What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

Immortal

Blind justice....
With 22 you can immediately do a special move, so reverse the input and it will come out and combo. Try hitting 22 into exdb4b with possessed kenshi, there's plenty potential
Yeah i've noticed that but for some odd reason i can't get this consistently (link after 22).

I don't know how to deal with pressure and someone in my face. I typically play rushdown characters and I am used to applying pressure. I know the obvious thing people will say are block. But what strings should I use to help some offense up close.

What are some general strategies for Kenshi?

I'm looking for a character that can control space and zone, is Kenshi a good option? Was thinking about Ermac also.

ruff321

Noob
I was playing against some guy and I experienced a weird glitch with kenshi. For some reason when you do the EN sickle lift on the sky temple stage he opponent is stuck in the air. Me and my opponent were in the corner and when I did the sickle lift the demon turned HUGE and went away. He couldn't do anything unless I hit him with something. Anyone else experienced this? I wish I have it on video but for some reason my ps4 recorded only 1 min of the match soo sadly no footage.

Last edited:

Shipetopic

50/50 is the best town to live in !
Help. Went online and got blown up. Couldn't land a hit,need help/tips. Also,which variation should I main and why?
Did u get pressured? Then we need to figure out escape options, fast noramls, pokes and Ex moves with armor.
Does Kenjitsu variation has faster normals ?

TDD

Noob
Hey guys, I'm a newbie player (the last fighting game I seriously played was Tekken 3/MK4 and that was ages ago) but I'm hoping these vids can help someone out. Thanks for posting all these combos, it really speeds up the learning process of the game.

http://a.pomf.se/xkuxxb.webm

Bit tricky to land the last part.

And here's the 2 bar version, tho it doesn't feel worth it to use the bar on tele flurry for just extra 3% damage.
http://a.pomf.se/zldhfe.webm

The combination is for balanced Kenshi:
B1 xx DB1 xx F32 xx EX DB1 xx BF3

It deals 34%/39%/42% damage depending on having you landed the last tele flurry and used EX bar or not.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Pretty sure I figured out the possessed vortex @Pig Of The Hut was talking about. End a combo into 22 xx teleport (have to reverse the inputs on the teleport). Pressure with nj2 on the way down, which they will block, but frametrap themselves into the followups. Since Kenshi has overhead and low starter strings (can't remember inputs, at work :confused:) that can be cancelled and combo'd off of, you can terminate in the 22 xx teleport again and keep them in the blender. Thoughts?

StevoSuprem0

hi, can someone tell me how to read the combos ;-; im a noob ;-;
There's a post earlier in the thread with notations.
Here it is again, compliments of @FrothyOmen
Number = Xbox = Playstation
1 = X = Square
2 = Y = Triangle
3 = A = X
4 = B = Circle

f = forward
b = back
u = up
d = down
jip = jump in punch
jik = jump in kick
njp = neutral jump punch
njk = neutral jump kick
xx or ~ = cancel (i.e. f32 xx db1, which could also be written f32 xx rising karma)
EN or EX = Enhanced move (i.e. db1+block, also could be written db1+blk, db1 EX, EX db1, EX rising karma, EX rk, etc.)

That should be pretty much everything i think

There's a post earlier in the thread with notations.
Here it is again, compliments of @FrothyOmen
Number = Xbox = Playstation
1 = X = Square
2 = Y = Triangle
3 = A = X
4 = B = Circle

f = forward
b = back
u = up
d = down
jip = jump in punch
jik = jump in kick
njp = neutral jump punch
njk = neutral jump kick
xx or ~ = cancel (i.e. f32 xx db1, which could also be written f32 xx rising karma)
EN or EX = Enhanced move (i.e. db1+block, also could be written db1+blk, db1 EX, EX db1, EX rising karma, EX rk, etc.)

That should be pretty much everything i think
thank you

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pretty sure I figured out the possessed vortex @Pig Of The Hut was talking about. End a combo into 22 xx teleport (have to reverse the inputs on the teleport). Pressure with nj2 on the way down, which they will block, but frametrap themselves into the followups. Since Kenshi has overhead and low starter strings (can't remember inputs, at work :confused:) that can be cancelled and combo'd off of, you can terminate in the 22 xx teleport again and keep them in the blender. Thoughts?
Yea he has two

Possessed
B1 ex db4 nj2 f32 ex db4 22 into vortex options
1. Reverse input db2 tele mix up
2. Reverse input ex db4 launcher
3. B3

Kenjitsu vortex example
F2 ex df1 b1 ex db4 ji2 d1 <----+16 on hit

Guarantees vortex options which are

1. F2 ex df1 combo
2. Ex df1
3. B3 df1
4. B3 ex df1
5. 311
6. 31 ex df1

^^^^ this shit is B-A-N-A-N-A-S

It's working so well

StevoSuprem0

Yea he has two

Possessed
B1 ex db4 nj2 f32 ex db4 22 into vortex options
1. Reverse input db2 tele mix up
2. Reverse input ex db4 launcher
3. B3

Kenjitsu vortex example
F2 ex df1 b1 ex db4 ji2 d1 <----+16 on hit

Guarantees vortex options which are

1. F2 ex df1 combo
2. Ex df1
3. B3 df1
4. B3 ex df1
5. 311
6. 31 ex df1

^^^^ this shit is B-A-N-A-N-A-S

It's working so well
They gave WAYYYYY too much advantage on some of these pokes hahaha. Gonna need to start experimenting with them on some of the other characters I'm feeling out. Thanks dude.

Ah, there we go. That's the missing piece to the puzzle that I needed. I should've known after I saw the Quan Vortex vid. I wonder how many characters in this game have some fruity stuff like this.

Pig Of The Hut

Ah, there we go. That's the missing piece to the puzzle that I needed. I should've known after I saw the Quan Vortex vid. I wonder how many characters in this game have some fruity stuff like this.
Lol see my status update of all recent vortexs confirmed

There's at least 4 more I didn't list

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Lol see my status update of all recent vortexs confirmed

There's at lead more I didn't list
Played around with this online just now and got my first piece of MKX hate mail after taking someone's life bar with it.

I had a feeling 22 was gonna lead to something dirty. Just took masterminds such as yourself to flush it out.

Genius!

Pig Of The Hut

Played around with this online just now and got my first piece of MKX hate mail after taking someone's life bar with it.

I had a feeling 22 was gonna lead to something dirty. Just took masterminds such as yourself to flush it out.

Genius!
I'm telling u that Kenjutsu vortex is so bad ass :)

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I dont think that this posessed vortex is very good.
Blocking low eliminnates b3 and ex db4 so ur left with tele mix up or df4 which does like 7% ?