What's new

PDP Klassic Stick and it's components?

B W1zZ

Noob
Ok so I jumped on that deal and bought a klassic pdp stick for 60 bucks...my question is are the parts inside of the stick of a good quality? Is there any reason to mod this stick with new parts/switches or should it be fine to use the way it is? Dark_Rob Tim Static

DanCock

Cock Master!!
oh damn i would have sold you my xbox pdp for like 30 bucks lolol.. i really need to package my xbox shit up soon..

B W1zZ

Noob
The switches are Cherry's so with this PDP, your good. Rob never even modded his Klassic PDPs and neither did i, even tho i ended up selling mine. For $60 this is a killer deal. :coffee:
I'm actually considering getting another one of these just for collection/MK purposes lol. I read the tournament edition sticks had non-genuine suzo happ parts or whatever and the whole cherry switch thing so I was just curious. Thanks man ;0

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
I got the PDP TE stick a year ago and "upgraded" with an IL Eurostick, a heavy spring, Happ competition buttons, and Cherry switches. The result: no difference between the feel and play of the stock Happ stick and the IL (some people say the actuator on the IL is better, but I don't see it or feel it). The heavy spring was too much work, so I ditched it and put the stock spring back in, but that felt loose. I took the spring from the IL (same as the stock spring in Happ) and stretched it about 1/8" to get more tension. So that was all good. After switching the buttons out I found that I preferred the stock concave ones and put them back (just today I went back to the convex and I'm gonna stick with them for a while). The Cherry switches were an improvement, and yours comes with them stock, so your good.

Now, after all that, the issue I have with the stick is that the bat top is too high off the surface to play comfortably, and there's too much throw, which makes dashing a bitch, especially to the left (bear in mind, I've been a pad player, so the stick is a learning experience). I've been thinking of getting a Qanba 4RAF to satisfy the desire to play on both systems and to have better control with the stick (though I've never used Sanwa/Seimitsu--I'm assuming they're better by reputation). But after the mod I made on the bat top shaft today, I no longer feel that way. Here's what I did:

Measured 0.7cm on the bottom plastic:

Cut it:

Reassembled using the center groove for the e-clip and now the bat top sits lower:

The tension was a little too much so I put the stock spring back in. Now the throw is shorter, my hand position comfortable, and the inputs more accurate. I'm finally happy with the PDP stick. Hope that helps.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I played on a Madcatz TE for a year or 2 before the PDP TE came out, and liked the sanwa feel better. Putting Sanwa parts in the PDP sticks is a heavy mod though. I had to re-drill the holes as the buttons are slightly larger. Also getting all of the components of the stick out in order to put in the sanwa stick is an absolute pain. My advice to anyone that likes Sanwa parts is to not use a PDP stick as a starting point. This might be obvious to people that have been doing this for a while but for me I learned the hard way, and I figured I'd share my story in case anyone else is just getting into this stuff and happens across this.