What's new

Rain Changes & Implications

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Rain Changes Patch 1.0.4

-Added new Basic Attacks, Shipwrecker (F1) & Puddle Step (B3)
-Added new Kombo Attacks, Kraken Killer (F12) & Surface Breacher (B34)
-When It Rains... (211) first hit has 2 more frames of hit advantage
-Flood Gate (F2) has 7 more frames of hit advantage & recovers 2 frames slower on hit
-Undertow (F21) has 5 more frames of hit advantage, 5 less blockstun frames, & recovers 5 frames faster
-Waterwhirled (F213) starts up 5 frames faster
-Water Beam Charge can now be cancelled into some other Special Moves
-Water Beam Charge Cancel (BF1, ff) can now be done 5 frames faster & only be used once per Kombo
-Rain God (DDU) now has 4 more frames of start-up when done as a cancel during a combo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F1,2
i12 (-7/-6ob) Mid-Mid, gapless, more range than f2. No cancel on 2nd hit. +44 fullscreen knockdown on hit.

B3,4
i13 (-6/-13) Mid-High, gapless, more range than F1/F2. Does not enable jumpcancel, so you have to use grounded filler. No cancel on 2nd hit.

BF1(Hold)
Can be canceled into any special move besides itself and DB1. Can be canceled into FatalBlow but not kameo summon.

Dash Canceling
The following moves can be linked into more moves after dash canceling BF1. The number after (=) represents how many frames Rain has to dash and link. Keep in mind the pushback.
Note: Dashes can be canceled into normals immediately.

211 (third hit) = 14
F2 = 13
F2,1 = 19
B3 = 28
F3 = 13

If you wanna know if something is linkable with dash canceling simple math will reveal all.
Hint: I already did the math so you wont need to.
Take a moves cancelable advantage and subtract the 22 startup frames for bf1. That number is your window to dash and link.
Example F2,1 cancel adv is 41
41-22 = 19 frames to dash and link.

Go Tos:
F21 BF1 dc B3,4
B3 BF1 dc B3,4

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
New strings and cancel options seem awesome, can't wait to dive into this character. More excited about him than Ermac tbh.

CanoCano

Noob
Also wanted to add that in theory these are the safe dash cancel options on block (all with backdash cancel) using your formula, with the addition of block advantage (ex: F21 = 32-12-22 and S3 = 33+4-22)
  • S11 (+7 Maybe), S114 (+2 Maybe)
  • S2 (+8 HUGE Maybe)
  • B2 (0)
  • F21 (-3 or -5)
  • S3 (+15 MASSIVE Maybe)
  • F3 (+12 MASSIVE Maybe)
  • D4 (-3)
I'm using Kombat Akademy's frame data and thus not sure about most of these since i haven't gotten to try the update yet, pls tell which are wrong

UghGetOuttaHere

...pls tell which are wrong
Testing for you

Which is perfect for those of us at work trying to get a jump on this information. Text on a forum is a lot less incriminating than sitting there watching a YT video. We appreciate it greatly!
You're welcome. It's just data that my brain wants so ive decided to share my findings. This site has been so empty on information, gotta spruce it up!

UghGetOuttaHere

Also wanted to add that in theory these are the safe dash cancel options on block (all with backdash cancel) using your formula, with the addition of block advantage (ex: F21 = 32-12-22 and S3 = 33+4-22)
  • S11 (+7 Maybe), S114 (+2 Maybe)
  • S2 (+8 HUGE Maybe)
  • B2 (0)
  • F21 (-3 or -5)
  • S3 (+15 MASSIVE Maybe)
  • F3 (+12 MASSIVE Maybe)
  • D4 (-3)
I'm using Kombat Akademy's frame data and thus not sure about most of these since i haven't gotten to try the update yet, pls tell which are wrong
Afraid not friend. According to the ingame frame data, the block cancels are actually:

11: -29
2: -29
B2: -32
F21: -23
S3: -18
F3: -26
D4: -31

Currently developing a new formula for block dash cancels & seeing what your formula actually calculates.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
B3 on hit is wild.

- Combos into Cyrax Net, Rain God, and b3 again!

Dash cancels in neutral are fast as hell and can now he canceled into specials like portals, rain god, or water beam.

F1 goes far! It reminds of ij2 Dr. Fate f2xx db2. Hella annoying and safe!

Lokey thinking Rain and Mavado Mine are gonna be best friends.

UghGetOuttaHere

@CanoCano
Ok so a couple things to note:
-Kombat Akademy needs an update.
-The ingame frame data that I presented above assumes no action is taken after the dash.
-Backdash can not be blocked out of immediately and takes 2 more frames than forward dash to complete. It can still be attacked out of instantly.

The block dash cancel formula is actually just [CancelAdv] - [bf1 start up] = frame adv on block
Note: These numbers assume an airtight dash cancel & action afterwards.
-I added all the cancel adv as shown ingame.

Thus:
1: 18 - 22 = -4
11: 14 -22 = -8
211 (3rd hit): 23-22 = +1
B2: 9-22 = -13
F2: 18-22 = -4
F21: 20- 22 = -2
S3: 25-22= +3
F3: 17-22= -5
D4: 12-22 = -10

Last edited:

CanoCano

Noob
Thus:
1: 18 - 22 = -4
11: 14 -22 = -8
211 (3rd hit): 23-22 = +1
B2: 9-22 = -13
F2: 18-22 = -4
F21: 20- 22 = -2
S3: 25-22= +3
F3: 17-22= -5
D4: 12-22 = -10
Alright thank you, my bad if that wasted your time
Maybe someone out there can find a way to incorporate this into the gameplan

UghGetOuttaHere

Alright thank you, my bad if that wasted your time
Maybe someone out there can find a way to incorporate this into the gameplan
It wasnt a waste. It was a challenge that was satisfying to find the solution to. And now both formulas can be applied to Ermac as well.
These are the hard numbers but now that Rain can also cancel BF1 into special moves: mental stack/frames come into play.