking pretty slow, but not so slow that I'm going to be scared to use them. Biggest plus imo, WE CAN MOVE WITHOUT DASH!!!!!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
honestly i think his walk speed and normal dash are still slow compared to the rest of the cast.. definitely faster than mk9 but still slower than everyone else.. Also im going to miss my mk9 d4..

Btw what are we going to cancel our strings into now that acid hand is gone.. i doubt thout overheads are very safe since theyre pretty quick

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
btw his flash trait lasts for 3 seconds exactly. should be interesting to see what we can do with it.. I wish it had a little faster startup though.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
honestly i think his walk speed and normal dash are still slow compared to the rest of the cast.. definitely faster than mk9 but still slower than everyone else.. Also im going to miss my mk9 d4..

Btw what are we going to cancel our strings into now that acid hand is gone.. i doubt thout overheads are very safe since theyre pretty quick
No way man he's got a pretty fast walk speed from what I've seen, faster than most of the characters so far.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
This character is fucking strong. He retains almost all of his good tools universally so you can basically choose your buff. Insane chip damage potential, good punish move (dash still looks fast), force ball midscreen traps. Reptile is no joke.

See you online.

You're a joke

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
No way man he's got a pretty fast walk speed from what I've seen, faster than most of the characters so far.
its pretty weird now because it actually has really good startup unlike mk9 but to me it seems a little slower once started. But his forward dash is definitely worse than all the other characters. I think elbow dash will play a similar role like in mk9 since its still quite faster than running.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
mixing the running with elbow dash will be very interesting way to control space.. for example: if you are full screen you can dash and instantly start running after to get a cross faster than any other character

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
  • its pretty weird now because it actually has really good startup unlike mk9 but to me it seems a little slower once started. But his forward dash is definitely worse than all the other characters. I think elbow dash will play a similar role like in mk9 since its still quite faster than running.
That walk is 100% usable from what I saw and that's all that matters to me. However, it didn't really slow down from what I saw. I just rewatched it too.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
mixing the running with elbow dash will be very interesting way to control space.. for example: if you are full screen you can dash and instantly start running after to get a cross faster than any other character
That will certainly save stamina which will be useful.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
That walk is 100% usable from what I saw and that's all that matters to me. However, it didn't really slow down from what I saw. I just rewatched it too.
oh yea its definitely better but not that it slows down just that its top speed is a little slower than others. i think startup is more important though so thats good.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
What does Deceptive allow him to do, again? I can't remember. Also, does it cost meter to freeze a force ball in place? I thought it did, but if not, holy shit!!!

Something else that's interesting is that the start up animation for his dash and run looked the same. Could make opponents hesitant to let off block mid screen, letting you run up on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.