What's new

Overwatch Discussion Thread

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
@SM StarGazer

Like I said, stacking isn't a big deal if your team knows what's it doing
When are we putting in that double Zarya work breh?

Also I wanna see how much havoc we can cause in the enemy's back line with double Tracer. I run it a lot but only with randoms who play her like it's Call of Duty.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Stacking is def. a big deal, but it's also not a game-killer. I kind of like seeing the creativity that comes with stacked squads in competitive play, and I miss seeing that in the 1-hero tournies.

It'd be cool if maybe there was a rule where you could stack some of the time, but not all the time, etc. -- but that's probably too complex for anyone to implement.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
still waiting for ranked matches getting added :)
It's in the beta now. Played it the other day, it's interesting; definitely a higher level of play than the average pub, although plenty of players are in it who shouldn't be in it right now.

Eventually I guess those guys will be filtered out, but the only pain is having them affect your placement score.

You get 10 placement matches; and in the two I've lost so far, my team didn't seem to know how competitive play should go. No one used the mic except me; no communication, everyone running out separately, etc.

I ended up with scorelines like 40-12 with Gold Gold Gold Silver and plenty of objective time, and still lost.. So I'm not sure if it's going to end up making my initial competitive placing lower even though I was carrying the team.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
When are we putting in that double Zarya work breh?

Also I wanna see how much havoc we can cause in the enemy's back line with double Tracer. I run it a lot but only with randoms who play her like it's Call of Duty.
i dont really play overtrash do idk -_-?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly? Symmerra in attack is good if the enemy relies on Reinhardt or Genji, that's about it imo

Been doing really well with Symmetra, both on Attack and Defense. I don't really see anyone use her for Attack, but I think she's great for it! By the time your team gets to the objective and does a little fighting, her portal is already almost ready.
Symmetra on offense may be viable but there are much better options than Symmetra on offense like Soldier 76, Pharah and Reaper. Symmetra is very limited on offense and her ulti does not really help as much as Tac Visor, Death Blossom, or Barrage.

The range on her turrets are also very limited, so you will need to be in the middle of the fight in order to use it. If the other team see an offensive Symmetra, they can easily remove those turrets with a Winston (jump in, place shield and shoot it).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I feel like I just REALLY learned to play Genji by the first time by watching some pros and... My goodness. It's ridiculous.

You can literally play faster than people can react, you get behind their line, hit someone twice, dash through them, hit them again, and then wall jump out of the engagement to another angle just to come back in 2 seconds and surprise the team again.

It's actually a *lot* like fighting games -- how you can throw mixups at someone faster than they can react to them.

I was playing him too slow before; and now that I'm running in and out of the enemy lines at will, I'm starting to see how deadly he really is. Not to mention doing the same thing with your Ultimate up.

Credit to Pokelawls for letting me see how he should really be played.. It's on now :cool:

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Been doing really well with Symmetra, both on Attack and Defense. I don't really see anyone use her for Attack, but I think she's great for it! By the time your team gets to the objective and does a little fighting, her portal is already almost ready.
For attack Symmetra is a total waste of slot.
She is flawless for 1st Point defense and even for 2nd Point (on some maps like Temple of Anubis).

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
if yall want a good sniper, hit me up
I cannot use Widowmaker for the life of me, and have no idea why. I shot a Bastion 6 fucking times before he turned around and killed me. He wasn't being healed either. I wish I could say that was weird, but whenever I try her, I simply cannot actually kill anyone, regardless of how many times I hit them. It drives me crazy.