What's new

Personally hate the tier list

swag1

EX smash solves all
I forgot to say, when I posted this, I was referring to myself as a newcomer to TYM, when I had not fully decided my main. I was leaning towards Skarlet, then "oh, over half the cast has an advantage over her", kind of deflated my desire to play as her.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I picked Sonya up when she was near enough bottom tier, found loads of crazy shit with her and I think shes one of the most broken characters in this game.

You just gotta look into your character and dig up some serious dirt. Tier lists are pointless, almost like an attempt for players to say that the character they play is bad so that they feel better when winning against everybody else, or an excuse for losing.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Id have to disagree, smokes biggest weakness is his wakup game, and what do you mean with his meter building because I think he is not a character that builds meter very well compared to others
Oh yea his wakeup game is his weakest

here's some specifics about Smoke:

8 Blocked Smoke Clouds = 1 Meter
28 Whiffed Smoke Clouds = 1 Meter
18 Air-Throws = 1 Meter
18 Whiffed Teleports = 1 Meter

Another important thing is that if you have like lets say 5% after his combo and he is expecting a wake-up he will Ex Smoke Bomb you. If you aren't blocking it's 10% and basically a free win to the round. If you do block its 2% chip and it stands you up. He might resort to this near the end of a fight. if you block it, even if you lose the round, at least he loses 1 meter.

1.) This is by far the best meter building string, its a 214 Smoke Cloud. it deals 5% chip which is great, and the pushback on the 4 makes the Smoke Cloud safe. It's a 3 hit combo and Smoke Cloud builds a crap load of meter on top of that. 3 of those is a full meter.

2.) 3D12 is his combo starter, it's safe on block Also, most Smoke's do not block after 3D12. It's a weird string, it doesn't look safe at ALL, but it is.

3.) B14 Smoke Towards / Away. he probably won't use this at all since it only does 4% chip, but it is unpunishable if he does it, as in nothing will catch him. Luckily every smoke player I've come across doesn't know this string, so you should be fine.

not to mention constant akuma teleport build meter

I picked Sonya up when she was near enough bottom tier, found loads of crazy shit with her and I think shes one of the most broken characters in this game.

You just gotta look into your character and dig up some serious dirt. Tier lists are pointless, almost like an attempt for players to say that the character they play is bad so that they feel better when winning against everybody else, or an excuse for losing.
same here, i pick sonya since day 1, i love her speed and, of corse, her dive kick <3

Past

Noob
Viability is more important than tier placement. I don't mind being at a disadvantage, but the same time I don't want anyone to get laughed at for their character selection.

Oh yea his wakeup game is his weakest

here's some specifics about Smoke:

8 Blocked Smoke Clouds = 1 Meter
28 Whiffed Smoke Clouds = 1 Meter
18 Air-Throws = 1 Meter
18 Whiffed Teleports = 1 Meter

Another important thing is that if you have like lets say 5% after his combo and he is expecting a wake-up he will Ex Smoke Bomb you. If you aren't blocking it's 10% and basically a free win to the round. If you do block its 2% chip and it stands you up. He might resort to this near the end of a fight. if you block it, even if you lose the round, at least he loses 1 meter.

1.) This is by far the best meter building string, its a 214 Smoke Cloud. it deals 5% chip which is great, and the pushback on the 4 makes the Smoke Cloud safe. It's a 3 hit combo and Smoke Cloud builds a crap load of meter on top of that. 3 of those is a full meter.

2.) 3D12 is his combo starter, it's safe on block Also, most Smoke's do not block after 3D12. It's a weird string, it doesn't look safe at ALL, but it is.

3.) B14 Smoke Towards / Away. he probably won't use this at all since it only does 4% chip, but it is unpunishable if he does it, as in nothing will catch him. Luckily every smoke player I've come across doesn't know this string, so you should be fine.

not to mention constant akuma teleport build meter
very true, totally forgot about blocked smoke bombs

DanX4

Noob
I honestly believe every character in this game has what it takes to win in the right hands (or at least almost every character).

And about Smoke, yeah he's a beast. He can stay on you with like his teleport at the end of his combos or something. He can give you no breathing room.

JagoMIH

Noob
3,d+1,2 is supposed to give advantage on block. You should always be able to get a d+1 in after, and if they try to jump away the d+1 catches them and you can run in for more d+1s into smoke bomb combos.

b+2,3 is also great, they have to block that everytime after they get hit with d+4.

Didn't know about b+1,4, that's pretty interesting. :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
3,d+1,2 is supposed to give advantage on block. You should always be able to get a d+1 in after, and if they try to jump away the d+1 catches them and you can run in for more d+1s into smoke bomb combos.

b+2,3 is also great, they have to block that everytime after they get hit with d+4.

Didn't know about b+1,4, that's pretty interesting. :)
yea i kind of play w him too :)