What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Predicting Quan Chi:Trailer and Moveset Breakdown+Analysis

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It seems to me, in his sorcerer variation, when he casts one of his buff spells they are locked to that specific position on the map. It seemed as if he didn't want to move from the aura, both times he casted them. So possibly they could require you to be in the correct range for them to affect you?
i was thinking the exact same thing, it may be possible.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It seems to me, in his sorcerer variation, when he casts one of his buff spells they are locked to that specific position on the map. It seemed as if he didn't want to move from the aura, both times he casted them. So possibly they could require you to be in the correct range for them to affect you?
Those markers aren't for show methinks. Devs aren't generally too willing to clutter screen with useless shit that looks this clear and contrasting.
Also, maybe I didn't see it right, but are you guys sure Kano receives debuff when he gets hit by projectile or w/e, and not when he steps into enchanted area?

On a side note, it seems to me that NRS are really serious about deployable stuff for spacing game. Clone, sunlight, Raiden's stuff, now these. Given emphasis on movement and mobility points/interactibles we can see so far it isn't surprising that more characters are given tools to block routes or get benefits for standing where they want provided they can set that up.

Edit: For that matter, I'm surprised that Warlock Quan Chi just uses portals for ranged attacks and doesn't actually creates his own mobility interactibles of sort with them. After all, if even Divekick has such character, why MK can't? :p

Last edited:

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Those markers aren't for show methinks. Devs aren't generally too willing to clutter screen with useless shit that looks this clear and contrasting.
Also, maybe I didn't see it right, but are you guys sure Kano receives debuff when he gets hit by projectile or w/e, and not when he steps into enchanted area?

On a side note, it seems to me that NRS are really serious about deployable stuff for spacing game. Clone, sunlight, Raiden's stuff, now these. Given emphasis on movement and mobility points/interactibles we can see so far it isn't surprising that more characters are given tools to block routes or get benefits for standing where they want provided they can set that up.
you guys have probably watched the 45 minute mkx video posted here. in it, we see quan summon purple circle, leave it, do a rune, and it's green instead of purple. so he does have to stay inside the circle as of now. and the thing about quan's circles is he wants to keep the opponent out so he doesn't get knocked away from them, but with sub, raiden, and kotal, they all want you to enter that area. even in the trailer we saw how easy it was for kano to knock quan out of his circle so not sure how effective they will be but i hope they're good. plus there's no telling what changes the testers will make for quan.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
his eyes are too bright

his x-ray is the BEST ONE YET. (aside from Raiden's)

and as someone else mentioned... he's got Sindel's fireballs... even the jumping one.
im afraid Kano disagrees with Quan having the best x-ray :)

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
trance: reported to have shorter range, but that's probably cause of the screen being shorter than in mk9. leaves opponent vulnerable for about half as long as in mk9. i can confirm EX trance does not steal meter or seem to have any difference in the current build.

sky drop: reported to not be redirectable like in mk9. doesn't keep opponent standing like mk9 (EX and normal knock down on hit). reported to be air possible.

skulls: EX seems to have low recovery (maybe i'm just used to long recovery on projectiles from injustice). EX knocks down on hit. can use air version after jumping off an interactable = super jump skull :eek:

rune: 3 versions: close (db1b), medium (db1), far (db1f). does not track. can be EXed on whiff even though it was reported that it can't. both EX and regular knock down. EX launches and seems to have a bigger hitbox that might anti air.

spell circles: stay where quan summons them. lasts a few seconds and doesn't disappear if quan gets hit. purple circle turns skulls and runes purple. purple skull on hit causes unknown debuff to opponent. green circle adds some kind of armor (either projectile and or super armor that prevents hitstun. whether he still takes damage is unknown). more chip damage in this variation and anti-turtling according to the screenshot released.

portals: seem to track opponent to pester zoners. screenshot mentions zoning mixups, so maybe his portal grabs have different hit levels. 2 new kombo strings become available in this var. one of them can be MBed for a followup. one of his portal attacks (not sure which one it is. he sticks his foot in a portal and kicks the opponent from behind them) can be tech rolled and looks to be negative on hit. will most likely change on full release, but just mentioning.

netherrealm bat (batina): disappears after a few seconds of not being used, after attacking, or after quan gets hit (even on startup). bat allegedly has a low attack, high unblockable and doesn't track (i saw the opponent jump over the low bat in a video). screenshot info says you can activate batina after a combo for continued pressure, but it's unclear whether you can convert off the bat followup. i guess it would be dumb if he could because it would basically be a vortex.

will make new posts as more information is confirmed either through video or whatever. and how come his eyes aren't green in the warlock picture?