What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Post Patch 6/23/15

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'll lab it some more later. Can you implement it in more damaging BnBs?
I don't know... I could never hit the njp in that 34 combo you posted so I left that out. And I'm thinking the reason it works is b/c of how high they fly through the air before hitting the ground... gives the -7 time to evaporate basically.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Thats always been my issue, combos have to be cut short for you to be able to safely have a setup but the opponent has so many options. I also don't like the fact that if they do the long laydown they avoid the puddle damage for its duration even though they are laying in it lol
But, if you only use it once... you could potentially get the initial combo and the wakeup punishment combo b/c they haven't seen it and don't know what to do. You wouldn't use it constantly or anything. lol

Plus... shit on the ground... it makes ppl subconsciously want to move. Could hang themselves.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
But, if you only use it once... you could potentially get the initial combo and the wakeup punishment combo b/c they haven't seen it and don't know what to do. You wouldn't use it constantly or anything. lol

Plus... shit on the ground... it makes ppl subconsciously want to move. Could hang themselves.
I'm definitely going to try to implement this into my corner game and see what results it brings.

Xev

Noob
The combo you're doing it with definitely won't make it punishable since you're ending it as early as you are, just the downside that you're losing the guaranteed damage. It's just punishable if you're doing a normal bnb and hoping to end it with f412 into ex spit. If we can find a way to end a damaging bnb into ex spit though that would be fantastic (while not being punishable that is.)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The combo you're doing it with definitely won't make it punishable since you're ending it as early as you are, just the downside that you're losing the guaranteed damage. It's just punishable if you're doing a normal bnb and hoping to end it with f412 into ex spit. If we can find a way to end a damaging bnb into ex spit though that would be fantastic (while not being punishable that is.)
The tradeoff is fair

because you're essentially trying to setup a more damaging set of combo's, as opposed to guaranteed damage.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
And that's what you guys are for. I'm no tech master. lol

Thats always been my issue, combos have to be cut short for you to be able to safely have a setup but the opponent has so many options. I also don't like the fact that if they do the long laydown they avoid the puddle damage for its duration even though they are laying in it lol
If they lay down in it, could you d3 them? Or do a late njk and force a stand up? There's big push back on a blocked njk so maybe a f21 could be a proper follow up?
I'm just spit balling here mostly lol. Still can't test anything.

Israel

Noob
Im very happy to hearr (read) that reptile has that combo ability, with noxious. Which makes...an acutal USE for 1 on his variations =D they may update that for the other 2 in the future! woot! Dem changes...
However, just earning another combo ability doesnt completly make him, The Man.. but its a start i guess.
(im more happy to hear this than any of his other changes)

so right now, just 34 is the only confirmable combo to go into it? and i think what dribruit getting it is as far as using it as pressure wise.. No i wouldnt suggest it, thats what the other stuff is for, but if ur punishing a big move or know u connected a jump punch then yea. We're just happy to see that its possible is all. it's all gravy

Zaccel

Noob
I'm very impressed with 34xxBootySweat combos. The one-meter damage is great. Still not sure about Reptile's meter building, but we can't have everything.

Anyone tried something like 34xxEX AxeBodySpray™ into a throw? It does ~32%, so that might be a decent option if they're sitting on a breaker. Dead simple, too.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You look at the game in a very shallow, mechanic way. You're not taking into account the multiple levels at which the game is played. The game is not "rush in do a 50/50". Aj explained some stuff very well a couple of posts ago.
Lol I'm sorry but I completely disagree. This game is very much just rush down 50/50. Just look ad sonic play.. Do you think he ever bothers with plus 1 strings. No.. He just goes straight into the 50/50 everysingle time. And when he knocks someone down do you think be bothers with a plus 1 string?
No, at most he will do 1 d3 to adjust the timing of whether the opponent will wake up, but he will always go into the 50/50.

I'm sorry but this game is pretty simple and completely revolves around 50/50s and not much else outside of some other strong footsie tools

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Lol I'm sorry but I completely disagree. This game is very much just rush down 50/50. Just look ad sonic play.. Do you think he ever bothers with plus 1 strings. No.. He just goes straight into the 50/50 everysingle time. And when he knocks someone down do you think be bothers with a plus 1 string?
No, at most he will do 1 d3 to adjust the timing of whether the opponent will wake up, but he will always go into the 50/50.

I'm sorry but this game is pretty simple and completely revolves around 50/50s and not much else outside of some other strong footsie tools
That's like absolutely not true at all lawl, Sanicfax plays a very heavy footsie game. If you really think that way then I'm sorry but you'll never be a great player.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
That's like absolutely not true at all lawl, Sanicfax plays a very heavy footsie game. If you really think that way then I'm sorry but you'll never be a great player.
Never said he doesn't play a strong footsies game but he will always whenever possible go for the 50/50 and that's a fact

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

This post just further shows your complete ignorance. If you actually watch Sonic play he rarely ever uses the 50/50 anymore because 21122 command grab shenanigans are way better than it. If Sonic abuses anything it is 21122 command grab.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
This post just further shows your complete ignorance. If you actually watch Sonic play he rarely ever uses the 50/50 anymore because 21122 command grab shenanigans are way better than it. If Sonic abuses anything it is 21122 command grab.
That just shows your ignorance because that's exactly what 21122 is! Smh.. You do realize that in fighting games not all 50/50s are just overhead low right ?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

@Protagonist_1

It is time.