What's new

Overdue Introduction

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Hello everyone, This may be coming like 150 posts too late but i never did introduce my self.

My name is Curtis, I am a 17 year old Raiden main through better or worse since I was 6 back in MK2. I deeply into heavy metal mainly folk metal however, my favorite band is, as you may have guessed by my username/avatar Megadeth is my favorite band. I have a problem with being called CJ and am commonly confused with a serpent known as a "Rattlesnake". I am not the most patient of people and have never been to any offline tournaments as of this post, although i would be very interested if one was near me.

Aside from MK my interests include Music and Art (Can't draw at all but would love to put some time into it and improve.)
I am a gamer till i die and my favorite series are; (Not including MK) Zelda, Portal, Crash Bandicoot and MGS.

Thought i would type that up out of boredom and share something about my self with all of you. I look forward to getting to know and all the TYM community as MK matures.

leek

Noob
yeah man i'd say welcome but you know how it all works! :D

Megadeth is fucking awesome and MGS is my all time favorite! Hope to see some tournament appear near you, it's really a great experience.

CJKRattlehead

yeah man i'd say welcome but you know how it all works! :D

Megadeth is fucking awesome and MGS is my all time favorite! Hope to see some tournament appear near you, it's really a great experience.
Thanks! Love that sig BTW. I'm waiting to see if anyone will make me a (MGS) Raiden Sig.
I am considering attending Evo next year if MK is there and i wanted to go to Canada Cup but i am going to Florida at the time. Another thing about my self is i am into Marvel and DC heavily but never have i played MvC and i skipped out on MKDC. Looking forward to rent UMvC3 too see if the fun out ways the balancing issues. Ghost Rider better not suck. :)

leek

Noob
Thanks! Love that sig BTW. I'm waiting to see if anyone will make me a (MGS) Raiden Sig.
I am considering attending Evo next year if MK is there and i wanted to go to Canada Cup but i am going to Florida at the time. Another thing about my self is i am into Marvel and DC heavily but never have i played MvC and i skipped out on MKDC. Looking forward to rent UMvC3 too see if the fun out ways the balancing issues. Ghost Rider better not suck. :)
I can't attend evo.. :( Sort of sucks..

and yeah man! I love the artwork. It's actually for my hitbox but I really don't want to mess with it right now , i have to take the top plexiglass piece off, take the buttons out and reattach the wiring when I place the artwork under the piece.. Something I don't want to do honestly because I KNOW I'll mess it up

Last edited:

CJKRattlehead

I can't attend evo.. only 16 :( Sort of sucks.. Maybe If I get a job I could pay for the ticket out and back but other than that there's no chance for me :/

and yeah man! I love the artwork. It's actually for my hitbox but I really don't want to mess with it right now xD I have to take the top plexiglass piece off, take the buttons out and reattach the wiring when I place the artwork under the piece.. Something I don't want to do honestly because I KNOW I'll mess it up x.x
I have been curious about the hitbox but i doubt ill be able to try one unless i attend a major and some gracious soul gives me the chance. How is the learning curve on that thing?

leek

Noob
I have been curious about the hitbox but i doubt ill be able to try one unless i attend a major and some gracious soul gives me the chance. How is the learning curve on that thing?
Well, I don't want to put you off but if you haven't ever been a PC gamer or played on stick full time, you will have a LOT of problems... I got used to it in about a week and a half/two weeks, and I play PC games. So it is sort of high :/ But the pay off is huge. I have no input errors like on pad(random jumps, BF motion comes out everytime[Jade's EX glow works everytime, people.] semi-circles and IAF come out everytime.. it's nice.) and it has upped my game big time..

CJKRattlehead

Well, I don't want to put you off but if you haven't ever been a PC gamer or played on stick full time, you will have a LOT of problems... I got used to it in about a week and a half/two weeks, and I play PC games. So it is sort of high :/ But the pay off is huge. I have no input errors like on pad(random jumps, BF motion comes out everytime[Jade's EX glow works everytime, people.] semi-circles and IAF come out everytime.. it's nice.) and it has upped my game big time..
Good to know. I probably will stick with PS pad but i only ask because i cannot manage Kabals IAGB at all. About 2 hours in the lab i still fail with that shit (Back inputs after a back jump throw me off for some reason) although i can manage Mileena and Liu's IAFB very well. Good thing i don't like Kabal as a kharacter :p

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Welcome!

Never too late to make a nice introduction. I introduced myself two months after getting my account.