What's new

Rain General Discussion

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

Rain is officially back; and this time, he's been blessed with being on the base roster for the first time in ages. Redesigned to be a mage instead of a ninja, Rain utilizes a staff to manipulate water and storms for his attacks, strings, and specials.

Per a (currently unconfirmed) character bio leak elsewhere, he's noted as an Outworld mage.

From the minimal gameplay shown in the Lin Kuei trailer (2:07 - 2:25), we've seen:
  • One combo string wielding the staff to smash the opponent with water
  • Anti-air upward projectile
  • Tracking(?) water puddle that launches the opponent
  • Rain storm that calls down a bubble that explodes on contact for a launch
  • Water teleport into the air by the opponent (was amplified)

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
based on little what we saw - I love it.

Need definitely more material so I can update my avatar.

Also, glad to see fellow Rain fans on this forum. And I'm so fucking hype that he is FINALLY base roster and we can finally have our moment of cherish :)

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
wait, so now I should not title myself "Prince of Edenia" but.... "Outworld's High Mage"?

Nah, as cool as it sounds, I will stick to the tradition.

For now.

Gameplay wise he looks incredible. Like his teleport and rain bubble have never looked better.

Not really diggin the "mage" thing but I'm open to see where it goes. I kinda prefer him as a ultra arrogant half demi god. I also prefer a more ninja looking aesthetic with a darker shade of purple.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Gameplay wise he looks incredible. Like his teleport and rain bubble have never looked better.

Not really diggin the "mage" thing but I'm open to see where it goes. I kinda prefer him as a ultra arrogant half demi god. I also prefer a more ninja looking aesthetic with a darker shade of purple.
I share the same opinions, however I don't dislike the potential shown so far at all. I'm hoping he has the roundhouse kick somewhere :eek:

Okay nobody wants to say anything about GENERAL Shao Kahn? It could mean Onaga is back and rules Outworld. Oh, I missed Empress Si ndel. Well fuck me. Is she the main boss? Wtf is going on?

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Rain fans are lucky, he looks badass. Not like my white Skarlet haired main with the worst mask in the universe.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Awesome he's on the base roster.

I'm not really a fan of him being an Outworld underling, but I really like his visual design and the little gameplay we saw. I'm totally okay with Rain becoming a zoner as long as he keeps his iconic roundhouse kick!

SCMunnerlyn1

You should have respected my Authoritah!
Hype to have rain on base. Even though i don't play zoners at all. Worst case scenario i guess its time to start and have him as a pocket matchup pick.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Everyone's going in on the idea that he'll be a zoner, but we've seen all of.. five moves? He very well could be, but I think it's far too early to tell from the little we've seen. I'm more hoping he's in the MK11 Jade / GG Strive Testament big weapon midrange archetype: good but not excellent at all ranges with options to jump between them as needed in a matchup.

I'll still play him if he's a dedicated hardcore zoner. Just won't be near as excited about it if he is.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Yeah, I didnt feel a zoning vibe with him at all, maybe an anti-zoning with all those teleports and portal traps.

With the decision for him to use a staff I can't shake the feeling this is a scrapped idea for an Injustice character - it feels a little out of place imo.