What's new

Quick Sheeva write up. By: Digimonemporer

Quick Sheeva write up.

By: Digimonemporer

(Note: that this was written to help out some friends. But I figured to post this, incase people wanted the quick 101 on useful tips on playing as Sheeva)

Sheeva is really tough to win win.

That's the honest to god truth. Next patch that will be changed lol, but for now...you're gonna have to work extra hard to win with this character.

Here's some tips that will help you.

Tip one:

Sheeva is MK Sentinel lol.

You have to make Sheeva appear to be a fast character. So use her quickest pokes that are dash cancelable.

d+3 is her fastest poke period. And can be canceled into ANYTHING. But more often than not, you're gonna be canceling it into her forward dash. This is Sheeva's rush down.

From d+3 dash cancel pressure (D3DCP), you'll be going into mixup. Do enough D3DCP and your opponent is gonna want to duck. This is where her qcb+3 command throw comes into play. And you get mucho damage mid screen off this single move.

From D3DCP, you can go into 2,1,2 series. On block string this goes into mixup by it's self. From crouching block string, qcb+3 is guaranteed and cannot be escaped. From 2,1,2 series you can mixup with the following:

Ground Stomp
Tele Stomp (neutral)
Dash Cancel
Any command thow

IMO Stomps and Dash Cancel are prefered. Always keep the opponent guessing. Apply solid pressure. And this alone will make matches much easier for Sheeva.

Tip two:

Meaties

After a knock down, Sheeva really can turn MK into SSF2Turbo lol. She has crazy options when she lands meaties.

Standing 4 (block or on hit) x Ground Stomp is REALLY good. Since Ground Stomp is unblockable, and the recovery from a blocked Standing 4 is a while: It's REALLY hard for your opponent to react to it. And u can also mix up Tele Stomp after a meaty. Again it's really hard for them to react to your follow up, after the standing 4 is blocked. Even Fireball is good too. Because standing 4 pushes them so far away they not only have to eat the Fireball chip, but you are completely safe.

d+4 x Fireball is best meaty, if you want to cancel into Fireball. It's the fastest. And if your opponent tries to jump out of the meaty attempt Fireball juggles them anyways lol (especially the closer they are to the corner).

In the corner 2,1,2 series is a good meaty too.

Tip three:

NEVER USE EX MOVES UNLESS MID COMBO!!!

THey are ASS. Next patch, they WILL be gdlk. :)

Tip four:

Wake Up

Her wake up is ass. Because her EX moves are ass. LMFAO! Your best wake up with Sheeva is to NOT get knocked down. Or d+3 into D3DCP. And I'm being serious. I mean you can attempt for wake up Grab and Punch, but it comes out too slow to be effective.

Tip five:

Anti Air

Okay now we're talking. Sheeva is really nice when it comes to Anti Air, if you're a genius. Standing 4 is really nice on Anti Air, but it comes out a tad slow. Same with Standing 1. But both can lead to full combo.

Anti Air 4 x Grab and Punch

Anti Air 1 (hit confirm) 1,2,B+1 > dash 1 (can do 4 if close to wall for more damage) x Grab and Punch

You can Anti Air with 2,1,2 series or b+1, but IMO those are way too slow to be effective.

From sweep distance f+4 is gdlk for Anti Air, but you really don't want to knock opponents too far away from you. Sheeva's best range is anything from sweep distance.

Final Tip:

Block and react

I struggle with this myself, but a Sheeva that can block and punish correctly, is something very scary to deal with.

Crossover pressure: how to deal with it - Nj.1 (you can also dash the opposite way and make their attack whiff)

Blocking moves that leave opponent in float: juggle standing 4 x Grab and Punch (mid screen) / 1,2,b+1 > standing 4 c Grab and Punch (corner)

Hope some of these tips help. All this will change slightly in the next patch. Where Sheeva will be A LOT MORE LIKE SENTINEL!!! But for now...do what you can with her. ^_^

PM if you have any questions.

Special:

This is a good quide (if you haven't already seen it):

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4277-SHEEVA-Combo-Thread&p=63757#post63757

And NEVER drop these combos:

* Crouch Throw > step > Nj.1 > b+2,1+2 x EX Grab and Punch

* j.1 > standing 4 x "XRAY"

* j.1 > 1,2,b+1 > dash > standing 4 x Grab and Punch

;)

super soon. but i wasn't given an exact date.

^^^^

FAILED RESPONSE IS FAIL!!!

Sorry BoysX3, I answered your question properly below in this thread.

whoops LMFAO!!!

just realized the error I made.

AFAIK. Sheeva is gonna get some hit armor in some most needed areas (moves). And her EX Telestomp might have some "interesting" new properties. ^_^

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Patch confirmed Sheeva has armor on ALL enhanced command grabs. Testing X-ray property glitch now.

Edit: X-ray now goes through armor and fully connects for 33% damage.

Sheeva is now officially in my book fixed.

this is all great news. I haven't played in like 2-3 weeks but I'll fire up MK9 and try out the new Sheeva. Soooooooooo happy she got armor on her EX grabs. I absolutely hated how free she was on wakeup, so these new options will be a huge help. Good shit NRS.

Also nice to hear that they fixed her X-Ray glitch.