What's new

PC Modder Unlocks a Playable Baraka, Rain, and Sindel

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
New footage was posted to Youtube today of a PC-edition Mortal Kombat X modder who's managed to unlock a playable version of characters Rain, Sindel, and Baraka -- each of whom appeared in the game's story mode. Although the characters are not entirely complete (with variations and the like), they are fully playable, with their own set of normals and special moves.

Here's the video, courtesy of IGN:

The mod was created by tricking the game into loading the character' assets in place of Shinnok's.

Source: http://ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/mortal-kombat-x-modder-unlocks-rain-sindel-and-baraka

Attachments

Last edited:

Tim Static

Adminerator
I finished Story Mode last night. Those 3 w/ Tanya are the only 4 NPC that you actually fight, right? (not including the ridiculous Corrupt Shinnok). Those 3 with should be DLC at some point later this year around late fall/early winter. I wish.

Ps- that doesn't include Stryker, Kabal or Nightwolf who just make kameos.
They sad thing is that if they released them, they'd probably be crucified by the entire gaming world for releasing "on disc DLC". Haha
Those type of people can unkindly stfu about that. Either that or sell your game consoles & find another hobby. Asshats.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
They sad thing is that if they released updated/complete versions of them, they'd probably be crucified by the entire gaming world for releasing "on disc DLC". Haha
You say that like they aren't already for the DLC skins on disk. Well, that's the rumor anyways.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
I finished Story Mode last night. Those 3 w/ Tanya are the only 4 NPC that you actually fight, right? (not including the ridiculous Corrupt Shinnok). Those 3 with should be DLC at some point later this year around late fall/early winter. I wish.
I really thought NRS was going to surprise everyone by adding one or all of these characters as playable during an invasion or premiere tower. May still happen.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I really thought NRS was going to surprise everyone by adding one or all of these characters as playable during an invasion or premiere tower. May still happen.
Completely possible but they'd have to give them Xray's etc. So it would be a process that would have to lead to add on content at some point i would imagine.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
They sad thing is that if they released updated/complete versions of them, they'd probably be crucified by the entire gaming world for releasing "on disc DLC". Haha
You're right. Even though they're "on disc" doesn't mean they're "done", the greater gaming community would be up in arms with e-Pitchforks. I'd still like to see it.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Completely possible but they'd have to give them Xray's etc. So it would be a process that would have to lead to add on content at some point i would imagine.
Only if you want them as full DLC right? You can play a half-baked character during a silly tower run and still be fine. Storymode versions of each character seem fully playable (and not entirely basic either, Rain especially). You can still breaker, ex, etc.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
So, like Tanya, they're incomplete. I don't see why accusation of "on disc DLC" would stop them in the first place but if they're not complete them that accusation goes out the window.
You'd think so, but the greater gaming world has no shred of common sense. For example, the guy who reviewed MKX for IGN gave the game a lower score due to "microtransactions", even though the things you can pay for can be unlocked in the Krypt for free. Statements like that create a horde of followers who blindly start to complain without looking into the facts.

I sincerely hope that we can all get past this as a gaming community, but the few companies that did abuse DLC content have made a lot of people overly sensitive to the slightest little things.

Personally I'm all for more content, and I don't care where it comes from as long as it's good :cool:

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
it's really unfortunate anyone cares about anything on that site other than stuff like game trailers.
The thing is, the writer Vince is actually a FGC-head. But he's leaning way towards Capcom, so he was deriding the game in the review for things like having a block button -- imagine that :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The thing is, the writer Vince is actually a FGC-head. But he's leaning way towards Marvel, so he was deriding the game in the review for things like having a block button; imagine that :rolleyes:
It doesn't matter that he's an FGC head, and what you just said doesn't do anything but make him sound like your typical biased, IGNorant columnist.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Yeah I avoid any other sites discussions on this matter because there is so much jumping to conclusions with little understanding it's sickening... NRS is the anti - christ now... Smh...

Shipetopic

50/50 is the best town to live in !
New footage was posted to Youtube today of a PC-edition Mortal Kombat X modder who's managed to unlock a playable version of characters Rain, Sindel, and Baraka -- each of whom appeared in the game's story mode. Although the characters are not entirely complete (with variations and the like), they are fully playable, with their own set of normals and special moves.

Here's the video, courtesy of IGN:

The mod was created by tricking the game into loading the character' assets in place of Shinnok's.

Source: http://ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/mortal-kombat-x-modder-unlocks-rain-sindel-and-baraka
That's what you get when you launch a game on PC ))
Skyrim 2.0. It has begun !

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
OMG....Sindel is so fast in this. she is so AMAZING. PLZ make her and Rain playable Netherrealm! I don't care if they have one variation just make them an added update or something! charge us five dollars even! although I want an UMK3 Rain outfit too. Sindel only needs that one outfit. it's epic enough!