What's new

Overwatch Discussion Thread

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Qwark28#2718
you can add me on PC VSCSupreme#1362 I'm probably best with Lucio and junkrat but i like to switch up who i play every match, depending on who i feel is a good fit.
I sent you both a request. With @karaokelove , we can form a 4-man squad.

I play a lot of characters but most effective with: Lucio, Mercy, Pharah, Bastion, Torb, Soldier 76

I'm messing around with McCree and Junkrat and I switch up often during matches depending on what's happening/who's on the other team (switching to Genji when I notice a Bastion, switching to Lucio for extra speed/support, etc)

I cannot use Widowmaker for the life of me, and have no idea why. I shot a Bastion 6 fucking times before he turned around and killed me. He wasn't being healed either. I wish I could say that was weird, but whenever I try her, I simply cannot actually kill anyone, regardless of how many times I hit them. It drives me crazy.
Maybe you're not charging the shots enough?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I sent you both a request. With @karaokelove , we can form a 4-man squad.

I play a lot of characters but most effective with: Lucio, Mercy, Pharah, Bastion, Torb, Soldier 76

I'm messing around with McCree and Junkrat and I switch up often during matches depending on what's happening/who's on the other team (switching to Genji when I notice a Bastion, switching to Lucio for extra speed/support, etc)

Maybe you're not charging the shots enough?
I always make sure the first shot is 100%. Not sure about the rest, though.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I always make sure the first shot is 100%. Not sure about the rest, though.
Idk then. Pretty sure anyone with 200hp or less should be taken out in 1 charged shot(body) and then a non charged shot. But I don't play Widow much so don't quote me on that.

Also I tried to play Genji with a controller on PC for 1 match and insta-regret for the first 2 min in Nepal

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Playing on console for me is useless since I want to play this game at a high lvl and there's only so much you can do on console.

Still getting used to hotkeys though.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Like wtf is with the default set-up on controller? With characters like Genji and Pharah you can't have A as the default jump.

But even after reconfiguring the controls like Halo's Bumper Jumper, the sticks still feel stiff because of the acceleration

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Like wtf is with the default set-up on controller? With characters like Genji and Pharah you can't have A as the default jump.

But even after reconfiguring the controls like Halo's Bumper Jumper, the sticks still feel stiff because of the acceleration
I understand Pharah, I remapped her jump entirely, but why did you switch for Genji?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I understand Pharah, I remapped her jump entirely, but why did you switch for Genji?
Probably because you always have to be jumping so it helps if you can aim somewhat accurately while in the air.
Yep this. With Genji you're constantly Double Jumping and stuff so it's better remapped.

EDIT: yea idk I enjoy dicking around using a controller now. No aim assist too so it's not even like on console

Last edited:

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

use the claw method of holding the controller. for phara left trigger makes her use her jet pack so there is that. As for Genji i didnt fell like using the claw method every game so i mapped jump to the right stick and melee to the left

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
use the claw method of holding the controller. for phara left trigger makes her use her jet pack so there is that. As for Genji i didnt fell like using the claw method every game so i mapped jump to the right stick and melee to the left
Nah my config is ok. The only awkward part is Mercy because ability is the only way to give dmg boost for some reason and I have that mapped to Y so I have to crab for that

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Does anyone here run the game on a shit computer? I don't mind buying it and playing on low (I have a 5650m dedicated 1gb card on my laptop) and I hear good things about performance on shittier systems. I have it on console, but I love shooters on pc. I don't mind playing with ass graphics until I grab a new gaming laptop. Anyone running on an older system with a comparable card?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
You know that L2 or the xbox equivalent is also hover right? Keeping her jump on X/A works just fine.
I switched it because I use L2 to jump and hover immediately while being able to look around with my other hand. X and right stick are occupied by the same hand and it's more streamlined with L2

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Does anyone here run the game on a shit computer? I don't mind buying it and playing on low (I have a 5650m dedicated 1gb card on my laptop) and I hear good things about performance on shittier systems. I have it on console, but I love shooters on pc. I don't mind playing with ass graphics until I grab a new gaming laptop. Anyone running on an older system with a comparable card?
While I'm waiting for the RX480 to come out, I'm currently on a potato radeon hd 6670. It still runs the game on medium at 60 but in your case you might have to run on low at 30 in low-res or smth.

Creepy00

Noob
As long as you are playing with a team or as a team, it is fun. On the other hand, Solo queing with randoms can be frustrating at times, specially when no one switches their heroes or pick a healer for the team.

Anyways, I can't wait until next week when rank mode finally comes to console.

The Highlander

There can be only one
As long as you are playing with a team or as a team, it is fun. On the other hand, Solo queing with randoms can be frustrating at times, specially when no one switches their heroes or pick a healer for the team.

Anyways, I can't wait until next week when rank mode finally comes to console.
I've found that in those situations you switch to a healer that best suits the team comp, and then if they still haven't rallied together (like they've picked 2 hanzos and a genji or some other BS) then pick who you want to practice or have the most fun with, no reason to sacrifice yourself for heals that they don't even appreciate.

Creepy00

Noob
I've found that in those situations you switch to a healer that best suits the team comp, and then if they still haven't rallied together (like they've picked 2 hanzos and a genji or some other BS) then pick who you want to practice or have the most fun with, no reason to sacrifice yourself for heals that they don't even appreciate.
That is what I have been doing lately, especially when my team composition isn't strong. But even then, I run into teammates that go solo vs a team of 6 and die one by one, can't kill a single a flanker or a target, and do not counterpicked or switch heroes. There isn't much one can do on those cases. I just wish the match making would be better overall.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I wouldnt recommend doing ranked without going with premades.

Plus from what i'm reading the thing is a buggy mess. Hopefully it gets fixed before coming to consoles.