What's new

General/Other Rain Kouncil

Do you like the idea of the Rain Kouncil?

• Total voters

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
On request from my boy Smarrgasm I am opening this thread for a potential gathering of Rain players. I know that we kinda had a podcast about the character during my DownFourCast show, courtesy of Smarr and BookBurning, but since I am opening councils for all requested characters it was only right that Rain get one. I happen to be fond of this character myself.

So, shall we get down to business? Put up your posts in this thread if you want to join in on a meeting that will promote the glory of the treacherous Prince of Edenia. Let's put down some basics, advanced tips and strategies, iconic playstyles from known Rain players, tournament player history, your thoughts on Rain's character forum, anything you can possibly think of so as to educate us wanna-bes about the ninja of water.

The usual requirements are to add me on Skype as "gamerblake90" and then work out a schedule amongst yourselves. I will be watching this thread for updates. Don't forget to tag any Rain players you have in mind...the more there are, the better.

CD jr Pig Of The Hut Enenra Bildslash A F0xy Grampa Rampage254

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
DUDE..................
And Rain isn't bad. C'mon...armored dash leading to full combo, Super Kick cancel pressure, ability to drain opponent's meter, high damage, and what appears to be a decent teleport (at least to me, I hardly ever see it getting punished). I do concede that his normals aren't particularly reliable and his zoning isn't impressive, but let's face it: with the obvious exception of Kabal, all characters have flaws, but it doesn't mean they can't be decent.

Plus uppercut combos = SWAG.

But meh. We'll see how the Rain Kouncil makes their judgment, they'll likely explain things I am unaware of.

*runs before he gets put on blast*

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
And Rain isn't bad. C'mon...armored dash leading to full combo, Super Kick cancel pressure, ability to drain opponent's meter, high damage, and what appears to be a decent teleport (at least to me, I hardly ever see it getting punished). I do concede that his normals aren't particularly reliable and his zoning isn't impressive, but let's face it: with the obvious exception of Kabal, all characters have flaws, but it doesn't mean they can't be decent.

But meh. We'll see how the Rain Kouncil makes their judgment, they'll likely explain things I am unaware of.

DUDE.................

DUDE...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Rains RH pressure is essentially the same as repeated F33B3s from Cage (check the spacing) with more damage potential for no meter. Thats some brutal gameplan in the corner.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
I'm like the idea of talking with all my Rain mains about Rain n shit. However if there are too many of us and some of us have to sit out I'm cool with that as well.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Its a good idea, but I dont get how there can be much discussion on him. All he is, is 4RH, lightning, anti airs and armour, everything else is a gimmick.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Its a good idea, but I dont get how there can be much discussion on him. All he is, is 4RH, lightning, anti airs and armour, everything else is a gimmick.
All us being able to talk to each other and exchange thoughts about our favorite ninja would pretty cool and productive. I think it'll be kinda fun