What's new

Personal Sektor Guide

Altaire

Noob
Ermac's 3,1,2 has a big weakness. If you duck block the 3 then let go of block you can uppercut Ermac as he does his 1,2. I NEVER do this anymore since my sparing partners do this every time now that we all know about this.

I'm going to try this 1,1 stuff out this weekend. Since it doesn't seem to be an actual frametrap I'm thinking that 1,2 would work just as well and follow it up with a b1 or 2 at the end here and there. Regardless, I don't think this will actually help Sektor's game... but we'll see.
Wow, that's a fucking letdown. I've yet to have that happen, somehow. Still, Ermac can punish anything Mileena does for big damage, so I'd still say he's one of her worst matchups.

I suppose 1 1 isn't such a great frame trap unless you can find some way to mix it up, but oh well. I'll see what can be done with it.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
After a few good games against some peeps I can say that 1,2 adds a new dimension to Sektor. I would recommend it over 1,1 since 1,2,b1 is a huge threat. While it's not a frame trap by any means it's still a guessing game with good pressure... very similar to Scorpion.

So, when you do 1,2 and they respect the possibility of b1, you can get another 1,2 in for free. They also can not jump over or out without getting hit if you spam 1 fast enough. The best trade off is when they think you will not do b1 and you do; you get your BnB combo minus the first 2 hits.

Here's where you lose in the mind game. If you opponent reads that you will do 1,2 then another 1,2 he can:
low poke or d1
reptile dash
kung lao spin
kabal ex dash
(others i'm sure, but these are just the ones I played with yesterday)

So in the end, Sektor has some other aspects to his up close game. I would still stay his zone is his calling card however. I would recommend 1,2 pressure over 1,1 pressure since 1,2 threatens to go into BnB combo AND can also be linked into an overhead if you see them camping low (1,2,2)... which are both safe on block.

Swift I'm waiting on your strat on how to deal with Kabal. TrickyNick put the hurt on my butt and I'm still thinking about what I can do to negate the kabal chipdown.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Swift I'm waiting on your strat on how to deal with Kabal. TrickyNick put the hurt on my butt and I'm still thinking about what I can do to negate the kabal chipdown.
Hey man, sorry for the quick post, I'll write something up really soon in more detail. The Kabal player I play against on a regular basis is AC1984, so I'd like to think I'm getting some of the best practice around.

Kabal is a really difficult match since there is no easy way to win. When Kabal has no meter spam the hell of of him with strait missiles. I never use up missile on him unless I have just knocked him to force a wake up or a standing block. I try to bait Kabal into messing up; a blocked dash is a full combo for Sektor, and most likely Kabal will not have meter to break it since he has been spending it on EX dashes. For instance, when you are at full range and shooting missiles he might (probably will) try to EX dash threw your missile and into you. You can shoot the missile THEN block the dash if you are at "full screen". Otherwise hit back,forward,nothing and attempt him to EX dash. Sure he can cancel it but he just threw a meter away. Kabal with no meter is a lot less dangerous than you might think.

In terms of wake ups, when you see him attempting to pressure you, EX TU is always there. HOWEVER since Kabal actually takes a step forward when he does his low projectile you will miss him every time! A good trade for Sektor however is Kabal can not air projectile since you can on reaction TU him. When a Kabal player respects this it actually opens the air up for you to be able to jump around here and there!

Getting out of his up close trap is more so knowing Kabal then Sektor. I normally make my leave after a blocked overhead or low by jumping back and kicking on my way out in case he follows me. If the kick hits you can on reaction teleport uppercut. Also doing d1 or b1 in between block strings is an option. b1 is a bit slower than d1 however, but b1 on hit throws them across screen and on block puts you pretty far back. Sektor's uppercut is not as fast as some people on here say it is. It's not a viable strat to uppercut Kabal in between hits in my opinion.

This Sunday is our biggest and final tournament for the Summer for our Philly Locals so we will be doing our best to film every match we can. I'm not sure I'll be using Sektor since we are now allowing DLC characters in preparation for Summer Jam, so Kenshi might be my go to. But if I don't I'll make sure I can get as many matches with Sektor recorded as possible.

Hope this helps!

Hey man, sorry for the quick post, I'll write something up really soon in more detail. The Kabal player I play against on a regular basis is AC1984, so I'd like to think I'm getting some of the best practice around.

Kabal is a really difficult match since there is no easy way to win. When Kabal has no meter spam the hell of of him with strait missiles. I never use up missile on him unless I have just knocked him to force a wake up or a standing block. I try to bait Kabal into messing up; a blocked dash is a full combo for Sektor, and most likely Kabal will not have meter to break it since he has been spending it on EX dashes. For instance, when you are at full range and shooting missiles he might (probably will) try to EX dash threw your missile and into you. You can shoot the missile THEN block the dash if you are at "full screen". Otherwise hit back,forward,nothing and attempt him to EX dash. Sure he can cancel it but he just threw a meter away. Kabal with no meter is a lot less dangerous than you might think.

In terms of wake ups, when you see him attempting to pressure you, EX TU is always there. HOWEVER since Kabal actually takes a step forward when he does his low projectile you will miss him every time! A good trade for Sektor however is Kabal can not air projectile since you can on reaction TU him. When a Kabal player respects this it actually opens the air up for you to be able to jump around here and there!

Getting out of his up close trap is more so knowing Kabal then Sektor. I normally make my leave after a blocked overhead or low by jumping back and kicking on my way out in case he follows me. If the kick hits you can on reaction teleport uppercut. Also doing d1 or b1 in between block strings is an option. b1 is a bit slower than d1 however, but b1 on hit throws them across screen and on block puts you pretty far back. Sektor's uppercut is not as fast as some people on here say it is. It's not a viable strat to uppercut Kabal in between hits in my opinion.

This Sunday is our biggest and final tournament for the Summer for our Philly Locals so we will be doing our best to film every match we can. I'm not sure I'll be using Sektor since we are now allowing DLC characters in preparation for Summer Jam, so Kenshi might be my go to. But if I don't I'll make sure I can get as many matches with Sektor recorded as possible.

Hope this helps!
Tricky's Kabal scared the crap out of me. That instant gas ball jacked up my zoning with Sektor and never thought of EX TU due to being scared of being in his face to get chipped to death. Also jumping in was a no no, he nomad dashed instantly after popping me out of the air into instant chip damage.

Also between his pressure I didn't even try to d anything. I was so determined to get distance I kept trying to spam Sektor's Uppercut and getting combo'd backed into the pressure.

Thanks man, I'll try this.