What's new

Breakthrough Possible corner reset

So after reading about Pig's tech, ending combos with Shackles then d1 > b2. After that if the opponent is in the corner we go into MB Arachnide (better if the gap before the unblockable projectile is covered by trait). In the video I have what could be a corner reset which starts after b2 in Pig's tech combo. It doesn't have to go into stage transition, I just did it here. Not sure if this could be practical at all but here it comes))

Pig Of The Hut
JHCRANE 14
WoundCowboy

Reset #666.1

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So after reading about Pig's tech, ending combos with Shackles then d1 > b2. After that if the opponent is in the corner we go into MB Arachnide (better if the gap before the unblockable projectile is covered by trait). In the video I have what could be a corner reset which starts after b2 in Pig's tech combo. It doesn't have to go into stage transition, I just did it here. Not sure if this could be practical at all but here it comes))

Pig Of The Hut
JHCRANE 14
WoundCowboy

very very cool and practical

thanks

L0rdoftheFLY

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!

Pig Of The Hut
JHCRANE 14
WoundCowboy

That looks very legit. Thanks. At work right now, then to the lab.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok, after getting home and experimenting with this I believe this is totally legit. So far this is what I have found.

You can loop this over and over again as long as you have trait and meter. So the actual combo is.....Corner.....(d1-*b2-arachnid-blocked*-mb arachnid-trait-1-shackles-j2-d1-reset) 20%. You can do this 3x in a row if your trait and meter are full. You can also stop at shackles and countinue a combo or do a level transition. ***Of course all of this gets blown up if the opponent realises you are not using trait between arachnid and mb arachnid. This gap can be combo punished if not covered by trait.***

Also I have found what I believe to be his highest damage and most consistent combo's off this block string.

(d1-*b2-arachnid-blocked*-mb arachnid-trait-111-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-2-shackles-j2-d1-mix-up) 40%
(d1-*b2-arachnid-blocked*-mb arachnid-trait-111-arachnid-trait-3-arachnid-trait-2-shackles-j2-22d2) 47% Leaves opponent in corner with a hard knockdown.

Great work Legion.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You guys have taken him into Quan Chi territory. Consider me very very interested :)

I've been playing with the reset in the corner. It's definitely more effective to just do 1 shackles after the trait and not d1. Fun stuff.

Yeah, you guys are absolutely right. I think the gap in the MB Arachnide needs to be covered by trait until you undestand that your opponent is dedicated to blocking it and not risking just eating a more damaging corner combo. What I like is if you do Arachnide right you can hit confirm it and not do the MB version, and do one of JHCRANE 14's devastating corner loops that will end in shakcles. I think it is possible to delay the MB unblockable in Arachnide so if the trait hits after the first hit of regular Arachnide you can stop, and without doing the MB you just go to 1 Shackles - This needs to be checked, but if it is the case it would still be a mind game and possible to loop one more time even if you only have one shot of trait left.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
JHCRANE 14
Pig Of The Hut

Ok, I don't know if you guys have done the math on this yet... But let's say they don't try to armor out of the unblockable, meaning you save your trait for the corner infinite seen above in this thread. Theoretically with the right spacing to end in the corner, you could land this:

Jp2, B13, B3, Jp3, B12 Shackles, Jp2, D1 (reset in the corner) -- B2 Arachnid MB, Trait, 1 Shackles, Jp2, D1 -- B2 Arachnid MB, Trait, 1 Shackles, Jp2, D1-- B2 Arachnid MB, Trait, 1 Shackles, Jp2, F2 D1 3 --

34% + 20% + 20% + 26% = 100%

You guys have definitely found the Quan of Injustice. It's not as perfect as the Rune trap was, but it's damn close. With stage transition it's 107%.

