What's new

Propsed changes to Kano

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Alright guys, so as most of you know, I had initial mained Kano. I've branched off to Reptile and I'm pretty sure most of the initial Kano players have branched out as well. Today, I had some thoughts on how we can make Kano a credible reaction character and I'd like to share those thoughts with you. Since it's essentially in unison that Kano is in the brokentier easymode category at the moment.

Up Ball: Revert it back to pre-patch, it was fine. This worked wonderfully as an AA.

Knifes: Increase the recovery to around Reptile's acid spit.

Air Ball/Ball: Decrease the recovery, increase the air ball damage by 3% to replicate the ground ball. This will encourage players to actually use these, in the current state they're quite punishable.

X-ray: Air x-ray with a ball animation, make it similar to CSZ's. Perhaps the animation can consist of Kano hitting you with a ball, knocking you to the floor, and jamming his knifes into the back of your head then stomping on them with his boots. Reduce the damage to 36%.

Mixups: Speed up his B2 overhead a bit.

I'd like to hear some collaboration by other people as well, outside the Kano community also. Yes, these are somewhat major changes, and I don't know if this is realistic via a patch; especially the x-ray change.

babalook

Noob
id like to see different combos that maybe incorporate a knife to keep them up in the air instead of 212 212 212

Air Ball/Ball: Increase the recovery,
Jesus. What do you want him to do? Like if the ball gets blocked, Kano drops down his pants, and holds up a sign saying "combo me plz"?

All these changes look like they just want to make Kano the most generic character ever. He was fine pre-patch. Just reduce the Up Ball's recovery and he's fine.

Zebster

How's my volume?
I think he just worded it incorrectly and meant lower the recovery. Not sure I agree with that for at least the normal ball seeing as how quick the thing is and travels (unlike spin if you were going to bring that up)

GNG Iniquity

Jesus. What do you want him to do? Like if the ball gets blocked, Kano drops down his pants, and holds up a sign saying "combo me plz"?

All these changes look like they just want to make Kano the most generic character ever. He was fine pre-patch. Just reduce the Up Ball's recovery and he's fine.
Worded the recovery incorrectly, I meant decrease the recovery. My bad. Will edit.

Kano IS the most generic character ever at the moment. This will at least make his air game feared and give him something. Also, this is a rough draft which I colletively thought on for maybe 10 minutes; I'm clearly looking for constructive feedback.

once the upball is fixed kano will be fine

these changes arent realistic at all, and they are unnecessary

id like to see casual players stop saying this and that needs to be changed when the game hasnt been out for 2 months

and i hope that nrs listens to seasoned fighting game players on what needs to be done with this game

GNG Iniquity

these changes arent realistic at all, and they are unnecessary
A change to his knife recovery is necessary, his x-ray while unblockable, has no actual setup for it to work at the moment. Once people become more familar with Kano all they'll do on reaction to Kano lunging at you is jump. Which is all you have to do. I mean, really, think about this for a minute. Character's that have GOOD setups for x-rays are Reptile (bait projectiles), Sindel (it's a low with a high animation, hard to expect this), Liu Kang (overhead), Sub-Zero (freeze into combo then x-ray), etc.

you have been playing this game for less than 60 days

how do you know what needs to be changed and what does not?

why should anyone take your opinion seriously? especially after your ridiculous demands in the op

you dont even know what you are talking about!

GNG Iniquity

I think he just worded it incorrectly and meant lower the recovery. Not sure I agree with that for at least the normal ball seeing as how quick the thing is and travels (unlike spin if you were going to bring that up)
It does travel well, I'll agree there, but it lingers in the air for about a second in a half. Sure, a move like Reptile's dash doesn't have a large gap for punishment but it's still there.

GNG Iniquity

you have been playing this game for less than 60 days

how do you know what needs to be changed and what does not?

why should anyone take your opinion seriously? especially after your ridiculous demands in the op

you dont even know what you are talking about!
You're correct that I've only been playing this game for around 2 months, but I've also never seen such a dominant character receive a buff in said time ;)

Clearly NRS don't know what they're talking about. Branch out pal, you've got the Kano blinders on like I used to.

