What's new

Only in America Would This Happen

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Well no female assassins in Unity I chuck up to artistic direction, who am I to question there artistic direction, its their game to develop, U-Play, can't comment much there since I never had any personal experience with it, but I have heard its atrocious, Watchdogs downgrade stuff, well I got nothing there that's BS and false advertising IMO. What I mean they backtracked a lot on things though to try and show the customer they acre, like removing some of the DRMs they used and several other things.
Yeah, but removing something due to a consumer outcry isn't exactly a gesture of good faith as much as it is the company realizing that it can't get away with that shit anymore without hurting future sales.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Well no female assassins in Unity I chuck up to artistic direction, who am I to question there artistic direction, its their game to develop, U-Play, can't comment much there since I never had any personal experience with it, but I have heard its atrocious, Watchdogs downgrade stuff, well I got nothing there that's BS and false advertising IMO. What I mean they backtracked a lot on things though to try and show the customer they acre, like removing some of the DRMs they used and several other things.
I believe that Unity is like MGS Peacewalker, where everyone sees themselves as the MC and everyone else is a random dude.

And that's such a pointless thing for people to bitch about, why isn't there a black assassin? Or Hispanic? Or Asian? Or fat? Or gay?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Yeah, but removing something due to a consumer outcry isn't exactly a gesture of good faith as much as it is the company realizing that it can't get away with that shit anymore without hurting future sales.
it can be seen both ways a company learning their lesson that they can't get away with shit and to the average consumer it also shows they are listening. Just look at Capcom for example, rather than admitting to fucking up, they just said fuck it and made a BS excuse. Ubi kind of did the same though with Unity and the no females things, why oh why they just didn't say artistic direct I will never know, but then again that PR person obviously didn't use their brain that day.
I believe that Unity is like MGS Peacewalker, where everyone sees themselves as the MC and everyone else is a random dude.

And that's such a pointless thing for people to bitch about, why isn't there a black assassin? Or Hispanic? Or Asian? Or fat? Or gay?
It is really a non-issue in the end of the day with that. The outcry is typically made by this strange concept of modern day feminism, IDK. Sure I guess they could have considered it, but most people also forget how rare and odd a woman assassin in the French Revolution times would be considering the small amount of rights and bad treatments they received back then. Just look into the Liberation game where they address something like that in that game where the PC is a female slave.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Why does everyone keep saying it is one dude suing? The article clearly says it is a class action lawsuit, he wouldn't get all the money if he won. The lawsuit was also filed by Edelson LLC which is known for suing over these types of things.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Why does everyone keep saying it is one dude suing? The article clearly says it is a class action lawsuit, he wouldn't get all the money if he won. The lawsuit was also filed by Edelson LLC which is known for suing over these types of things.
Where the hell were you before I made an ass out of myself, huh?

Zoidberg747

'Murica is a 3rd world country, and corportations take advantage of this fact. The corporations dont care about your satisfaction nor about integrity. Now shut up and pay diamonds for a product that cost peanuts to make. Oh Foxconn and IKEA says hello.
http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/12664-america-the-third-world-nation-in-just-4-easy-steps
The U.S. is not a third world nation in any sense of the word. In fact it is one of the countries that NATO designated a first world country.

Also FYI, 3rd and first world labels are not really used any more. Now you are either developed, developing or undeveloped. and saying the U.S. is undeveloped would be crazy.

The U.S. is not a third world nation in any sense of the word. In fact it is one of the countries that NATO designated a first world country.

Also FYI, 3rd and first world labels are not really used any more. Now you are either developed, developing or undeveloped. and saying the U.S. is undeveloped would be crazy.

For the moment I can agree. Lets just say we are in the process of undeveloping. Just take a drive through many southern states, detroit, miami, parts of the midwest and thats what we are on our way to undeveloping to.

Zoidberg747

For the moment I can agree. Lets just say we are in the process of undeveloping. Just take a drive through many southern states, detroit, miami, parts of the midwest and thats what we are on our way to undeveloping to.
No. The service sector still provides way more income than the industrial center in a majority of the U.S. Just because some cities are having rough times does not mean that they country as a whole is not developed. And I live in and have been to a lot of southern states and they are doing completely fine.

No idea why you brought this up in this thread though.