What's new

Real Kano Players where are you?

Mgt2

Noob
Do not let other users kill Kano board at all. T_T... Come on keep it rolling. we were doing so great.. where are you?

DCT

Noob
Well the Kano board is so dry lately so I was wondering wth is going on... >.<
I don't know, I know I hadn't really added anything outside of what Paulo said on his twitter about upball and knife getting tweaked in the post patch hotfix, because I really hadn't had much else to add, right now. But when I have something worth sharing I share it.

Mgt2

Noob
I don't know, I know I hadn't really added anything outside of what Paulo said on his twitter about upball and knife getting tweaked in the post patch hotfix, because I really hadn't had much else to add, right now. But when I have something worth sharing I share it.
wait Knifes? why is that getting tweaked?

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
wait Knifes? why is that getting tweaked?
Don't know why they would tweak it but what seems possible at the very least it probably get its damage reduced to like 8% or 7% to be more consistent with everyone elses projectile damage.

Xstatic

Noob
I used Kano exclusively until they made him braindead. Since then, I have played with others. I will be coming back to Kano after the hotfix. I know it's silly not to play a character because of buffs, but I'm coming from SSF4 and Marvel 3, so I have been trying to learn the game. I didn't want Kano's exploits to give me bad habits. On the bright side, I have been putting tons of time into Quan Chi, so I have a new sub and many new techniques that will only help my Kano play. :)

I mostly posted on SRK, but that place is pretty dead. You'll be seeing a lot of me later.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Cool man, I'm gonna try to learn Skarlet tomorrow and run here down; maybe make her my new sub she looks very interesting. Rain though will be my main when he comes out. But ya just started to get into a scene so I'm training hard with my Kano now just want to know if the hotfix is up it should be up before skarlet I think I saw something on the twitter feed but idk

Kano player here before and after buff, and after the nerf I'll continue to main him. Kind of put Ermac on the back burner. Anyway today is the first I've heard of a knife nerf?

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
Hey kano player since day one here. Pureist so i stick with my character till he's like unplayable. But yea i love kano reguardless if he's braindead he's still very fun to use and he works to my play style having a good projectile to maintain pressure from a safe distance. He plays like guile and thats all i need him to do.

They better not nerf his knifes cuz thats a load of BS and fucks up my playstyle entirely >.<

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I've played him since day one as well. Left him on the back burner for a while because I was exhausted by all the whining. He's going to be my back up at ECT. If someone really whips my ass with Smoke, then I'll bust out Kano.

-YMK-

Noob
played kano since day 1, hell be my main, but hes too solid for me, and a bit boring to play, so besides practicing the same 3 combos over and over again, ive been learning a bit with everyone else, it helps me get a little better, as I have no one to play with.

:(

Kweli

Noob
Im a new Kano player.... I always hated him and thought he was a weird guy...
Started playing around with some new guys and found that I really liked him.... the more i played him, the more i realized that he is perfect for my playstyle...

I really enjoy messing with people on their wakeups.... I can do alot of damage when they are getting up, unfortunately.. most of his moves put them pretty far from me.

Hes pretty bad ass

Xstatic

Noob
So, I'm going to leave my whining of the knife nerf in the other thread and instead list the good things I still like about Kano:
1 - Airball is a great anti-zoning tool against most zoners (except those with air fireballs)
2 - b112 is a great string; + on block, hit confirms into a juggle combo, and has great priority
3 - b1 by itself is good for tick throws
4 - jump kick to air throw is nice for those who like to d1/3/4 a cross-up; plus, he says "bitch" when he does the air-throw ;)
5 - d1 is 6 frames and is great for checking people
6 - upball has only 12 frames of recovery, which is pretty good
7 - knife does 9% damage and has a cool sound effect :)
8 - choke and upball are great wake-up attacks
9 - X-Ray grab is awesome
10 - Kano's beard is still S-tier; something Kung Lao can't reproduce

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
My friend mains Kano. He'll succumb to my pressure game and eat damage until he has a full bar and throws out his xray the moment I make a mistake. When his lifebar is just about drained balls are everywhere. Don't think I've seen him do any combos yet.