What's new

Pc early access and other questions

will the pc platform get early access on September 14 like the other consoles if you order the premium edition. There wasnt a beta for pc , so I'm not sure on the details of pc getting early access.

Also did they ever mention cross play between consoles like Xbox and Playstation, or are they not doing that for this mortal kombat.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Steam page says it does get early access.

Originally they said Crossplay between consoles would come at a later date, then they removed that from their website.
So either they intend to launch with it, or have no plans to add it ever.

Last edited:

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
This is where I don't think they have been clear on the crossplay stuff. I'd say it will likely happen between PS5 and Xbox. but i don't know how the PC/steam/Switch would work. It still has on MK11 crossplay as beta between ps/xbox but only in casual play modes. It may not even happen day 1 on consoles. I personally think this sucks in a way cuz what if I want to friend a PC or switch gamer and play but don't have the console. Hopefully they are working on a system so everyone can play together cuz what if you have a kid that has a switch or plays xbox in the other room. I mean obviously it would increase sales for all systems.

It looks like most retailers are promoting the early access tho for these consoles if available. I think just the beta was SOL.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
NRS hasn’t told us any solid details about the pc version of the game yet.

I don’t think the devs assisting on it have said much. The pc community has been asking for cross play since mk11 and weren’t included in the final update. As stated above console cross play is more likely pc isn’t. Now I believe pc cross play could work but that’s a dev choice.

Im hoping NRS includes us with in cross play later down the line though

Shania Twain

I don’t think the devs assisting on it have said much. The pc community has been asking for cross play since mk11 and weren’t included in the final update. As stated above console cross play is more likely pc isn’t. Now I believe pc cross play could work but that’s a dev choice.

What is strange is that crossplay does work with PC on MMOs like FFXIV, DCUO. However some have different servers. I heard WOW is possibly coming to consoles and I know FFXIV is coming to Xbox soon. and games like Fortnight are on everything right? Obviously each will have limitations or whatever your preference is. I just heard news of these. I know some have different servers and that is an issue I guess for the older ones. I dunno.

Toruko61

Noob
pc crossplay will be for epic game store and steam.

nrs must bring proper crossplay this time. people want to play with their pleb friends/family, but will nrs go the extra mile for a better hack/cheat protection is questionable.

BanTheTesters

What is strange is that crossplay does work with PC on MMOs like FFXIV, DCUO. However some have different servers. I heard WOW is possibly coming to consoles and I know FFXIV is coming to Xbox soon. and games like Fortnight are on everything right? Obviously each will have limitations or whatever your preference is. I just heard news of these. I know some have different servers and that is an issue I guess for the older ones. I dunno.
Can’t say I’ve heard about wow coming to consoles due to the way the game is set up and the gameplay based around macro/keyboard etc

but yes mmo and fps games such as battlefield and call of duty, apex etc have had cross play in them for a few years.

we hat have to wait and see if NRS is watching the fan base as pc players have been asking for a while.

I don’t think it’s a sever said issue, I think it’s the fact that the pc version is a possibly different port than the console based version that’s coming out.

This is just speculation though

BanTheTesters

nrs must bring proper crossplay this time. people want to play with their pleb friends/family, but will nrs go the extra mile for a better hack/cheat protection is questionable.
They could use an anti cheat that’s already out there but it’s a dev and Publisher choice at the end of the day.

I’m just hoping they are listening to us on the pc platform but it looks like we’d have to maybe politely tweet their attention maybe idk

My understanding is they're doing the same thing as MK11 by outsourcing the PC and Switch versions to the same studio which were always a patch behind Xbox and PS. This meant the versions didn't have parity so it couldn't have cross play.

So unless they do something crazy it doesn't look like PC will ever have cross play with console for MK1.

Shania Twain

Can’t say I’ve heard about wow coming to consoles due to the way the game is set up and the gameplay based around macro/keyboard etc

but yes mmo and fps games such as battlefield and call of duty, apex etc have had cross play in them for a few years.

we hat have to wait and see if NRS is watching the fan base as pc players have been asking for a while.

I don’t think it’s a sever said issue, I think it’s the fact that the pc version is a possibly different port than the console based version that’s coming out.

