What's new

Match Footage - Quan Chi Quan Chi Revealed (Gameplay trailer inside!) for Mortal Kombat X @ Sony Press Conference in Moscow

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Lol this thread has 20k views....holy balls

How the hell are people suprised quan chi is in the game after the end of MK9

Colares

Noob

He is pulling him with both hands so how does he hold the sword?
Anyway Shinnok is confirmed now I just need the Snake for the 3 sorcerers.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You know what pisses me off about quan chi?

he's basically just taking shang's place... using conjured skulls, green soul effects, and forcing the fighter to do something against their will (his fatality and trance). That's all straight out of shang's book of sorcery. Thing is, I thought Shang's Soul Stealing ability was way more unique than anything Quan does. =/

Hopefully there's a soul stealing type sorcerer in the game, even if it's a new character. That ability is just too cool.

That said... Quan (gameplay wise) looks pretty cool in mkx. Can't wait to see the crazy shit ppl come up with with him.
It;d be great to have Shang return and once again be able to morph in to the entire cast... very, very doubtful though

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
It;d be great to have Shang return and once again be able to morph in to the entire cast... very, very doubtful though
Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be Shang if they are wanting to move on from him. It could be a new character (maybe a female soul stealer?) And instead of actually turning into the other characters (in case there are limitations or something) maybe they just steal the special move that is across all variations of their opponent. So they play vs Sub Zero and steal his ability to freeze for a limited time or they steal scorpion's spear, etc.

Idk I just think the whole stealing powers thing is a cool concept.

coolwhip

Noob
With the character variations, it's extremely doubtful that someone would have this ability (say you morph into Sub-Zero, which variation do you get?). If Shang were in, I suspect he'd have his soul steal (meaning he'll just morph into whoever his opponent is, and whatever variation he's using). Plus, given that NRS take the competitive scene into account, I doubt they'd give a character the ability to turn into his opponent's worst match-up.

With the character variations, it's extremely doubtful that someone would have this ability (say you morph into Sub-Zero, which variation do you get?). If Shang were in, I suspect he'd have his soul steal (meaning he'll just morph into whoever his opponent is, and whatever variation he's using). Plus, given that NRS take the competitive scene into account, I doubt they'd give a character the ability to turn into his opponent's worst match-up.
They could just make morphing part of his animations, like normals from different characters or maybe turning limbs into weapons,turning into or having specials of some characters who are maybe not in the game and Tsung had their souls)and of course stealing opponents moves as well

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Noooo, why is he shooting skulls from.. above his head now. ;__; <- is being nit-picky on the highest level possible

Nah, he looks insane, his warlock variation... *drools*. Something else though, a small little thing that really bothers me throughout the whole cast... the sound of the uppercuts. They sound lame as fuck. Where is that heavy punch to it? Hope they'll add that later on.

Mst

Noob
Honestly someone who can steal the last Special used from another Character would be really cool, like Rubick ult in Dota. But probably hard to balance.

trufenix

bye felicia
Honestly someone who can steal the last Special used from another Character would be really cool, like Rubick ult in Dota. But probably hard to balance.
Move stealing has been in a couple games, never caused a balance problem. Yoshimitsu had it in T4, Rogue had it in XvSF.

Mst

Noob
Move stealing has been in a couple games, never caused a balance problem. Yoshimitsu had it in T4, Rogue had it in XvSF.
Depends how you do it i didnt play either of those games (maybe i take a look at XvSF later) so i cant comment on that. But i think something along the lines that you are capable of doing it mid combo and extend you combo with the special move you just took, from your opponent and i could see this causing balance problems. But this might be something better discussed in a other thread.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I don't even know what to say anymore regarding this game. Everything they've revealed so far is making it hard to wait for MKx to come out. Quan Chi is so freaking boss. And yo, that fatality!!! Brutal and Suddistic! I said this before, but I am really loving the dark and greedy feel of this game! Nrs take my money!!! They ar really going all out on character design, stages, music/sound effects, and fighting mechanic. It's going to be fun to watch top MK players tare this game apart frame by frame. Tournaments are going to be fun as hell!

trufenix

bye felicia
Depends how you do it i didnt play either of those games (maybe i take a look at XvSF later) so i cant comment on that. But i think something along the lines that you are capable of doing it mid combo and extend you combo with the special move you just took, from your opponent and i could see this causing balance problems. But this might be something better discussed in a other thread.
Yoshi had a move that when done at the same time as select other moves would steal them, allowing him to store them for a one time use later. Rogue's allowed her to steal one specific move for infinite use for the rest of the match.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Scorpion is gonna have a tough time getting his revenge this time around. Speaking strictly in the context of power level nerd shit (not tiers), Quan Chi can probably destroy the other characters, easily.

Dark

Noob
Scorpion is gonna have a tough time getting his revenge this time around. Speaking strictly in the context of power level nerd shit (not tiers), Quan Chi can probably destroy the other characters, easily.
Power levels don't apply in MK tbh

Kung Lao beat Noob, Goro, Shang, Quan, and Kintaro in like 10 minutes

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Everybody is secretly always asking for Khrome. In their hearts.
I was restraining myself for a month or two, but screw that. Who the f*** is Khrome and why the hell people are supposed to care about another what, MK fanfic character at best?

Lol at Moscow still being in Germany!!!!!)
Something tells me that OP got confused by that song by Genghis Khan (?) band :p

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Except Thunder God who would fry him.