What's new

Ranking system for fun+ Rank yourself

So I am kinda reminiscing about the NGF Rankings days. I decided to do a ranking system for fun. First of all I would like to say that this ranking system supports the best players in the longterm and not just what the flavour of the month is. This ranking system does not take away anyones accomplishments. If you think that you are better than Chris G for example and have the skill to place top 8 at majors or even win them, then your points should eventually be higher than Chris G's, it is that simple. I will not take away anyones accomplishments. If you think that Chris G only was good at the beginning of the game then you have no problem proving that you are better with the 3 years (at least) of competitive play that injustice has to offer.

Tournament Wins:

Evo: 1500 points

Mlg: 1000 points(esports majors)

Tfc, Nec, Final round, Ceo: 800 points(Big majors)

Winterbrawl, Scr, Kit, Ect, Ufgt: 600 points(majors)
Additional Rules: If the majority of the people agree that a particular major was a bit more stacked, then that major will get an additional 100 points on top of the standard 600 points.

Frosty Faustings, Youmacon, Vindication, Civil war, VXG, Summerjam: 300 points(regionals)
Additional Rules: If the majority of the people agree that a particular regional was a bit more stacked, then that regional will get an additional 100 points on top of the standard 300 points. 300+100 = 400 points

Stacked Locals: 100 points

Locals - GGA, The Break, WNF etc. : 50 points
Additional Rules: You can only get a total of 300 points from just winning locals. However you do get points for a local win if:
- People from outside the scene travel to your local
- You go to a local that is outside your own region

Tournament top 8's:

Evo: 700 points
Additional Rules; a top 3 placement is 800 points

Mlg: 500 points(esports majors)
Additional rules: A top 3 placement is 600 points

Tfc, Nec, Final round, Ceo: 400 points(Big majors)
Additional rules: A top 3 placement is 500 points

Winterbrawl, Scr, Kit, Ect, Ufgt: 300 points(majors)
Additional Rules:
- A top 3 placement grants you an additional 50 points
- If a particular major is a bit more stacked, ten a top 8 placement would get you an additional 50 points on top of the standard 300 points. For example a top 3 placement at a stacked major would get you 400 points( 300+50+50=400)

Frosty Faustings, Youmacon, Civil War, Vindication, VXG, Summerjam: 150 points(regionals)
Additional Rules:
- A top 3 placement grants you an additional 50 points
- If a particular regional is a bit more stacked, ten a top 8 placement would get you an additional 50 points on top of the standard 200 points. For example a top 3 placement at a stacked regional would get you 250 points( 150+50+50=250)

I did put some thought into this so I hope you guys like it. If I forgot some tournaments please let me know and I'll add them into the system. I would like to request the top players to list their accomplishments and I could calculate your points for you if you want or you could always do it yourself, without leaving out any accomplishments.

Also any input about the points system is welcome but keep it civil and don't come in and be like lol this system sucks.

@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA pimpimjim
@FOREVER KING
@MITDJT I'm sure you could help with denzells score too
@General M2Dave
@Tom Brady
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@EMPEROR_THEO
@SonicFox5000

Last edited:
Having attended no offline tournaments: 10th best Lex player in the world- purely by virtue of there being maybe only 8 others max.

The 9th spot is reserved for anyone who may pick up Lex in the future who would almost certainly be better than me anyway.

GGA Max

This system is not too bad. I pretty much agree with the weight of things. Counting locals is kind of iffy since not everyone would agree that like a GGA/break/scraps/bltb/wnf local isn't at the same weight as others. I'll do mine just for fun, even though it won't be too high.
KIT top 3: 350
FF top 3: 200
GGA locals: 300

Total: 850

I'm ass at this game
I'm not that great either, I've heard the only reason I win locals is because my character is top 3 or top 5 and I only play adv MU's and I'm an average player.

