What's new

PDP MKX pad delayed...??

MK9

Noob
I had this preordered through amazon and I just got an email saying it's delayed to May 1st. GameStop still has it being released on the 8th but they said that could change if there is a delay. Can someone contact one of their connections over at pdp and see if this will be delayed till after the game releases.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
May 1st? That's news to me. I preordered mine through Gamestop and the original release was today April 1st. Now they changed it ot the 8th on there website. At least Amazon let their customers aware of the changes. Gamestop or PDP didn't bother to say anything until we asked them.

As far as I know PDP posted we should get it before MKX is release from their twitter page.

https://twitter.com/PDPgaming/status/583343097502834688

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
I ordered my MK X fightpad off Amazon. I received an delivery estimate email this morning informing me I'll get the MK X fightpad Wednesday, April 15 - Thursday, April 16. smh I really thought the fightpads would be delivered on April 1 or couple days after. I wasn't expecting to get the fightpad when or after the MK X game debut.

I've been stalking GameStop like crazy for the past week here in Chicago! Then like magic, there are stores that have been getting them in all day today , in very limited supply . So now I'm refreshing my browser every half hour , hoping and praying that the GameStop across the street from me gets them in today

#TheStruggle

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I was just about to search for one of the PDP pad review threads to ask if anyone knew wtf was going on with this. GameStop is giving me the runaround telling me they got an email saying it's delayed until June with the 360 and PS3 versions of the game as if that makes any sense, then when they check on their little computers they're retracting that and acting like they should have it today or tomorrow.

So now my concern is if I check back tomorrow and they don't have it, then wtf? My Madcatz fightpad is barely operable right now and I'm nervous at this point.

Even when I use the GameStop website to check it makes it seem like it should be out and I can search a store near me to pick it up at, but then when I do try to search my zip code nothing happens. This is frustrating...

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Lol, people are actually looking forward to that pad? It looks like ass to me, and as soon as I heard reviews I was disinterested. The d pad is said to not be the most accurate, though it has a good feel to it. And that was a problem with the Pro Circuit pad for the 360, and it was absolutely irritating. No thanks. I want to be able to rely on my inputs, and the ps4 pad is perfect for just that. Just my personal opinion. Not trying to be the voice of the MKX PDP pads.

C-Sword

Noob
I have read nothing but positive reviews so far, plus if @9.95 says it's a good pad, it's a good pad.

No way am I using the DS4 for fighting games.

Lol, people are actually looking forward to that pad? It looks like ass to me, and as soon as I heard reviews I was disinterested. The d pad is said to not be the most accurate, though it has a good feel to it. And that was a problem with the Pro Circuit pad for the 360, and it was absolutely irritating. No thanks. I want to be able to rely on my inputs, and the ps4 pad is perfect for just that. Just my personal opinion. Not trying to be the voice of the MKX PDP pads.
nobody cares about your opinion

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I have read nothing but positive reviews so far, plus if @9.95 says it's a good pad, it's a good pad.

No way am I using the DS4 for fighting games.
It very easily could be a good pad. It's still early. Maybe some of the reviewers talking about the directional input errors just got bad units. I have wasted a lot of money in the past for these type of third party controllers trying to find an alternative to the 360 controller. Hopefully someone truly does it right for fighting games.

WynterEnd

Your sacrifice honors me!
Just wanted to give this update. I ordered it from Amazon on April 1st. Just got an email today saying it will be arriving this Friday April 10th.

I think if you want one you'll have it in your hands as you power on the game the first time

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I got one from GameStop today and it's amazing for Johnny Cage and terrible for Dudley (so far). The dpad is just so much tinier than what I'm used to I can't get half circles off of cancelled normals to save my life. Should kick ass for MK though and I hope I just have to get used to it for SF since this is literally day one.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

^^^ This is not true. I got my pad today and it feels really responsive and the pad feels really good.

For the last week I've been on a wild goose chase to find one for the Xbox One/360 here in Chicago. This weekend they slowly started popping up EVERYWHERE but only for the PS4/PS3 . I'm glad to report that I finally got my hands on one for the Xbox!

The lovely lady at the Gamestop also told me that MKX for the PS3 is delayed until June...