What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
F32 is nonexistent. It's just 32
Is 32xxLPC a true block string? It's a nice mix up a la Kung Lao's Buzz saw b2lowhat mix ups. Just curious if it's safe although I doubt it. Can't test right now but it's been working good for me. Of course the character did just come out so we will all get away with a lot for a week or so

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Is 32xxLPC a true block string? It's a nice mix up a la Kung Lao's Buzz saw b2lowhat mix ups. Just curious if it's safe although I doubt it. Can't test right now but it's been working good for me. Of course the character did just come out so we will all get away with a lot for a week or so
Yes but the real mix-up comes from B32 xx whatever and B3 xx EX Low Caster which is sadly not a true blockstring. But on the chance that they don't interrupt and just block the regular Low Caster (not EX) most characters won't be able to punish

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Yes but the real mix-up comes from B32 xx whatever and B3 xx EX Low Caster which is sadly not a true blockstring. But on the chance that they don't interrupt and just block the regular Low Caster (not EX) most characters won't be able to punish
Right. Still a useful mixup tool just gotta watch the opponents meter, which you should do with every character every match lol but I digress. Such a good variation, it feels like a true honest to god zoner! Keep em out with smart disks and plasma caster shots and when they finally manage to get a characters length away Ex SS haha

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How do these plasma caster cancels work?

Last night, i messed around with him for about five mins or so. I couldn't get him to run out of the cancel and his forward dash didn't look right. I can't explain what i mean. It looked...short, if that makes sense.

How do you time it in combo so that it all links?

I find the Plasma cancels are the best way to apply pressure or bait armor cuz they are so perfectly fluid if u cancel into a throw ur opponent cannot react and 30% meterless is awesome.

How do these plasma caster cancels work?

Last night, i messed around with him for about five mins or so. I couldn't get him to run out of the cancel and his forward dash didn't look right. I can't explain what i mean. It looked...short, if that makes sense.

How do you time it in combo so that it all links?
they are nor dash cancels or run cancels its a "Walk cancel" meaning u can input the whole thing in almost one motion instead of waiting for the laser to be active like with fireball cancels.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I find the Plasma cancels are the best way to apply pressure or bait armor cuz they are so perfectly fluid if u cancel into a throw ur opponent cannot react and 30% meterless is awesome.

they are nor dash cancels or run cancels its a "Walk cancel" meaning u can input the whole thing in almost one motion instead of waiting for the laser to be active like with fireball cancels.

I'm aware that it's similar to fireball cancels.

However, in say, Liu Kang's case, you can run and dash on hit, fireball cancel, and continue your combo with a run/dash.

Are you saying i have to hit, cancel the plasma caster, then walk forward and continue the combo?

Anyone else noticed you CANT reversal low blast? Bug maybe?
yeah was trying to punish it with cassie's flip kick and jax's gotcha (both 6 and 7 frames) but THey AI just didnt do shit then i tried to do it my self and nomatter how fast i did it, it never counted as a reversal.

I'm aware that it's similar to fireball cancels.

However, in say, Liu Kang's case, you can run and dash on hit, fireball cancel, and continue your combo with a run/dash.

Are you saying i have to hit, cancel the plasma caster, then walk forward and continue the combo?
He doesn't run or dash cancel out of it thats what i mean, when u input the dash cancel he just moves 4 cm forward or backwards and from there u can continue the combo. Run cancel won't work cuz he doesnt dash forward. hope i explained i lil better here ^^

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
yeah was trying to punish it with cassie's flip kick and jax's gotcha (both 6 and 7 frames) but THey AI just didnt do shit then i tried to do it my self and nomatter how fast i did it, it never counted as a reversal.
@Mourneblade no it's the same issue with Hat Trick's Low Hat Call. It's a weird bug where you need to be already ducking a certain amount of frames before you can do a reversal.

Low Plasma Caster is -7. If you want to test it yourself, set the opponent to duck and then reversal

@Mourneblade no it's the same issue with Hat Trick's Low Hat Call. It's a weird bug where you need to be already ducking a certain amount of frames before you can do a reversal.

