What's new

General/Other - Acidic Proposed Acidic Balance Changes

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Kenjutsu's df1 is -10 and has similar purpose.
Either they improve that move, or Overhead flip should be -10 also.
See this is dumb. Kenjutsu gets punished, I'm positive there is not a single character who can't punish it, for his knockdown overhead meter less but Alien is safe completely and he can do it in the air. Such a dumb character man.

coconutshrimp

Oh yeah make the last hit of F134 a mid cause that shit does NOT in any circumstance need to be a low. It is the scrubbiest 50/50 in the game and literally takes the fun out of the game whenever you have to fight this dildo head

omooba

fear the moobs
meterless flip should be way more unsafe. at least -10. anything less and tarkatan would still be broke. ex flip should keep it's armor. if they made the overhead more unsafe it would balance out the whole character. and the tail thing is just to buff sub zero, fuck that

Last edited:

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I'd take regular flip being -9 and armor being taken away from EX Flip. Any other suggestion is not need tbh. No one should have to guess which armored wake-up Alien is going to do. This character has a lot of great tools, normals, and utility. Adjusting those two things would definitely go far.

coconutshrimp

I'd take regular flip being -9 and armor being taken away from EX Flip. Any other suggestion is not need tbh. No one should have to guess which armored wake-up Alien is going to do. This character has a lot of great tools, normals, and utility. Adjusting those two things would definitely go far.
I think Alien's EX Flip should keep armor but remove the armor off at least one of the other armored moves he has. So many armored options Kenjutsu Kenshi feels threatened.

shura30

Shura
acid blood should be revised as a whole
can't be punished on block after some strings by cassie's flip (ie:f134xxacidblood)
it's listed as -8 and it is raw punishable but for some reasons it can't be off a few strings
if I remember correctly you can't reversal it after d1xxacidblood

they also removed the random advantage from hitting hollywood's nutpunch at some heights, can't understand why acidic still can do exactly the same thing

Sonic Fox said at highest point it's +18 on hit, in some bnb he does it's around +10
One more nerf I like to add is reduce the range of his jump 3 or don't allow him to use his tail when jumping with that shit. Seriously, like safe air tail flip and fullscreen air acid isn't enough, he needs fullscreen jump 3 to play footsie game
Sources on the plus 18? All the labbin I done has no where near that plus most I ever got was like plus 8 and that's with me losing lots of damage for it not sayin it isn't true I just wanna learn what is done to gain that

shura30

Shura
Sources on the plus 18? All the labbin I done has no where near that plus most I ever got was like plus 8 and that's with me losing lots of damage for it not sayin it isn't true I just wanna learn what is done to gain that
maybe +18 comes off a non-practical or optimized damage setup
send the opponent flying as high as possible then hit him with acid blood

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
That would not be great. Tanya has 50 50 wakeups, and the low one comboes. Air EX Flip should be like Jin's ex divekick. No armor, but unsafe and comboes. I made Overhead Flip -8 since its Aliens main ender to his massively negative strings on block that keeps him safe, but doesn't protect him with the mileena's, cassie's and lao's. His acid and his flip are the only pseudo safe thing he has, and he should keep them, but not so that some guranteed punishes not work because of range.

hkriderz

Kenjutsu's df1 is -10 and has similar purpose.
Either they improve that move, or Overhead flip should be -10 also.
Kenjitsu doesn't rely on df1 to end his blockstrings. The push is safe on block adn gives him space to work with. Without some form of the acid, flip is alien's ender to his blockstrings. Making it unsafe might not be the best idea.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
That would not be great. Tanya has 50 50 wakeups, and the low one comboes. Air EX Flip should be like Jin's ex divekick. No armor, but unsafe and comboes. I made Overhead Flip -8 since its Aliens main ender to his massively negative strings on block that keeps him safe, but doesn't protect him with the mileena's, cassie's and lao's. His acid and his flip are the only pseudo safe thing he has, and he should keep them, but not so that some guranteed punishes not work because of range.
Yeah, but Tanya is a terrible comparison due to her being wholly unsafe on BOTH of her OH and Low armored wake-ups. And why should only the Mileena's, Cassie's, Lao's, and Jason's be able to reliably full combo punish Alien? If you throw out flip just to always be safe, an Overhead that sets up for great oki game, almost guaranteeing an F134 into another flip or snag, a majority of the cast should be able to punish it. -9 would go very far for many of the Alien vs. rest of the cast matchups.

