What's new

Question - Kenshi Removing Kenshi's amored moves, helps on the character balance ?!

Is this possible ?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • There is no hope anymore...

Votes: 24 53.3%

• Total voters

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
So yeah... both, Summoner Quan and Pew Pew Pew Predator, have some really shitty armored moves, but on the other hand, godlike zoning tools... could Kenshi receive the same treatment ????

Remove the armor from Rising Karma and Spirit Charge, but then, make Tele Flurry and the Overhead Slash safer, and faster... is this possible ?!

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Um, this isn't how it works man.... in terms of what zoning actually sets out to do, Warlock may actually be better than Sorcerer (I overall still think Sorcerer is better because of the whole different pile of shit it is up close) and yet they had no qualms giving it the armored Scoop.

Heck Scorpion's armor factoring in all three variations might be the worst in the game, is it because of the Ninjutsu zoning? :DOGE

Edit: also why do people act like the start-up on ALL of Kenshi's specials in this game were pulled from the Baywatch intro, the flurry and OH slash are actually FASTER then they were in MK9 lol. Not that I really think it matters as to what Kenshi entertains in the MKX neutral/meta, but the more you know.

Last edited:

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Edit: also why do people act like the start-up on ALL of Kenshi's specials in this game were pulled from the Baywatch intro, the flurry and OH slash are actually FASTER then they were in MK9 lol. Not that I really think it matters as to what Kenshi entertains in the MKX neutral/meta, but the more you know.
This shit just killed me

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
So yeah... both, Summoner Quan and Pew Pew Pew Predator, have some really shitty armored moves, but on the other hand, godlike zoning tools... could Kenshi receive the same treatment ????

Remove the armor from Rising Karma and Spirit Charge, but then, make Tele Flurry and the Overhead Slash safer, and faster... is this possible ?!
Character is Fine , people who play him and QQ here are not.

Diego de Souza Costa

Um, this isn't how it works man.... in terms of what zoning actually sets out to do, Warlock may actually be better than Sorcerer (I overall still think Sorcerer is better because of the whole different pile of shit it is up close) and yet they had no qualms giving it the armored Scoop.

Heck Scorpion's armor factoring in all three variations might be the worst in the game, is it because of the Ninjutsu zoning? :DOGE

i mean... when i hit someone with the OH slash... i'm -3.... how fucking broken is this ?!..... lel

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.

While you bring up a good point, Kenshi still has some pretty stupid stuff that goes on with his specials that hurts him overall. Speaking from Kenjutsu experience EX Spinning Blade doesn't recapture and is very fickle when it comes to whether you're going to being able to combo off it or if you just blew a bar for 8%. Meanwhile Rising Karma and the Ex has Kenshi taking about twenty steps too far before going up with the blade. It's basically the Charlie Brown and the football of anti airs.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
While you bring up a good point, Kenshi still has some pretty stupid stuff that goes on with his specials that hurts him overall. Speaking from Kenjutsu experience EX Spinning Blade doesn't recapture and is very fickle when it comes to whether your going to being able to combo off it or if you just blew a bar for 8%. Meanwhile Rising Karma and the Ex has Kenshi taking about twenty steps too far before going up with the blade. It's basically the Charlie Brown and the football of anti airs.
Wouldn't it be better if they just took the armor off EX spinning blade and made it neutral on block instead as a safe option for Kenjutsu's mixups? EX DB4 (IDK the name of it in Kenjutsu) or EX DB1 always seemed like the more economic AA options anyway.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Wouldn't it be better if they just took the armor off EX spinning blade and made it neutral on block instead as a safe option for Kenjutsu's mixups? EX DB4 (IDK the name of it in Kenjutsu) or EX DB1 always seemed like the more economic AA options anyway.
That would be the logical thing to do, but NRS hitboxes make it so neither of those moves AA.

Ex db1 has more movement than a forward dash so it just means that the jump in whiff punishes Kenshi. Exdb4 is too slow and misses people whore are too high in the air, so if you read a few frames too early Kenshi is a sitting duck for that jump in. Exdf1 actually hits people who are jumping at you, has a million active frames, it just doesn't guarantee a combo. I don't know that it should, but Kenshi seems designed for aa combos in this game.

Diego de Souza Costa

because if its one thing people are okay with in MKX, its Quan Chi.
there u go... that's the answer i was looking for.... everybody likes Quan, so, give Kenshi what Quan has (godlike zoning), and everybody will be happy, it's a win win situation for the community....

:DOGE

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Kenshi's style is to frustrate the opponent and use armor to get his opponent away. Taking that away is saying the character shouldn't even be able to meterburn.

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
Kenshi has too many bad (HORRIBLE) strings to play without armored moves. I don't think that's the solution.

On the bright side, if he's ever buffed into a decent character, he could be a counterpick to the recently showcased Demolition Sonya (on any variation BF2 trade with grenade, reload punish with BF3 so she can't reload in neutral, works on wakeup after the push-grenade trade if she tries to reload after that).

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

I voted yes, even though NRS is known for leaving low tier to rot. We can only hope that they will change that pattern this time around.
Frankly, I like Evil Kenshi whatever that variation's name is. It looks original. (im)Balanced needs to be seriously helpless upclose or that zoning will be retarded. The swordsman type seems the most reasonable to me. I'd make his telekinesis function like Quan's trance tbh.