What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Patch Changes (10/4/16) Discussion Thread

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Reptile keeping his fast, plus overhead, is kinda crazy. He might come out ahead tbh.

That Syzoth guy is among the "must ignore" members on TYM. He once argued that Reptile has 0 winning match ups.
What's hilarious is I said you can make a case for him winning 0 matchups. Then I went on to say he lost only 7/8. People agreed with me. You make it sound like I said every matchup is a losing matchup. Once again you clearly disagree but you add nothing to the conversation, make no contributions, no points, and don't discuss which is why YOU are one of the people on testyourmight.com that I ignore.

You post very rarely in the Reptile forums which makes sense because you don't appear to play him, meanwhile he is not only my main but I've played against the majority of other Reptiles in our community as well as playing him since day one. For some reason though you dismiss things I say as if they were without merit. You can always ask me why and I can explain myself. I don't waste time with slander.

Your ignore list that you talk about so often seems like something you belong on. Back in the misguided casuals thread where you actually explained things and why you thought/felt one way you said " When the substance of your post is "you so dumb", "that's hilarious", "that's the dumbest thing someone could say", what was the point in making the post? Your agenda is so bad that you can't even get real points behind it."

This is the case here. You clearly think my posts are dumb but you can't explain why or make any points..

For the record I feel differently now than I did then. There were a few matchups that I definitely think was 6-4 Reptiles favor. With the new patch I will have to reevaluate the matchups and see if it's still that way. On the other thread that were discussing the Reptile changes @THTB explained his reasoning and has convinced me this may still be a nerf but the changes in mechanics benefit us and we wind up more neutral than I had thought.

Syzoth

I haven't had time to lab anything I'm on lunch at work but when I do get the chance i'll let you know if I can find some tech or changes that weren't announced.

Last edited:

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Acid Puddle still isn't worth a damn!
Ground Special moves are immune to it.
I was thinking otherwise. Oh, well.

I tested today after work the patch.For know I discovered like 30 new combos.Max damage in game I found is 64% three bars and impraticable is 74%.X-ray praticabla is 70% impraticable is 72%.Max for one bar Is 54% in corner for now.If I have to give a sum reptile now is all zooning and pressure and required more brain...for me...I remember when I was under frames or in AA situation I always used Ex claw...living without it is hard but there are new setups really cool...also unbreakable.Spit is cool now.Last thing I didn't try the exspit.Maybe tomorrow I will post something if my work let me do.Whatever will happened I will always loyal to my Syzoth.Peace

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Spit change is mad noticeable. Holy shit.

d2 is more consistent. Yesssss.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Lol nrs did great with the patch but at the same time fucked up badly. The new d2 aa are not nearly good enough still to contest some of the games jump ins. This game is going to turn into a jumping bean fest. Watch.. Already the games I have played we both have had to resort to that

THTB

Lol nrs did great with the patch but at the same time fucked up badly. The new d2 aa are not nearly good enough still to contest some of the games jump ins. This game is going to turn into a jumping bean fest. Watch.. Already the games I have played we both have had to resort to that
Yeah Reptile's AA game isn't super good, but I think we'll manage. Slide is fairly consistent as one, and d2 done early enough works as well as it used to.

Israel

Noob
Well i wouldnt make b3 into spit too much of a thing..it only takes once to get that blocked lol (but who knows i may abuse it w/o noticing)

So d2's are more consistent huh... you see, this is where his mk9 backwalk speed comes in handy (if his is still better than the rest?). I can for see a ton of jumping..i dont too much care about combo damage increase cuz im only playing noxious anyway. So really in my eyes, hes just the same character, its just a universal change that happened.

but again thats just me.

Syzoth

So first impressions after 2 hours playing online and in the lab with our modified Reptile has swayed me back towards nerf but it's not all bad. The 6 frames off of spit has made it a projectile worth hesitation. It's much easier to catch peoples feet and throw them back into my acidball. I also think the spit corner combos are kind of fun, though they don't actually provide anything different.

My connection seems oddly stiff and Idk if its because of my roommates being on the internet or I was just up against some laggier than usual opponents. This combined with my desire to pounce after specific setups or conditions has led to plenty of questional bars spent. Still hate the pounce change though seeing how many people lost their armor it makes sense.

I have been unable to pull off our corner combos off of ex slide.. I had a few setups/gimmicks using this slide that I can't pull off whatsoever but once or twice I did land the d3 from the raw so it may be possible to convert off of it but it's not practical at this point. Maybe my muscle memory has screwed me here or maybe thats just part of the Reptile nerfs and 3 frames off of our slide was to prevent this.

Our d2 change has significantly changed the timing of some of my BnBs and swag combos but they are all still possible, just timed differently. One of them is actually easier I just gotta relearn it till it's consistent 19/20.

Sad to lose alot of tech and a few setups. Trying to find some new capabilities but haven't found anything better. I do like the stamina change with getting hit draining stamina, it has made dash more formidable as @THTB predicted.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Welp rip reptile. Love getting boots/staffs/frozen arms/ tarkatan blades/etc to my face while I hopelessly try to d2 them.. Smh

THTB

I've had a good deal of fun with him. AA struggle is still real, but it ain't bumming me out because spit is that work. Took a second to get the ex claw out of muscle memory, and I like the pounce shift to a safe anti zone. Catching people out of run is insanely satisfying.

Syzoth is in a good spot imo. Just gonna take some really good play and some time to adjust.

Fun note, had FKjr try to ex stab with Predator through my spit. Had it been prepatch, that would have been game, but I blocked it. Threw me off majorly.