What's new

Reptile combos off of D1 (anti-air)?

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I remember a thread about Reptile anti-air options but I don't really see people using them and the thread kind of died. Some characters have pretty nice combos off of D1 anti-air and watching CD Jr really take advantage of that made me look at what Reptile can do in terms of D1 anti-air. I figured charging an enhanced forceball is one of the better options, but it does take up meter and characters like Kung Lao can dive over it which burns meter for no reason.

I was incredibly bored so I just decided to test out D1 options and recorded them. The sound is not in synch with the video >_> so the smashing of buttons comes out like 1 second or two after what happens on screen. I don't think anything I did was really new, but I might as well post them and maybe get some discussion on here about more D1 options.

In the first vid I do D1, enhanced forceball, 32, forceball, 321, slide

In the second I do D1, dash, 32, forceball, 321, slide

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I like the d1 into 32, I'm gonna see if I can pull it off consistently. I think cancelling into EX forceball works better with his d4 though (in my experience anyway).

good shit man.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
D4 into forceball for antiair? Never tried that before.

Also when doing D1, 32 antiair, you have to be really close to them and I think you also have to dash after the D1 (or at least that's what I'm doing). The timing isn't too hard.