What's new

Tech - Reptile Reptile f3 Option Select Hit Confirm

Use b3, you have 2 less start up frame and 0 on block. Better range. All the same options ;)
Did not know that, that is very interesting. But this video was just meant to show that you can do stuff like this because I doubt that it is possible to normally hit confirm these and reptile has no safe special. I think that both moves will end up being viable low combo starters. But yeah, b3 seems like a really good option.

Last edited:
Quick Post showing that it done with acid spit. Although this is pretty easy so far I find slow forceball the easiest special to input.

Not sure if EX Forceball is the best launcher though. If anyone has some combos off this starter let me know!

I haven't been able to preform this once. Do you have any tips?
Are you on Pad or Stick? And what specials have you tried after the fast forceball?

First do it with regular fast forceball (which is still good to practice since it will combo in slowdown) then once you get that down try EX fast forceball. I'd recommend inputting slow forceball or dd3 as the second special. To start hold forward and walk up to them, then all in one motion, press 3 then input df3 bf3. Or alternatively, all in motion again after the first 3, input df3 d3d3 or df3 dd3. Before you record the ai, try it against the dummy and make sure the fast forceball is coming out. After you successfully done that record yourself and test both options. Then try it with EX fast forceball. I hope this helps.

Redk9

Noob
I'm using a pad. I did the first method with perfect inputs, and as fast as possible. Forceball/EX forceball would come out regardless if they blocked or not. The second method led to my dd3 motion coming out wether they blocked or not. I don't know if im understanding this option select properly. I can preform nearly everything perfectly, but I can't get this to work once. I've copied the exact inputs in your video as well

I'm using a pad. I did the first method with perfect inputs, and as fast as possible. Forceball/EX forceball would come out regardless if they blocked or not. The second method led to my dd3 motion coming out wether they blocked or not. I don't know if im understanding this option select properly. I can preform nearly everything perfectly, but I can't get this to work once. I've copied the exact inputs in your video as well
The trick is to take advantage of the different blockstun and hitstun cancel timings. If dd3 is coming out on hit after a f3 I think you are might be entering your dd3 to quickly or missing you forceball input. Just tried it quickly with dd3 and got it 5 times in a row. Try this, do f3xxforceball on hit and just as the forceball is coming out enter dd3. Then try recording it again. Let me know how it goes.

Edit: Disregard this.

Last edited:

Redk9

Noob
The trick is to take advantage of the different blockstun and hitstun cancel timings. If dd3 is coming out on hit after a f3 I think you are might be entering your dd3 to quickly or missing you forceball input. Just tried it quickly with dd3 and got it 5 times in a row. Try this, do f3xxforceball on hit and just as the forceball is coming out enter dd3. Then try recording it again. Let me know how it goes.
This is rough. I've been practicing for a while now. I either do it too fast or too slow. The forceball either comes out regardless, or the dd3 motion cancels out the forceball. But if you've been able to do it consistently it must be reliable. I put it on record and reptile is doing ex forceball on hit, but dd3 on block. Can you explain what that must mean about my timing or inputs?

This is rough. I've been practicing for a while now. I either do it too fast or too slow. The forceball either comes out regardless, or the dd3 motion cancels out the forceball. But if you've been able to do it consistently it must be reliable. I put it on record and reptile is doing ex forceball on hit, but dd3 on block. Can you explain what that must mean about my timing or inputs?
Yeah it is definitely reliable, Here's a quick vid of me doing it 5 times in a row. Keep trying at it.

Edit: nvm, watch this. Sounds like you have it with the dd3 input but you don't actually have to input the 3 as you are successfully wiping your inputs, but are wiping it with a another move (my mistake, sorry about that) instead of nothing.

Last edited:

Redk9

Noob
Yeah it is definitely reliable, Here's a quick vid of me doing it 5 times in a row. Keep trying at it.

Edit: nvm, watch this. Sounds like you have it with the dd3 input but you don't actually have to input the 3 as you are successfully wiping your inputs, but are wiping it with a another move (my mistake, sorry about that) instead of nothing.
Im actually doing it consistently now. Thank you I appreciate it. Im ready to use this in tournament

Landonio

n00b
I'm really confused on this. So this doesn't work if you cancel the Forceball into a direction, it HAS to be ANOTHER special attached to the same button as the Forceball (A in my case)? It doesn't have to be DD3? Because I can't get that one for the life of me.

I tested it canceling EX Forceball into EX Slow Forceball, and got something weird. On hit, the EX Forceball would combo. On block, the EX SLOW Forceball would come out instead. What does this even mean?

Also, which Forceball do we need to be using as the initial one? Slow or normal, EX or non?

Also, I'm using the Xbone d-pad so that's honestly probably making it more difficult than it should be *sigh*

Landonio

n00b
So I compared our inputs on the side of the screen, and I'm actually inputting mine faster than you (somehow), and it's still not working properly (EX Forceball is coming out fine, but on block it's still coming out). I can make a vid if you want. Maybe I'm inputting the specials TOO fast? I honestly have no clue. Either this doesn't work on the Xbone, or my game is glitched. I'm doing it as the AI and recording it, and then testing it by playing it back while blocking low on the P1 Reptile. Does it not work when you do it that way? I'm just really confused all around.

