What's new

Breakthrough - Jacqui Briggs [Pre-XL] The New Jacqui in MKX Online Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
@Rip Torn yo @scarsunseen was right. I was playing my friend in the beta in SG Jacqui vs A-List Cage. So one time I tried to use a the new EX BF2 WU and he poked me with D1 and I was hit out of it, lit up for a split second and lost my bar. If you poke in the early part of the WU right when I'm coming up she gets poked out of the armor. Was this always the case or new to the patch?

Prepatch I never used it on WU so I wouldn't know. If I ever get balsy I would do EX BF1 or EX BF4. This has to be a glitch right? If people learn they can just low poke an armored WU for free then it will become useless.
Ok, I believe you guys. It still hasn't happened to me but I've had similar stuff happen with Kitana where Quan Chi's njp beat my armored ex DB2. It must be some sort of glitch. I always thought that it might just be an input error on my part...

Might as well tag @16 Bit since that's the whole point of this beta.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Ok, I believe you guys. It still hasn't happened to me but I've had similar stuff happen with Kitana where Quan Chi's njp beat my armored ex DB2. It must be some sort of glitch. I always thought that it might just be an input error on my part...

Might as well tag @16 Bit since that's the whole point of this beta.
Johnny Cage's D4 beat my ex-BF2 twice in a row... literally twice in a row.

ex-BF2 got stuffed the first time by his D4, so then I thought "I'll get him this time instead", but stuffed again. I don't think there's armor on the beginning start-up frames.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Johnny Cage's D4 beat my ex-BF2 twice in a row... literally twice in a row.

ex-BF2 got stuffed the first time by his D4, so then I thought "I'll get him this time instead", but stuffed again. I don't think there's armor on the beginning start-up frames.
Maybe it's supposed to be that way, or maybe they just messed up the armor properties/timing.

Ok just want to add feedback. Been having several game dsynch and it appears I have more difficulty landing combos and doing cancels prior to the game desynching. Also been having trouble landing njp with Jacqui in the corner. The response time is still much better n I can't feel the input lag like in the original version.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
The armor poke out thing (single-hit, non-intentional armor stuffing) isn't exclusive to Jacqui. It rarely happens, but I've accidentally poked out or been poked out of armor for several characters. I can't really think of a character where I haven't done that at least once to.
Not sure if that means the armor doesn't trigger until a specific frame or if it's a glitch, but it's been a thing for a while.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Sounds like theory fighting. I always hear how easy it is for "some" people, but rarely see it used outside of combos. If it was that easy I would see it used as an AA, as you claim, which I rarely if ever see. Just like no one can hit D'Vorah's B1 cancel 10/10 times in a real pace of a match, but claim it's easy once you practice. Unless you can show me otherwise in actual matches it's theory fighting.
Well I have played @sn_meruem quite a lot in these days of Beta testing, he uses skanky leg well both in combo and as anti air.
@kelevra does that too, it is not theory fighting.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't think he meant it you specifically saying it. Moreso the reaction. It seems like a lot of people are coming out saying "omg can you believeeeeee what Jacqui can doooooo?" when those of us who have played Jacqui from Day 1 have been doing 95% of what Sonic did since April. I know I have, literally daily for months. I've watched @scarsunseen stream and seen the exact same thing I saw Sonic do. I know some others who have. The clear difference I saw in Sonic was his ability to use SL so often in the neutral and on AA reads, something that is usually once in a blue moon from players, but everything else was the same.

So for some of us who have been carrying people across the screen and doing 50% in the corner since mid 2014, it's like "wow really? We post this stuff it gets barely read but Sonic streams some Jacqui and she's godlike overnight?" lol. She's good, great in certain MUs, bad in other MUs. But the reaction has been "wow look at the new top tier Sonic found" which is so far from the truth for multiple reasons.
This is the same story with Mileena and Foxy lmao.

stosn

Noob
Don't you think that it is too much?
She is ok without these buffs, good mid tier character. Now she got safe armor ( 23fr startup, so its can be breaking with fast 2-hit moves ). and that's all she got in beta ( 23 low - It does not change anything ).

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
yea, but anyway she will be mid tier char
Overall, yes. Jacqui is a really weird character. Full auto in particular has quite a few match ups where she destroys the opponent, but loses badly to characters that have good air specials. That's why I dont like seeing more options that strengthen the good match ups and do little or nothing for the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.