What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile execution (Poll inside)

Are Reptile Combos too hard??

• yes

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • no

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • you´re just a noob

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
What do you guys think of reptile execution overall? Imo combos are too hard, when you compare them to other fighters (atleast those i played). I´ve several problems with reptile combos coming out and i actually main him since day 1.

I never use the most damaging combos, because i drop them 90% anyways.

Are Reptile best combos too hard to execute or am i just a noob ?

Examples :
34 gas [combo]
double slide combos ( haven´t tried them yet, but i guess they´re hard)
double forceball combo where you accidentally switch sides (a big problem if you´re invisible) - sometimes you switch sides, sometimes you don´t
ex slide combos ( not hard for me, but i couldn´t use them online yet)

Example (deceptive) :

I can do f412 njp 21 f412 slide | repdash (+reset) pretty consistantly

hitting the njp getting better every day. I still do the combo a lot without the njp, because i started playing deceptive.
Main problem about deceptive is : "Hey bro, you´re invis :DOGE."

How do you time the njp if you´re invisible?

Last edited:

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
the njp is very inconsistent compared to mk9 imo. not impossible but i am having a much harder time getting it to hit with just a single press of the button. i cant even plink 1 & 2 to get it to connect like in mk9. but, like you, im getting closer and closer each day, so while i definitely agree they are more difficult than the norm i dont believe they are too difficult.

JDM

Noob
His combos are hard but fulfilling, probably a big reason he's not popular is he's difficult, and invisibility just amps up his difficulty that much more. I like it.

He's not online friendly though, at all. I don't even use him online anymore. His F4xxEX Slide corner combos are so fucking hard lol. But like I said he's fufilling, you don't need to go for the super optimal stuff all the time, and if you do that means you're great with reptile.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
the njp is very inconsistent compared to mk9 imo. not impossible but i am having a much harder time getting it to hit with just a single press of the button. i cant even plink 1 & 2 to get it to connect like in mk9. but, like you, im getting closer and closer each day, so while i definitely agree they are more difficult than the norm i dont believe they are too difficult.
well it´s not like im talking about the njp only

34 gas [combo]
double slide combos ( haven´t tried them yet, but i guess they´re hard)
double forceball combo where you accidentally switch sides (a big problem if you´re invisible) - sometimes you switch sides, sometimes you don´t
ex slide combos ( not hard for me, but i couldn´t use them online yet)

Last edited:

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
His combos are hard but fulfilling, probably a big reason he's not popular is he's difficult, and invisibility just amps up his difficulty that much more. I like it.

He's not online friendly though, at all. I don't even use him online anymore. His F4xxEX Slide corner combos are so fucking hard lol. But like I said he's fufilling, you don't need to go for the super optimal stuff all the time, and if you do that means you're great with reptile.
I agree with almost everything. I don´t have problems playing him online though ^^

i´d go for [starter] ex invis 34 ffb sfb f41 f412 slide combo , but they´re taking too long. So your invis runs out as soon as you finish the combo. That´s the reason you´re forced to do f412 njp 21 f412 slide.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I don't think they're that hard, might be a little tricky. But all you have to get down is the timing, it's not like some of the RC combos like Commando Kano's.

BRB Ex ball cancel perfectly.
BRB RC perfectly.
BRB Instant NJP perfectly.

Or some of the FBRC + mulitple IAFBs that DF Liu Kang has to do. Noooooooooooooo thank you, I'd take Reptile's shit over that any day.

infamy23

FireBeard
That´s the reason you´re forced to do f412 njp 21 f412 slide.
Can you elaborate on this combo? I don't know anything about Reptile, but I wanted to get an idea of what you're talking about so I tried to do that combo and it's straight up impossible from what I can see.

Do you mean f412 EXdd3 njp?

And is this corner only?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Can you elaborate on this combo? I don't know anything about Reptile, but I wanted to get an idea of what you're talking about so I tried to do that combo and it's straight up impossible from what I can see.

Do you mean f412 EXdd3 njp?

And is this corner only?
He means F412 dash NJP.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I find alot of the time that even my 21 after the 412 dash whiffs alot so I will never even attempt that njp. I also find that the double slides are massively down to timing, you get that shit wrong & you've just wasted a bar.

I get what you're saying about execution, you look at what we have to go through with Reptile to get a 35% combo & then you look at Full auto Jacqui, MoS Ermac & Cryo Sub & what they have to do to get 40%+, its a joke.

I think the more damaging the combo, the harder it should be to execute.

llabslb

R1D1_998
His NJP combos and noxious gas combos are inconsistent but I wouldn't say the inconsistency hurts him.

JDM

Noob
Just do F412 Dash 21 F412 slide. You get almost as much damage (3 percent less?) and its faster for ur invisibility It's not worth doing the NJP combo. If I'm bored I'll go for it though lol

Xev

Noob
I've never had a problem doing 34 noxious combo's personally, though I don't even bother with the njp after f412 rep dash.

Israel

Noob
question guys, i've been looking for vid's or the references about whole double slide thing. I checked the forums but i cant find any references and not having any luck. Someone care to list the inputs for the combos or anyone have vid's on it .... I jus would like to see how it looks.

TamedLizard

Buff George
The extra D3xxSlide combo ender is probably the most difficult for me.

The NJP is usually not a problem for me...offline that is. Online however I just go straight into 21 F412.

And the extra F412 Slide after an EX Slide ender is about 50/50. If I feel like I might not make it, I'll just cancel into Slide early after F41 to make sure I didn't just waste a bar lol.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I think Reptiles combos have incredibly awkward timings---- which makes them difficult in terms of consistency: he's no where near as difficult as Ferra/Torr though, and I'm grateful his combos aren't maxed out at 33% like Unbreakable.

I'll take the relative difficulty as long as I'm rewarded, and Reptile is very fun and rewarding to play

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Only one I don't feel I can consistently get is the d3 slide stuff. The NJP isn't too bad when you start plinking. The d3 slide is hard cuz of the height placement on top of timing. I don't bother with it just because of that. Not worth going crazy over 2% for that.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
offline i can pretty much do everything i posted in my videos most of the time. For some reason its easier for me to get the d3 slide in match than it is in training mode. The work needed to execute his combos is what makes the character fun for me.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Could do his MK9 njp combos 95% of the time.

MKX njp combos I've hit probably twice. lol
Every time I think about trying it, I enter practice and execute it over and over and over until I'm able to do it consistently.

Then, once I hop online, it all goes out the window and I just resume my standard game plan lol.