For me he is Shang charactervise))I play Shang in MK9. But yeah)He needs it) I have found something else))but I want to record it first and IT will probably deserve its own thread)

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
JHCRANE 14
Pig Of The Hut

Ok, I don't know if you guys have done the math on this yet... But let's say they don't try to armor out of the unblockable, meaning you save your trait for the corner infinite seen above in this thread. Theoretically with the right spacing to end in the corner, you could land this:

Jp2, B13, B3, Jp3, B12 Shackles, Jp2, D1 (reset in the corner) -- B2 Arachnid MB, Trait, 1 Shackles, Jp2, D1 -- B2 Arachnid MB, Trait, 1 Shackles, Jp2, D1-- B2 Arachnid MB, Trait, 1 Shackles, Jp2, F2 D1 3 --

You guys have definitely found the Quan of Injustice. It's not as perfect as the Rune trap was, but it's damn close. With stage transition it's 107%.
The only problem with this is a b3 in the corner will either launch the opponent over your head; putting you in the corner or send them thru a level transition. So this would be very difficult to perform, but you are correct with the right spacing this can be done.

Also I believe your first combo is 30%. If I am not mistaken the 34% is finished with the b213 combo.....the reset is 30%. However, I am not including the jump punch to start the combo.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
For me he is Shang charactervise))I play Shang in MK9. But yeah)He needs it) I have found something else))but I want to record it first and IT will probably deserve its own thread)
He reminds me of 4 different characters from mk9. Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, and Scorpion. I will explain that latter.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
JHCRANE 14
Pig Of The Hut

LEGEND

LEGEND

YES!
JHCRANE 14
Pig Of The Hut

You have no idea how happy this makes me

Welcome to the corps Mr Mayo

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You have no idea how happy this makes me

Welcome to the corps Mr Mayo
When I saw the trailer for Sinestro, I told my team "I wanna check him out. There's something Quan about him. He just seems really...weird." This stuff just proved it. I've wanted to start playing him, but not until I had an understanding of the game. Catwoman has been teaching me that. I plan to start learning Sinestro in about a week or 2. But count me in.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
this is good, very good :) i just wish sineestro could wake up Pig Of The Hut :( certain characters can free 50/50 him on wake up and lobo can end any of his combos into MB chain grab and immediately command grab and sinestro can't do a thing about it if lobo times it properly, but thats not what this thread is for lol

this is good, very good :) i just wish sineestro could wake up Pig Of The Hut :( certain characters can free 50/50 him on wake up and lobo can end any of his combos into MB chain grab and immediately command grab and sinestro can't do a thing about it if lobo times it properly, but thats not what this thread is for lol
Yeah, dude, we praise our Yellow leader here! And we've got a mid screen reset now:)

JHCRANE 14
Pig Of The Hut

holy shit. I must attempt this immediately

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
He reminds me of 4 different characters from mk9. Shang Tsung, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, and Scorpion. I will explain that latter.
Ok, let me explain.

#1 Shang Tsung : He reminds me of Shang Tsung in some of his specials and tactics. Obviously the straight fireball-triple fireball are the most similar moves that these characters have in common and they are used the same way. Use fireball to zone your opponent and when they jump to avoid it hit them with the triple fireball and put them full screen. Shang Tsung also has up skull which falls from the sky very similar to Sinestro's meteors. Shang Tsung also has ground skulls that leads to combos; Sinestro has shackles which leads to combos. So Shang Tsung and Sinestro both zone you from multiple angles. However, Many of Shang Tsung's specials are safe on block where as Sinestro's are not; this is where they are different. Which leads me to character #2 Noob Saibot.

#2 Noob Saibot: He reminds me of Noob Saibot in that when you play as him you have draw an imaginary line 1/2 screen to 3/4 screen and know when to and when not to spam projectiles. When Noob Saibot is 3/4 to full screen away from his opponent he wants to spam shadow run and shadow slide as much as possible with the mix-up of the teleport. When an opponent approaches 1/2 screen you want to stop spamming projectiles and completely change your game plan to shadow up-kick, footies, and chain combos. Sinestro follows this to a T. When an opponent is 3/4 to full screen away spam fearblast, meteors, and shackles as much as possible. When the opponent approaches 1/2 screen abandon your projectiles and rely on your constructs: d2, b3, and b1 to play a game of footies zoner to land combos.

