What's new

PC / Gaming Related Deals

btbb99

Noob
lol the wii is terrible, everyone i know including myself bought the wii for their kids years ago and they are nothing but dust collectors

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
The Wii is so overmatched at this point that Nintendo might consider upgrading their graphics and developer partnerships... just saying.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
The major reason the Wii has the lead in this edition of the console wars is because they had a one year head start. That, and it caters to the casual non-gamers. Anyone with any sense about them can see that the true console war is between the PS3 and the 360.

DCIguy said:
The major reason the Wii has the lead in this edition of the console wars is because they had a one year head start. That, and it caters to the casual non-gamers. Anyone with any sense about them can see that the true console war is between the PS3 and the 360.
I'm not sure how you can say the true console war is between the 360 and PS3 but in the sentence prior point out that the wii is Market leader. Don't get me wrong I dislike the wii alot but whether we like it or not almost every person has one.

Based on figures the wii is the most successful, even if it the worst console.....a strange thing!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
IceyTruth said:
I'm not sure how you can say the true console war is between the 360 and PS3 but in the sentence prior point out that the wii is Market leader. Don't get me wrong I dislike the wii alot but whether we like it or not almost every person has one.

Based on figures the wii is the most successful, even if it the worst console.....a strange thing!
The Wii is truly a paradox and its figures are very misleading. If you look at the top 10 games, ALL of them are Wii Sports/Fit or Mario games.

Wii Sports (76.76 million)
Mario Kart Wii (28.23 million)
Wii Sports Resort (27.68 million)
Wii Play (27.38 million)
Wii Fit (22.61 million)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (21.94 million)
Wii Fit Plus (18.49 million)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (9.48 million)
Super Mario Galaxy (8.84 million)
Mario Party 8 (7.6 million)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games

I'm not automatically dismissing Mario titles because of their name, but come on. Let's get a little variety here. I want to see Nintendo produce something new (non-mascot.) Better yet, get some good 3rd party games. One reason I prefer the other two systems is because of the wide variety and the many great exclusive titles (Uncharted, MGS, Pain, MK9, hell even GTA) you would never find on a Wii for one reason or another.

It's true, Nintendo's really becoming an anomaly lately and it has me worried. Personally I love the Wii, they had a small burst of good games a few months ago with Sonic Colors, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns but I don't even enjoy it mostly for that. I play my Wii almost everynight trying to get a Megalopolis in the SNES version of SimCity.

I think they'll have to change. And hard. Back when the Wii first came out nobody touched motion controls for quite a few years, but with the rise of cell phone gaming, the Move and Kinect, and the PS3/360 successors which I'm sure will incorporate something Nintendo's going to be scrambling new gimmick. To me, they have third party games but they're sub-par, and there aren't enough of them. Their systems bring the gameplay but when your next-gen console is just now bringing things up to HD... yeah, I'm very worried. There are a lot of reasons to be. And I even like the 3DS.

I want to say that gameplay > graphics, but Mario Kart can only stay fresh for so long.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Speaking of good deals, Best Buy is dumping a lot of random computer inventory including keyboards and mice. They are dirt cheap as they're getting rid of a lot of it. Check it out.