This system is not too bad. I pretty much agree with the weight of things. Counting locals is kind of iffy since not everyone would agree that like a GGA/break/scraps/bltb/wnf local isn't at the same weight as others. I'll do mine just for fun, even though it won't be too high.
KIT top 3: 350
FF top 3: 200
GGA locals: 300

Total: 850

I'm not that great either, I've heard the only reason I win locals is because my character is top 3 or top 5 and I only play adv MU's and I'm an average player.
Yeah locals shouldn't count too much but they do matter imo and it still is just 50 points people don't even travel that much to other regions just to play in a local anyway so it would never really get out of hand. I do think people should get points for winning a lot of locals and winning 6 locals(300points) already proves that you are pretty dominant in your own region, there is no use in proving the same things again and again.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
KIT win = 600
Youmacon win = 300
MLG top 8 = 500
TFC top 3 = 500
NEC top 8 = 400
CEO top 8 = 500
SCR top 3 = 350
UFGT9 top 8 = 300
UFGT10 top 3 = 350
Summer jam top 3 = 200

Grand Total = 4000

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Counting locals is very interesting. On one hand it's not fair to those who don't have a local. It can also lead to undue points if there's a weak local. The idea of capping the points might be the right compromise. That way it's something for those who are dominate local but you can't completely pad your points by winning weak locals. I like this.

As always choosing how you weigh each tournament would be controversial. Like I'd say CEO 2013 was super stacked and comparable to FR 2014 but CEO 2014 was not and UFGT 2013 and 2014 would both carry more weight. Civil War is too high. Do you count tournaments like Naptown Clutch as regionals or locals. You could argue about this all day.

I have about 2,850 points.

DJT should have about....: 2,400 points I believe (2 evo top 8s, 2nd at scr, and a WNF win and 2nd place at vindication and top 3 at a WNF)
I'd have 850 points based off my top 3 placing at Evo 2014 and a 2nd place at WNF #YEEAAAPPP
@ManOfManyActs

DJT should have about....: 2,400 points I believe (2 evo top 8s, 2nd at scr, and a WNF win and 2nd place at vindication and top 3 at a WNF)
I'd have 850 points based off my top 3 placing at Evo 2014 and a 2nd place at WNF #YEEAAAPPP
@ManOfManyActs
Lol you got yourself back into the game out of nowhere with that crazy performance at evo. Btw could you tell me more about vindication because I don't know anything about it, who were there?

Lol you got yourself back into the game out of nowhere with that crazy performance at evo. Btw could you tell me more about vindication because I don't know anything about it, who were there?
Thanks :) and it was a west coast regional. Vegas, Arizona, and socal players were in attendance. Had like 100 entrants. Players there were (me, DJT, tyrant, godspeed, mortyseinfield, slayer, etc. multiple west coast heads)

Counting locals is very interesting. On one hand it's not fair to those who don't have a local. It can also lead to undue points if there's a weak local. The idea of capping the points might be the right compromise. That way it's something for those who are dominate local but you can't completely pad your points by winning weak locals. I like this.

As always choosing how you weigh each tournament would be controversial. Like I'd say CEO 2013 was super stacked and comparable to FR 2014 but CEO 2014 was not and UFGT 2013 and 2014 would both carry more weight. Civil War is too high. Do you count tournaments like Naptown Clutch as regionals or locals. You could argue about this all day.

I have about 2,850 points.
I am not that familiar with naptown clutch, who were there and do they have it at a regular basis with the same people over and over? If so that would be a local imo. If it was a one time thing with good competition then I would count it as a regional. If Ceo 2013 was more stacked than Ceo 2014, I would add the rule of giving Ceo 2013 a 100 additional points. It shouldn't get more complicated than this and adding a 100 points seems like a good compensation to me.

What we could also do is weigh every tournament different each year, that is fine by me. I did put some thoughts into this ranking system but it really wasn't that hard to make. If everyone can provide me their own accomplishments then I can make an accurate ranklist.

So far the top 3 :

1. FK with 4000 points
2 16 Bit with 2850 points
3. Denzell with 2400 points

@FOREVER KING your accomplishments are crazy lol

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
What's the point of this when there is an SRK Ranking system already in place that covers more tournaments in a better way?

Thanks :) and it was a west coast regional. Vegas, Arizona, and socal players were in attendance. Had like 100 entrants. Players there were (me, DJT, tyrant, godspeed, mortyseinfield, slayer, etc. multiple west coast heads)
yeah that would count as a stacked regional

What's the point of this when there is an SRK Ranking system already in place that covers more tournaments in a better way?
Well, in case you didn't read the thread title it was for fun... Also I said that I would need the top players' input to make this system complete.

Future changes to the system:

- Vindication will be added as a stacked regional
- Civil war will be a stacked regional instead of a major

Keep up the feedback guys

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Naptown Clutch is an annual event. It's like the big annual version of Godlike Saturdays. It's in Indiana and Chicago goes. I guess I would call it a weaker regional. There's a lot of tournaments like that. They don't get much attention and are a bit more stacked than locals.