What's new

Projectile trading/cancelling

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I was playing SF recently and it got me thinking about the projectiles in IGAU. In SF you can cancel your opponents project with a projectile of your own. Is this something you would have been ok with if implemented in IGAU? Personally, I think adding this mechanic would have slowed the gameplay down and made it a little boring, but what do you guys think?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Give Bane a lariat and I'm cool with this.

DS would be even better than he is now since bullets are multi-hit though.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Give Bane a lariat and I'm cool with this.

DS would be even better than he is now since bullets are multi-hit though.
You bring up a excellent point. Every grappler in SF has at least one move that dodges projectiles. Grundy has a move that reminds me of green glove, but it doesn't go through projectiles. I think it should. Bane needs something of the sort as well. I believe it would balance it out a little bit. Better than wasting meter just to eat chip and slowly get in.

Lets just pretend if a trading a projectile with DS would cancel all bullets lol. For giggles.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You bring up a excellent point. Every grappler in SF has at least one move that dodges projectiles. Grundy has a move that reminds me of green glove, but it doesn't go through projectiles. I think it should. Bane needs something of the sort as well. I believe it would balance it out a little bit. Better than wasting meter just to eat chip and slowly get in.

Lets just pretend if a trading a projectile with DS would cancel all bullets lol. For giggles.
I don't consider Bane a true grappler for a few reasons but since he has nothing to discourage zoning a lariat fits him(I don't want him to have a projectile, we have enough of that shit lol)

I'm not sure how good he'd be then. Would we assume all multi-hit moves like Nightwing's Dings be cancelled out too? If so, the best zoners would probably be the ones who could put the most on the screen in the shortest time and overwhelm the others.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im not for it at all. Not in the least. SF is slow and a fireball fiesta. Its too dull for me to care about. In this game it'd slow to a crawl if folks didn't have to respect projectiles so much.

The fireballs in Injustice come out too quickly and with multiple hits, it wouldn't work without major adjustments to the whole game. The zoning game is a lot better with the sf mechanic and I would have liked to some characters have more fireball avoidance moves, but once again I feel the whole game would need adjustments.