You act like we're trying to take away Alien's overwhelming pressure, space control, AND mix-up game. It isn't like that at all. Ending everything in an Overhead is just a stupid design IMO. If it was a mid, I'd be inclined to agree wholeheartedly, but it isn't. You've still got the ridiculous normals, air-to-air tail attacks, and the ability to facemelt any cast member in the corner using your acid.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Kenjitsu doesn't rely on df1 to end his blockstrings. The push is safe on block adn gives him space to work with. Without some form of the acid, flip is alien's ender to his blockstrings. Making it unsafe might not be the best idea.
Push is actually -13 on block. Good pushback, but some characters punish it. Jax gets a full combo, for example.

hkriderz

Yeah, but Tanya is a terrible comparison due to her being wholly unsafe on BOTH of her OH and Low armored wake-ups. And why should only the Mileena's, Cassie's, Lao's, and Jason's be able to reliably full combo punish Alien? If you throw out flip just to always be safe, an Overhead that sets up for great oki game, almost guaranteeing an F134 into another flip or snag, a majority of the cast should be able to punish it. -9 would go very far for many of the Alien vs. rest of the cast matchups.

You act like we're trying to take away Alien's overwhelming pressure, space control, AND mix-up game. It isn't like that at all. Ending everything in an Overhead is just a stupid design IMO. If it was a mid, I'd be inclined to agree wholeheartedly, but it isn't. You've still got the ridiculous normals, air-to-air tail attacks, and the ability to facemelt any cast member in the corner using your acid.
OK first of all, Alien and Tanya are very similar comparisons due to the fact that Alien's EX wakeup game is both unsafe and one comboes while the other doesn't. and YES BOTH are unsafe on both their wakeups. There's no difference except for Tanya it's low and Alien its overhead. Flip in design wasn't meant to be punishable. Like reptile's slash or reptiles overhead flip. It's a situation for a counterpoke or just trying not to die by doing a blockstring and waiting for Alien to recover.

Also the flip doesn't guarantee anything. It's a knockdown, and its a mindgame. If you keep blocking or whatever, it's your decision. It's not a restand or massive plus frames. Flip's EX version is punishable because it comboes and is armored. Punishing regular flip almost takes away the usability. Why do the regular version when both are punishable and the EX grants me a combo on hit? Flip being slightly safe is a way for Alien not to be punished on all his strings or low tail.

I'm noticing flip is a very sensitive topic to TYM. Some people want it death on block, some -9 or -10, some want it the same. Alien's frame data is horrendous minus frames besides the three moves he needs/abuses to stay blocking while losing his turn. FLip, acid spit, acid puddle. His acid plus frames are nothing to scare or jail anyone and he has to guess/bait after any acid attack.

hkriderz

Push is actually -13 on block. Good pushback, but some characters punish it. Jax gets a full combo, for example.
Oh my apologies. Well i guess it's the same with flip then. Safe for the majority, but some can punish it in reversal.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
I think I read on another similar post, a change alien would be good for. Id be fine if they made his flip a mid but safe or an overhead but more negative. Either way, keep the overhead for the ex version as it is still unsafe, can be armor broken, and looks like an overhead lol.

coconutshrimp

Oh my apologies. Well i guess it's the same with flip then. Safe for the majority, but some can punish it in reversal.
I'm positive every character in the game can punish regular overhead slice from Kenjutsu. Most jab strings are quicker than 10 frames.