This is just speculation though
I have never played WoW but they did the macro/keyboard/controller option with FFXIV. and I know many left that game to FFXIV and it still gets updates. They say there is no plans as of July but I dunno. People on consoles may be more inclined to try it out. A lot of the MMOs for me get grindy and unless you have time etc you can lose interest. I think for me this is largely why the pick up and play is more my speed. I mean some stuff I can get into but have to take breaks. Also, they may not announce anything until they know it is a sure thing. I mean, i personally have to have a controller. So yes. i can definitely see both of your points. They also have to ensure one doesn't have an advantage or slow the console player's down so that can also be a thing.

Also. I can't do FPS games like call of duty at all and sandbox games i'm not great at. I also can't do racing games. I'm also not a fan of a lot of padding. Perhaps it's an age thing too or if you have time. Like I love FF games and the Mario Galaxy games. But hard to find time to complete or once over it is done. But again, taste is all subjective.

My understanding is they're doing the same thing as MK11 by outsourcing the PC and Switch versions to the same studio which were always a patch behind Xbox and PS. This meant the versions didn't have parity so it couldn't have cross play.

So unless they do something crazy it doesn't look like PC will ever have cross play with console for MK1.
Yes, WB Games once again contracted QLOC for the PC versions, and Shiver for the Switch version.

Darn, was hoping to have crossply since I don't have PS Plus anymore (I cancelled it a while back, and with that price hike I'm not going to get it again anytime soon).

I'm at least hoping it'll work well on Steam Deck.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
The PC version of MK1 should not have any issues with playerbase. MK11 had a good amount of people playing it on Steam throughout the course of it's life. The playerbase probably won't reach Tekken 7 levels, but you shouldn't have any problems finding matches.

Crossplay between consoles/PC would be nice, don't get me wrong. I want it to happen during MK1's lifetime, but unless the MK1 PC port is absolute dogshit, the player population shouldn't be a problem.

Early access for the 14th is already confirmed since August 31st in the Steam page. I got the Premium Edition and the availability date in my library remains September 19th, but I'm sure it'll work out somehow by then lol

Toruko61

Noob
They could use an anti cheat that’s already out there but it’s a dev and Publisher choice at the end of the day.

I’m just hoping they are listening to us on the pc platform but it looks like we’d have to maybe politely tweet their attention maybe idk
i stopped playing mk11 after the third season (the grind for lk skin fucked me up), so i don´t know if nrs added some anticheat afterwards, but pc kombat league had these slowmo/bad connection/disconnect-cheaters, but if they didn´t i wouldn´t expect them doing it for mk1.

just private lobby crossplay would be enough for me :/

Edit: Looks good for crossplay:

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

i stopped playing mk11 after the third season (the grind for lk skin fucked me up), so i don´t know if nrs added some anticheat afterwards, but pc kombat league had these slowmo/bad connection/disconnect-cheaters, but if they didn´t i wouldn´t expect them doing it for mk1.

just private lobby crossplay would be enough for me :/

Edit: Looks good for crossplay:
While the article states it’s required by the steam documents etc I’d wait for an offical announcement from NRS before we get hyped. Things from devs have to be registered all the time doesn’t mean they come to be.

…but then again this does seems to point that this may be the case…which is extremely cool. Let’s wait and see

BanTheTesters

The PC version of MK1 should not have any issues with playerbase. MK11 had a good amount of people playing it on Steam throughout the course of it's life. The playerbase probably won't reach Tekken 7 levels, but you shouldn't have any problems finding matches.

Crossplay between consoles/PC would be nice, don't get me wrong. I want it to happen during MK1's lifetime, but unless the MK1 PC port is absolute dogshit, the player population shouldn't be a problem.
I think this is such a wonderfully point…and shout outs to my fellow mk pc community they held it DOWN for years without cross play and it’s STILL going! Heck you can still find people for co op towers to this day!

while cross play would help keep the numbers up at all times/hours of the day the pc community WILL endure..

I do however think it’s time for cross play to be put in as we are now even seeing sports game devs supporting pc cross play in 2023 with this years madden and nba 2k

Toruko61

Noob
From SteamDB:

So yeah, i dont think it will come with the game from the get go, probably down the line if ever.
sad 9f mid noises.

i don´t mind denuvo. mk1 (gameplay) will be framelocked anyway. load times will most likely be higher, but maybe qloc will implement direct storage.