What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile is Perfect.

Kalaise

Noob
I've taken a long break from TYM and I decided to look over my main character thread and lots of people asking for buffs. I went to my first local and went undefeated with reptile(deceptive) im aware im not playing against top players but reptile is an amazing character with under appreciated strengths. While ending a combo with EX Invs you hit the enemy with 2 1. Most of the time they will assume you've stopped hitting them and release block button and try to retaliate, they have no idea you've staggered your 2 1 in which you have total advantage and they eat a full 31% combo. That's just 1 example of how scary reptile can be! Please stop begging for buffs and utilize many strengths reptile has, just my 2 cents.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
no. he has issues. Like every character in the game, he can win tournaments. It's just not as easy as winning them with virtually anyone else.

His forceballs have too much start up frames.
His meterless damage is sub-par.
His pressure isn't that great.

Reptile is a mid tier character and some of his moves are currently useless (DB4) in my opinion he deserves some minor buffs.

Even if he wasn't my main, the Reptile subforum would be the most interesting one right now. Like someone else said, Round 2.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
You're going to need to provide more evidence than one extremely specific situation in one variation to claim he is perfect.

I suggest you actually play Mkx with good players and against characters like Erron, Sonya, Scorpion, Subzero GM, and come back here afterwards to revise your oppinion.

He's not garbage but he's got a loooooooooooooooong way 'till perfect.
He had a long set with PerfectLegend.