GNG Iniquity

id like to see different combos that maybe incorporate a knife to keep them up in the air instead of 212 212 212
He's actually got some nice mixup diversity if you explore his options. F3>B2 works nicely as a low launcher and you can add some flavor in there. His B2>F3/4 is nice too as an overhead but the overhead is pretty slow.

Lets look at this thread for what it really is:

I dont like this about the game so I think it needs to be changed to something I want. Take my opinions seriously and do what I want NRS. Because I dont know the game or just flat out dont have the skill I think this should be changed so I can win easier.

Kanos xray does have a setup, you use it when your oppenent starts a string or jumps in on you. It cant be used in a combo but it is unblockable and has armor, it also does just over 40% on its own. Correct me if I am wrong here, but that is a badass xray if you ask me.

Kano is not my main

GNG Iniquity

Well, for one, I'm not affiliated with NRS...so my opinion in lieu of things doesn't mean much; which I figured most people would understand this considering it's an internet forum.

look, maybe kano does need some nerfs; or hell even some buffs!

but for you or me to sit here and say this or that needs to be changed + or - is absurd this early in the games life

not only that, these decisions should be made by high level players who know the game the best

its cool to discuss what you would or wouldnt like to see in the game but the tone of your op comes off as taking it seriously; as if nrs would do what you want and take your posts seriously.

if everyone else agrees with you that Kano is "brokentier" after the upball recovery goes away, then i will admit i was wrong.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
only change Kano needs is his up ball to be how it was before, leave everything else the way it is now. he's my 2nd most used character from day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mgt2

Noob
Alright guys, so as most of you know, I had initial mained Kano. I've branched off to Reptile and I'm pretty sure most of the initial Kano players have branched out as well. Today, I had some thoughts on how we can make Kano a credible reaction character and I'd like to share those thoughts with you. Since it's essentially in unison that Kano is in the brokentier easymode category at the moment.

Up Ball: Revert it back to pre-patch, it was fine. This worked wonderfully as an AA.

Air Ball/Ball: Decrease the recovery, increase the air ball damage by 3% to replicate the ground ball. This will encourage players to actually use these, in the current state they're quite punishable.

X-ray: Air x-ray with a ball animation, make it similar to CSZ's. Perhaps the animation can consist of Kano hitting you with a ball, knocking you to the floor, and jamming his knifes into the back of your head then stomping on them with his boots. Reduce the damage to 36%.

I'd like to hear some collaboration by other people as well, outside the Kano community also. Yes, these are somewhat major changes, and I don't know if this is realistic via a patch; especially the x-ray change.
you know. Just the upball situation needs to be fix. Kano is fine after that.. X ray is fine.

I'm with the majority here just change the upball back to the way it was.

wow I'm surprised you didnt agree with everything he said. He does have different combos b112 b112 ball.

This Wednesday at wnf I was playing kano prepatch for a number of matches. He did fine! Won almost every match even with the old build. Seriously dont like the xray idea OP proposed or "propsed" as he titled the thread or many of his "propsed" ideas.

GStick

Noob
The way they're changing it in the next patch sounds good, which is suppose to be: fast but not as fast as it is now on whiff, and more like it was on block, or something like that. It makes the move more interesting that way, too.

No way. They are a fun tool for him to have and a big source of damage and meter for him. It's all in chunks, so it's not like he doesn't have to work for it. If people have that much of a problem with his knives a few months from now, just reduce the damage or something... Then there's those characters like Noob Saibot who don't really have any problems with Kano knives.

I don't mind this. Doesn't need a damage increase though. A slight whiff recovery would make it a more interesting move, I said this not long after the game came out. That would also make instant air ball a lot better. As it is, when you do it instant, it throws people off but it's super easy to punish so there's no point.

There's absolutely no reason to change his X-Ray... It's scary, but it can be hard to set up at times. But it can also be used to make your opponent guess, so whatever. It's a risk reward thing, and he's a more unique character for having the X-Ray. It goes hand in hand with his lower combo damage...

It would be cool, but why? It sounds like your version of Kano would be even scarier than the current one.