#3 Quan Chi: He reminds me of Quan Chi in his trait. Meaning that Sinestro's tier ranking and match up chart fluctuates in game depending on wether or not he has access to his trait or what I like to call "Liquid Characters". Quan Chi is very similar in this regard with his EX: Rune Trap. When Quan Chi has no meter he is a fairly poor character but when he has meter he is one of the most dangerous characters in the game. While Sinestro's gap between no trait and trait is not as severe as Quan Chi's meter-no meter the principle is the same. In my opinion Sinestro no trait maybe 12-15 Sinestro with trait is top 5 for sure. So he falls somewhere in the top 10 if you continually keep his trait out.

#4 Scorpion: The more I play Sinestro the more I see he is a guessing game character. Full screen mix-up between fearblast, meteor, and shackles. He also has his d1 mix-up and his wake up vortex putting the opponent in a guessing game where if you guess right you win you guess wrong you lose. While Scorpion has this built into his character to a much higher degree; Sinestro is still someone who has to take risks to really gain the upper hand in a match.

Not that this really means anything or has value, but I just wanted to post this.

Thoughts???

legion666
Pig Of The Hut

Ok, let me explain.

#1 Shang Tsung : He reminds me of Shang Tsung in some of his specials and tactics. Obviously the straight fireball-triple fireball are the most similar moves that these characters have in common and they are used the same way. Use fireball to zone your opponent and when they jump to avoid it hit them with the triple fireball and put them full screen. Shang Tsung also has up skull which falls from the sky very similar to Sinestro's meteors. Shang Tsung also has ground skulls that leads to combos; Sinestro has shackles which leads to combos. So Shang Tsung and Sinestro both zone you from multiple angles. However, Many of Shang Tsung's specials are safe on block where as Sinestro's are not; this is where they are different. Which leads me to character #2 Noob Saibot.

#2 Noob Saibot: He reminds me of Noob Saibot in that when you play as him you have draw an imaginary line 1/2 screen to 3/4 screen and know when to and when not to spam projectiles. When Noob Saibot is 3/4 to full screen away from his opponent he wants to spam shadow run and shadow slide as much as possible with the mix-up of the teleport. When an opponent approaches 1/2 screen you want to stop spamming projectiles and completely change your game plan to shadow up-kick, footies, and chain combos. Sinestro follows this to a T. When an opponent is 3/4 to full screen away spam fearblast, meteors, and shackles as much as possible. When the opponent approaches 1/2 screen abandon your projectiles and rely on your constructs: d2, b3, and b1 to play a game of footies zoner to land combos.

#3 Quan Chi: He reminds me of Quan Chi in his trait. Meaning that Sinestro's tier ranking and match up chart fluctuates in game depending on wether or not he has access to his trait or what I like to call "Liquid Characters". Quan Chi is very similar in this regard with his EX: Rune Trap. When Quan Chi has no meter he is a fairly poor character but when he has meter he is one of the most dangerous characters in the game. While Sinestro's gap between no trait and trait is not as severe as Quan Chi's meter-no meter the principle is the same. In my opinion Sinestro no trait maybe 12-15 Sinestro with trait is top 5 for sure. So he falls somewhere in the top 10 if you continually keep his trait out.

#4 Scorpion: The more I play Sinestro the more I see he is a guessing game character. Full screen mix-up between fearblast, meteor, and shackles. He also has his d1 mix-up and his wake up vortex putting the opponent in a guessing game where if you guess right you win you guess wrong you lose. While Scorpion has this built into his character to a much higher degree; Sinestro is still someone who has to take risks to really gain the upper hand in a match.

Not that this really means anything or has value, but I just wanted to post this.

Thoughts???
I mained noob saibot in mk9 and I completely agree. Especially now that resets were found with him. One of my favorite things about noob saibot were his portal resets. Sinestro now has a reset and though very different I can't get the grin off of my face every time I pull one of its variations off. He is also like Noob in the sense that he sucks when someone is too close but has good range with his constructs . The range on his constructs make it difficult enough to get too close to him. They completely obliterate careless dashing as well which I find awesome. Sometimes ill spam boulders until the person realizes "oh shit i have to dash" and by the time they do they're so pissed and just dash carelessly and boom.... heres my construct slapping you in the face. Noob was exactly the same in that he used his shadow in his strings instead of a construct and it gave him a good amount of distance with his bnbs.