What's new

Punishing Flame Burner

Me and a friend of mine play online regularly to test out new tech and just train in general, him being predominately a Mileena player and I mostly playing Sektor. He's having a hard time dealing with my use of flame burner to counter all his d4s.

I was wondering what the block-stun versus recovery time on flame burner is and what can punish it.

Me and a friend of mine play online regularly to test out new tech and just train in general, him being predominately a Mileena player and I mostly playing Sektor. He's having a hard time dealing with my use of flame burner to counter all his d4s.

I was wondering what the block-stun versus recovery time on flame burner is and what can punish it.
fast advancing specials can punish it..reptiles dash can defenitely

raidens superman.. i kno rain can dash in and do 43..not too sure about other characters though..i generally dont get punished for it.

ryublaze

Noob
If blocked up-close, it can be punished by quickly dashing up and starting a combo. Mileena's teleport can probably punish it depending on the timing.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
heheh hes obviously not d4 ing quick enough wen i play mileenas the commands cant be inputted in time so i have to iatu

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
If he blocks a flame up close he can get a roll 100%. At some distances the flame is completely safe against most of the cast. The one's who can punish it no matter where are the dash characters (Rep,Cage,Kabal,Nightwolf, ect.)

What's nice for Mileena is that her teleport kick comes in at an angle in which she avoids both up missile and flame thrower. It's crazy!

heheh hes obviously not d4 ing quick enough wen i play mileenas the commands cant be inputted in time so i have to iatu
I'm not using it to directly counter the d4s, I'm using it mostly for spacing and to make him approach cautiously, because once Mileena gets up close the d4s make her hard to deal with.

Thanks for the input. Nice to know that it's mostly safe and who I shouldn't be using it against.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
good mileenas ruin me ... sometimes if i end a combo wit up rocket it will hit if she teleports but i stress SOMEtimes