What's new

Perfect Legend's Raiden

Sokon

宗棍
We here in the Raiden community have spent mouths attempting to get everyone to believe Raiden was shitty and completely unusable character. It tuck everything from not defending our points on why raiden was a top tare character to even loseing majors! What Perfect Legend has done has completely ruined a solid operation of social networking, and further more, put a target on Raiden's head.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
We here in the Raiden community have spent mouths attempting to get everyone to believe Raiden was shitty and completely unusable character. It tuck everything from not defending our points on why raiden was a top tare character to even loseing majors! What Perfect Legend has done has completely ruined a solid operation of social networking, and further more, put a target on Raiden's head.
This may be my favorite post ever. It's just dripping with sarcasm, but at the same time could be read completely sincerely. I would never believe that a whole group of Raiden players had a pact to keep his potential undercover, like a conspiracy. But given how good Raiden actually is an how few times we see one played well in public...I'm almost inclined to believe it!

Sokon

宗棍
This may be my favorite post ever. It's just dripping with sarcasm, but at the same time could be read completely sincerely. I would never believe that a whole group of Raiden players had a pact to keep his potential undercover, like a conspiracy. But given how good Raiden actually is an how few times we see one played well in public...I'm almost inclined to believe it!
Its interesting to note that Pig of the Hut came into our forum talking some heavy smack towards Raiden. I wasn't going to say anything, wasn't going to defend Raiden with words. What needs to be said is that the sum of a player should not be judged by the character he uses, but by the time he practices and the amount of knowledge he has obtained though these practices. Thank you perfect legend, I now have to change my game up a bit to compensate for the overflow of rage sonya's and rage Cyber Sub-zeros; That is if I want to seriously compete in Final Round that is.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Its interesting to note that Pig of the Hut came into our forum talking some heavy smack towards Raiden. I wasn't going to say anything, wasn't going to defend Raiden with words. What needs to be said is that the sum of a player should not be judged by the character he uses, but by the time he practices and the amount of knowledge he has obtained though these practices. Thank you perfect legend, I now have to change my game up a bit to compensate for the overflow of rage sonya's and rage Cyber Sub-zeros; That is if I want to seriously compete in Final Round that is.
I came into your raiden area to challenge and evoke Raidens because at that point i had only seen ONE good raiden and he is beast (b wizz)

Now there are two

Ive yet to seen yours

My count says there are TWO great raidens, all i was asking for is for more to come out and show me their stuff.

Now that PL has put on a well executed "THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY RAIDEN" video i expect many more now and welcome it.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
It was gross. Seriously if I was playing against that Raiden I would have completely froze up and just held the block button lol.

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
Raiden doesn't have a bad matchup. He has 5-5 match ups but no real bad match up. If anyone tries to claim he has a bad match up --> is just a plain asshole.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Sonya would like a word with you

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
compensate for the overflow of rage sonya's and rage Cyber Sub-zeros; That is if I want to seriously compete in Final Round that is.
Well, I was intending on picking up Sonya anyways...there's no way in hell that MU is a 5-5 with Cage. I literally sat there for like 20 minutes just trying to f33 nut punch on reaction; came out maybe 50% of the time. I'll see if 11 nut punch is worth using against the TP; but I'm not sure if there's any guaranteed means of catching it every time.

Not to mention the fact that I've yet to see anyone truly utilize Raiden's EX teleport, yet.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I'm mad people actually thought PL actually fell off at all. He's still in there lol. And I've known about his Raiden for a loooong time now. This character is so gay lol.
Yeah. he never quit. Hes been on xbl for God knows how long playing MK

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
suprized PL is back playing again sticking with his 2 main characters. kung lao doesnt look different or impressive at all, i like how he plays raiden he plays very safe with him and uses teleport wisely. hopfully he shows to the next major

Espio

Kokomo
Sonya would like a word with you
Not that my opinion matters, but I still don't think this match up is that bad for him, he just can't abuse the teleport because of the homing/auto correct effect of the dive kick. Raiden just can't get predictable with it.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I've seen PL play Dizzy's Cage, and he made the match-up look 9-1 in Raiden's favor.

6 fights and iirc, Dizzy didn't win ONE round.
PL has not played a cage or jax that was really good, that dizzy guy sucked ass idc wut any1 says u wanna call me a troll??? DONT CARE. i play johnny cage and if PL played me he wouldnt random teleport as much as he did. i would have made him scared to teleport freely

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I roomed with Slips, and 16bit and dizzy also spent the night. We had casuals. I took games off of slips but he beat me much more. I also played dizzy for the first time and went even with him when I used rain and sektor. (Dont mind my tourny match when I got exposed...I have anxiety attacks and was shaking...lol.)

Next morning PL comes over and we start having casuals. I play him first and win the first game against raiden....and then bodies me the next 5 games with his raiden. His kung lao vs slips was in his favor and his raiden was in favor against 16bit. (Not to downplay either player clearly...). Watching PL play may look scrubby as hell but YOU have no idea how fast and smart he plays until YOU play him.

I also got to play PL's KL the next day in casuals. He has the BEST KL and Raiden in the USA. The detail of the tech and why its so good will be explained in the podcast and naysayers be damned....

PL has a great chance of taking EVO again. That is all.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I bought a game with the illusion that it has several, playable characters. Playing 4000 games with Jade online I've had to realize that there are those characters that the game is built around and then the rest. I'm extremely disappointed at the poorness of MK9. I refuse to play Kung Lao just because he's the one the creators turned into godmode.
that sig of yours might be one of the most ridiculous things ive read in a long while...

What I don't get is that certain raiden matches I've seen, people were actually punishing raiden's teleport consistently but not one punish was given to pl's teleports. Did I miss something or is raiden's teleport unpunnishable?

What I don't get is that certain raiden matches I've seen, people were actually punishing raiden's teleport consistently but not one punish was given to pl's teleports. Did I miss something or is raiden's teleport unpunnishable?
the huge problem against PL is that he plays so fast and thinks so fast, it will make your brain explode

s

Raiden, like Scorpion and Kung Lao, has no bad matchups,
Granted he might have a general disadvantage here or there (like Mileenas d4)

As for that Raiden that PLs got there, divine wind on that.
scorpion has no bad matchups? Kung lao doesnt have bad matchups? I wont comment on KL since I don't play him, but scorpion obviously has his bad matchups

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
PL played a very smart brainy Raiden, very nice to watch. The guy is very clever for this game, we have to admit it, hehe :D