Last edited:
I'm really confused on this. So this doesn't work if you cancel the Forceball into a direction, it HAS to be ANOTHER special attached to the same button as the Forceball (A in my case)? It doesn't have to be DD3? Because I can't get that one for the life of me.

I tested it canceling EX Forceball into EX Slow Forceball, and got something weird. On hit, the EX Forceball would combo. On block, the EX SLOW Forceball would come out instead. What does this even mean?

Also, which Forceball do we need to be using as the initial one? Slow or normal, EX or non?

Also, I'm using the Xbone d-pad so that's honestly probably making it more difficult than it should be *sigh*
You are doing it right, I did not explain this correctly when I found this. First you input the special you want to cancel in to, Like EX Fast Forceball. So that is what you want to get on hit. Then you input the special you want to OS on block. You enter this second input between the lasr frame you cancel on hit and the last frame you cancel on block. This will get the special you want to come out on block. But if you want nothing to come out, you enter "garbage" as your second input and that will get you nothing on block. It's just that in my original video the dd3 was considered garbage because it only read the dd most likely. So that is why nothing came out In my other vid I was mashing d and 3 and it read that as garbage too. Hope this helps. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited

Last edited:

Landonio

n00b
You are doing it right, I did not explain this correctly when I found this. First you input the special you want to cancel in to, Like EX Fast Forceball. So that is what you want to get on hit. Then you input the special you want to OS on block. You enter this second input between the first frame you cancel on block and the last frame you cancel on block. This will get the special you want to come out on block. But if you want nothing to come out, you enter "garbage" as your second input and that will get you nothing on block. It's just that in my original video the dd3 was considered garbage because it only read the dd most likely. So that is why nothing came out In my other vid I was mashing d and 3 and it read that as garbage too. Hope this helps. Sorry for the confusion.
I see. So let me get this straight, I can cancel my special into anything, and on block nothing will come out, correct? Does this have to be a direction+any button, or can it be just a direction or just a button?

Also, I assume this will work with any move/string with any character that is special cancelable?

I see. So let me get this straight, I can cancel my special into anything, and on block nothing will come out, correct? Does this have to be a direction+any button, or can it be just a direction or just a button?

Also, I assume this will work with any move/string with any character that is special cancelable?
Yes, to get a special on hit and nothing on block, you cancel your normal/string (provided that it is special cancelable) into your special for hit and enter a directional input for nothing to come out on block. Just enter a directional input don't run the risk like I mistakenly did of maybe getting a special on block that you don't want. So don't enter a button after your dirctional input if you want nothing on block.

It should work provided that there are different cancel timings for the normal/string which should be all if not most moves/strings.

Landonio

n00b
Yes, to get a special on hit and nothing on block, you cancel your normal/string (provided that it is special cancelable) into your special for hit and enter a directional input for nothing to come out on block. Just enter a directional input don't run the risk like I mistakenly did of maybe getting a special on block that you don't want. So don't enter a button after your dirctional input if you want nothing on block.

It should work provided that there are different cancel timings for the normal/string which should be all if not most moves/strings.
This does not work on the Xbone version of the game and I refuse to believe otherwise until someone shows me definitive proof of it. I have been trying this for hours using every possible timing, every possible move, every possible cancel in the book. It doesn't matter how much garbage I press and how fast I press it, the Forceball still comes out on block no matter what. You simply can NOT cancel specials into nothing on block, at least with Reptile and at least on the Xbone version. I can cancel specials into other specials all day. I've experimented and gotten some weird stuff too. I've also noticed some random inputs that I don't even press from time to time showing up on the right when I play back a recording. It's odd.

I was actually able to do Sub-Zero's Ice Clone OS (the one utilizing 1+2+3), but even that one is a little finicky, as sometimes I'll still get Ice Clone anyway. But at least that one works. Canceling specials into nothing though? Not possible until I see some proof, with Reptile, on the Xbone version, with inputs on the side.

Yes, the frustration is real.

EDIT: Spit works, but not in the way you seem to be describing. I can cancel it no problem, but I still have to decide myself if I need to cancel it or not. I can't just throw in a random direction/button and hope the game chooses correctly for me based off of what the opponent was doing. It doesn't work that way. I can chose to make it NOT come out on hit, and also make it come out on block. So it's not REALLY an option select. At least not in the way that I originally understood option selects.

Also, the Kano OSs seem to work just fine. Actually hella easy, but you still have to decide to press the direction cancel or not. Just the Forceball related ones with Reptile don't. At all.

Last edited:

Redk9

Noob
IT is an option select. Trust me although it was hard to understand the game does the work for you with the proper inputs.

Landonio

n00b
IT is an option select. Trust me although it was hard to understand the game does the work for you with the proper inputs.
Then what are the proper inputs? If you're playing on the Xbone version I'd like to see a vid of you doing it successfully. I literally can NOT do it any faster. It doesn't work with Forceball. It DOES work with spit, but the cancel is on you, not the game.