What's new

Punishing attack teleports

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
So we all know when we block Scorpion or Sektor's teleport they roll into a ball and can be punished. I know if you let them land you can full punish but are there any good options to punish while they are in the air? For example with Sub-Zero he can do f4~freeze and it freezes them standing not in the air, then you have a full punish with easier timing then letting them drop. Does Freddy have anything like this?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Hmm, why would you go for less damage? Block the teleport and wait for your opponent to land on the ground and then combo combo with f+4,2,1. It is not even that difficult.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
if u wanna hit them while there in mid air use U3 does lots of damage depending what u do after words.
ex: u3 en ground spike or u3 f421 then do the rest.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
could you do... B12U1, B12U1 EnGroundSpike dash F421 MidGroundSpike FarGroundSpike?

Keep in mind, that I know next to nothing about Freddy and that's a combo I just randomly came up with in practice mode (on a standing opponent) and that it's super slow. Also, the ball animation and being in the air might screw it up as well. Maybe only do it with 1 B12U1.

Like I said, I know nothing about Freddy so feel free to ignore that combo. haha

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What about Mileena's roll where she has to be hit in the air?
Then you would do u+3.

Freddy has one of the very best roll punishing combos in the game. If you can react in time, you can do the following.

u+3~EX spike, JP,b+1,2,u+1, dash f+4,2,1 xx mid spike, far spike, far spike. 46% of damage.

The same combo also works after a blocked telekick, but you must block standing.

Such strong damage output is why I no longer believe Freddy loses badly to Mileena.