What's new

Strategy Range Check threat

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Well, i've been using this strategy for sometime now, and according to the amount of mindfuck i've been giving to others players around my country, i think i finnally understand it fully and take the entire potential it has to offer.

First off, for the unknown players, Skarlet does have a certain distance, where she is on control of the game, normally if both are playing footsies it become quite annoying to take a decision once she gets on the range, because everyting almost everyone does gets punishable by her tools within the range.

The Rage Check goes from the defaut distance (On the first round startup) to the F4 Range.

Within this distance, generally Skarlet can do anything, and most of the times her opponents can't do nothing, despites the tools they have, except for Kenshi and Ermac who have a great range control , and their moves hits on a better scale if we compare with Skarlet.

Basically withing the Range, Skarlet can AA, armor trough, zoning, Whiff punish, block string if they dash block inside the range, and she can slide as a safe option, in case the opponent decides to let her go first.

Anyway, letting Skarlet go first with slide can be a bad idea for them because it will resolve nothing, specially if she has meter, because she will still be in control with the slide mind games.

Why? simple.

a) Slide is -3 on block and the only thing they can do is poke, in order to bait Ex Dashes.
b) You want them to Poke first so you can counter poke and slide again so they will have to block again.
c) Any other move that is not poke, and last longer than 10 frames and has a large recovery frames than 15 will get armored.
d) If they decide to do nothing, Skarlet gets a meterless block string, or a 50/50 Fuzzy guard guess to put them on another block string
e) Cancel pokes or strings with armor may be a good thing, but they'll possibly waste a meter.

To remind that there is methods of fueling one bar on the meter with only 2 block strings.

Sunday or tomorrow, i'll upload another troll compilation where i will show more of this range working, and how some blockstrings leads into the range check set up imediatly.