What's new

Regarding New GGPO MKX Netcode: Bold Statements from Top Players

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Aha! That's what's up. Always nice to see someone from the city around.
lol yes it is. My favorite Popeyes was on Bethel Rd when I use to live there. It was like 2 mins down the street. Late night snacks it was my go to place. But it's no longer Popeyes now. No other ones compared to that one.

I've only had time to play a couple different matches. But my experience was 100% positive.

I've never played MK online where it felt like there was zero input lag... until now.

It was great.. Well, aside from having to play a character I didn't know against A-List mains. haha.

Also with my limited experience, people in the beta tend to know what they're doing. only played two people, but both of them were not scrubs.

Rather, no amount of godlike netcode can fix a terrible connection BETWEEN THE TWO PEOPLE.

Stop blaming everyone else, people. Jesus Christ. While it CAN be their fault, it's not always their fault. Not all connections are going to play nice with one another. It's just the nature of the Internet.
And I was convinced nobody in the FGC understood how P2P connections worked... Give this man a award

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I too have been playing it, and it feels amazing(the beta) it just goes to show that NRS really can do anything when they put their mind to it. I actually support the less or no traveling aspect, for people less financially forturnate but enjoy getting involved but can't dish out money traveling all over the place, next step needs to be an online league officially monitored where you just have to have high speed net access, account, register etc and play a set schedule like sports but online. I bet online tourneys will get hotter now and once triborg hits I'll definitely get into MK like MK 9 and all previous ones alot more.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Old MKX Netcode: a wheelchair bound man competing in the 100 yard dash at the Olympics.

Beta MKX Netcode: Lebron James competing at a high school basketball tournament.

The new netcode experience for me has been good for two reasons:

Nothing to blame my losses on, 90% of games.
Good competition to play against.

The only issue I might have in the future is the lack of an online ranking that means anything on MKX. But, I am satisfied that bad players will be punished properly when this finally rolls out.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I just got my beta Kode!!! Booyah! Im so happy I had to park my car and run back in the house. Road trip on standby.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I want to give a code to someone like it was thankfully given to me. I got the beta code yesterday and as you know it, I just got the email from NRS that I got my beta code. If someone doesn't have a code, pm and let me know. It's for PS4.

E

Eldriken

I want to give a code to someone like it was thankfully given to me. I got the beta code yesterday and as you know it, I just got the email from NRS that I got my beta code. If someone doesn't have a code, pm and let me know. It's for PS4.
I know that @EMPEROR PRYCE has been DESPERATELY looking for one. Would you mind saving it for him to see if he still needs one after seeing this tag?