Low Plasma Caster is -7. If you want to test it yourself, set the opponent to duck and then reversal
Ahhh so just like reversal armoring through takeda's pressure

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Ahhh so just like reversal armoring through takeda's pressure
Not really but practically, it's the same thing. The thing with Takeda is because it takes more time for the whip to hit you when you're ducking so the block stun is already gone by then. The Low Hat Call/Low Caster issue is that it has so little blockstun that the reversal needs to be inputted VERY fast

Not really but practically, it's the same thing. The thing with Takeda is because it takes more time for the whip to hit you when you're ducking so the block stun is already gone by then. The Low Hat Call/Low Caster issue is that it has so little blockstun that the reversal needs to be inputted VERY fast
Thx for the explanation :D

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Bruh. That damn Plasma cancel is almost unseeable. Lol. I actually had to lean forward a bit when somone was doing it. Thank God its a bar of energy

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Did I not hear that less is more with this variation? I believe a few people were saying that you get more damage without the laser cancels in most situations...

I think we shouldn't be focusing on laser cancels, for two reasons:

1) someone earlier in the thread showed that in most cases, laser cancel leads to decreased damage.
2) Hellfire Scorpion received a Fireball Cancel nerf, potentially indicating that such cancels are not intentional designs. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we see laser cancel nerfs.

I'd like to see more discussion about strategy, combos, etc. that don't involve laser canceling.

I think we shouldn't be focusing on laser cancels, for two reasons:

1) someone earlier in the thread showed that in most cases, laser cancel leads to decreased damage.
2) Hellfire Scorpion received a Fireball Cancel nerf, potentially indicating that such cancels are not intentional designs. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we see laser cancel nerfs.

I'd like to see more discussion about strategy, combos, etc. that don't involve laser canceling.

This logic is ridiculous, if he has cancels then there is no reason why we shouldn't try to find a useful application for it. If i were to find a 60% 1bar combo should I just assume NRS didn't intend for it to be possible and forget about it?

Edit: Found this just to prove a point, predator can do B3,1 plasma caster cancel, 2,1,2xrun 1,2,2xscimitar stab. thats 27% meterless damage off his low starter thats unattainable without cancels. Thats just an example, im sure he can get more from it.

Last edited:
Hellfire Scorpion received a Fireball Cancel nerf, potentially indicating that such cancels are not intentional designs. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we see laser cancel nerfs.
Geez everytime ppl say "cancel will get nerfed cuz hellfire got nerfed" thats simply not true hellfire cancels were +20 and he could loop it 3 times while building 95% of one bar of meter and dealing 8% chip damage THATS WHY IT GOT NERFED. The cancels make everys string safe on block while giving u extra, but armorable pressure we should not 100% focus on it but its a good part of Hish Qu ten gameplan. Go to Lui kang section and tell them not to focus on fireball cancels cuz it will get nerfed -.-

and this nonsense "it will get nerfed" Bullshit is so fucking annyoying ,as if NRS just picks good tools from a character and nerfs them to piss on the people who plays them.

I'm just saying that there is a *some* (not "certain") chance based on NRS actions thus far that fireball canceling is perhaps not how they intended certain characters be played. If a laser cancel nerf were to happen, all I said was, I wouldn't be surprised. I never even said I thought that it was going to happen. I think there's just as much of a chance that it *won't* get nerfed (i.e. Dragon's Fire Liu Kang still has his after several patches). You guys got way too defensive way too fast.

I just don't like the speed with which this thread devolved into a discussion over laser canceling in less than 24 hours since release when there's still so much more to be explored and discussed about the base character.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think ex cloak probably gets the most "use" with this variation. Being able to stay back and then activate no chip damage in a pinch is extremely helpful. You also get the benefit of making his predictable 50/50 less predictable. Just putting some thoughts out there.

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
32/3 low blast, 122/12 low blast, f212/f21 low blast he has mixups
Yes I was trying out back 31 (close) low shot...... and back 311 (close) low shot and the computer couldn't even try to reversal.... Not even the start ups would come out! Like anything cut short into low close shot seems to be a true block string!!!