What's new

PXP A F0xy Grampa and Nasr Tekken Master Advance to the ELEAGUE Playoffs

Lokheit

Noob
I'm not playing for you, or the viewer, if you want that, go give the viewers it yourself.
While I think your arguments make sense and this isn't meant to be a knock on you, this specific line is technically incorrect. You TOTALLY play for the viewer. Where do you think tournament money and sponsor benefits come from? Same as any other sport or e-sport, if the viewer is not happy, income decreases.

So basically, while you're of course entitled to play the way that will lead you to more wins as that benefits you and you SHOULD do that, it's also understandable that the viewer will feel more attached to "underdog and loyalist" stories as it's more "epic" to see someone fighting against the odds and sticking to his main and it's easier to root and get excited about that.

At the end of the day this generates an income because it's a show, just like any sport. When the underdog overachieves, everyone gets crazy, when the Golden State Warriors go 16-1 during the playoffs everyone is like "ok, it was expected, fine, gg".

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
While I think your arguments make sense and this isn't meant to be a knock on you, this specific line is technically incorrect. You TOTALLY play for the viewer. Where do you think tournament money and sponsor benefits come from? Same as any other sport or e-sport, if the viewer is not happy, income decreases.

So basically, while you're of course entitled to play the way that will lead you to more wins as that benefits you and you SHOULD do that, it's also understandable that the viewer will feel more attached to "underdog and loyalist" stories as it's more "epic" to see someone fighting against the odds and sticking to his main and it's easier to root and get excited about that.

At the end of the day this generates an income because it's a show, just like any sport. When the underdog overachieves, everyone gets crazy, when the Golden State Warriors go 16-1 during the playoffs everyone is like "ok, it was expected, fine, gg".

But you could argue that this is wrong because during MKX viewership was way higher, but the prize pools were less money.

I get what you mean though of course.

Lokheit

Noob
But you could argue that this is wrong because during MKX viewership was way higher, but the prize pools were less money.

I get what you mean though of course.
I'd say it's more about the company riding the momentum from the previous game and e-sports in general being in the rise (so revenues per viewer increase with the market).

But yeah was mostly a technicism.

CmC_HAt

Noob
I'm not playing for you, or the viewer, if you want that, go give the viewers it yourself.

You've seen me overcome the Catwoman match with Deadshot before, how many times would I have to do this to appease the faceless stream monsters? I don't 'love' any character in this game because I'm not a DC fan, so that whole idea is just thrown straight out of the window.

What I do love though, is harvesting the salt from viewers and players alike, and apparently I've become adept at it.

I'm not lying when I'm saying I'm a soulless competitor, one of the worst you can come up against, along similar lines to the way Tekken Master and Sonic function.

c´mon foxy, win that shi***ty cup, we believe in u ,

from cuba.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It sure was. The first half was on stream, then the other half was broadcasted live on TV.
dose anyone have a link to it though? I have tried googleing and also looking at eleaugTV on twitch but all I see is the finals for season 1 that was in November?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
dose anyone have a link to it though? I have tried googleing and also looking at eleaugTV on twitch but all I see is the finals for season 1 that was in November?
You can most definitely find it on Youtube. Wish i could provide a link but im at work currently. TRUST! They have everything lol

Jynks

You can most definitely find it on Youtube. Wish i could provide a link but im at work currently. TRUST! They have everything lol
As I said.. I can not find it at all on youtube or with google search.. the only results I get are for the finals in novmember.. eve sorting youtube by date using "&search_sort=video_date_uploaded" at the end of the url reveals nothing..

@SneakyTortoise / @STORMS
Maybe you guys could edit the OP and add in a link to the stream?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
As I said.. I can not find it at all on youtube or with google search.. the only results I get are for the finals in novmember.. eve sorting youtube by date using "&search_sort=video_date_uploaded" at the end of the url reveals nothing..

@SneakyTortoise / @STORMS
Maybe you guys could edit the OP and add in a link to the stream?
You didn't say that at first. But eh, good luck finding it then :)

Jynks

oh wait.. hang on.. this post is FROM November.. it must have been necro'd..

Is there a new stream I have not seen for eleauge AFTER the finals? That dragon won, and Sonic was knocked out by Forever the King?

You didn't say that at first. But eh, good luck finding it then :)
Well I said through google.. so.. yeah.. google is just a catch word for searching the internet.. you an pretty much assume that would include youtube : )

Jynks

Sure, Jan.

HASHTAG/BYEEEEEE
don't worry about it, it can be hard to keep up with modern lingo and stuff nothing ot be embarrassed about.

For future reference when someone says "they googled" they mean they searched the internet in all the obvious places.